Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
LibrarianBecky
Mouseketeer

Early check in?

Do you think it is possible that we could have access to our room around noon in October? We want to stay on site for one night for the MNSSHP, so won't be going to the park until 4:00, and would like to relax a little before that. Is that a possibility?

Our first trip was September 2011--wonderful trip, very magical
LibrarianBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

We've done online check in the last 4 trips and indicated our arrival time. We have had our room ready as early as 9:30 am every time. Online check in helps if you are arriving early. We don't have specific room requests so that isn't an issue for us.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
LibrarianBecky
Mouseketeer

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Our first trip was September 2011--wonderful trip, very magical
LibrarianBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
mrg013
Mouseketeer

I agree. I don't think a noon check-in is unreasonable to hope for. You definitely can't count on getting in early, and it's never going to be guaranteed. However, as long as you indicate ahead of time that you'll be early, there's probably a good shot you'll get it. We were able to check-in once at 9:00am during a very busy holiday period, which was a very pleasant surprise, and I actually don't even think we had put in a request in advance.

Since you're only staying for one night, I wouldn't imagine you'd have overly elaborate requests for the room. I would say that's probably your best shot of being able to check-in early. Basically saying 'we'll take any room you have right now' is sure to give you a better chance of early check-in than having specific requests.
~*December 2004- Dolphin*~
~*Christmas 2006- Wilderness Lodge *~
~*March 2008- All-Star Sports*~
~*May 2013- Port Orleans Riverside*~
mrg013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibrarianBecky View Post
Do you think it is possible that we could have access to our room around noon in October? We want to stay on site for one night for the MNSSHP, so won't be going to the park until 4:00, and would like to relax a little before that. Is that a possibility?
If you have no special requests, it is a possibility. It's not guaranteed but it's possible. Just don't be too picky and accept whatever room is assigned.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
magicbob
Moratorium lifted on discussing the "line reservation system that shall not be named" now that it's been proven that it's more than just a handful of "haters" who have concerns with it.

Even if a room is not ready immediately, you can relax at the resort until it is. Since you are arriving at lunchtime, maybe hit the food court right after you check-in. You can also lounge around the pool, visit the gift shop, etc. We've often gotten into our room before 3pm, but even when a room was not ready immediately, we just killed time for a little bit and then got a text telling us the room was ready.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
nkereina
Wendy Darling

There is absolutely no way to know because it solely depends on occupancy the night before. If the hotel is sold out the night before, chances are slim because housekeeping has a lot to turnover. If occupancy is moderate the night before you check-in, your chances are better.

One thing that will help you is having no or limited requests. This way, you can be put into one of the rooms that is available when you arrive without having to wait for one that meets your request, which may not be cleaned until later.

You can also do online check-in. I once had a conversation with a CM who said they try to get people who check-in online into rooms that will be ready when they arrive, based on arrival time. However, requests are sometimes disregarded in order for them to do that. So if you have no requests, I would also do online check-in.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: