Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Comeundone87
Mouseketeer

Anyone have recent good/bad experience with Alamo Vroom Vroom code?

Anyone have a completed rental through Alamo using the Vroom Vroom Vroom Limited contract id 299851 recently?

I've done lots of searching on Google & Bing and really can't find anything definitive if there are any requirements to use this code. I've seen many people say that it's a code for people from the UK, but VroomVroomVroom also has a US website for people in the US to use. So, I don't get why people have said it must be for people from the UK. I also did a quick search on the website for the van that I am looking to rent for my dates and the price for living in the US & living in the UK are the same. (and that price is more than double the amount that I get when I use the code on Alamo's web site)

I know there's another thread about this from last year, but I'm wondering if there are any more recent experiences with this code.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
ellie&mattys mom
DIS Veteran

me too!

I will be curious to know too as I haven't booked our car yet for July!
2007 June off site/Marriott Cypress Universal/Sea World
2007 March/April CBR !
2006 Pop Century
2004 October Coronodo & Port Orleans Riverside
2003 November- Hard Rock & Port Orleans Riverside
2001 Wilderness Lodge & Beach Club
1997 Port Orleans FQ
1993 Poly HONEYMOON
1989 Hilton
1984 Shades of Green
1982 Poly
ellie&mattys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
piglet33
DIS Veteran

I would like to know also, because I have a reservation with this code for August that I'm wondering about.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Here are the terms and conditions of the code. I used it with a coupon code and saved $75 on my one way mini-van for a week over the BJs discount with Dollar. http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com/terms...-states/alamo/
Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
brettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post
Here are the terms and conditions of the code. I used it with a coupon code and saved $75 on my one way mini-van for a week over the BJs discount with Dollar. http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com/terms...-states/alamo/
Those are the terms and conditions that apply if you book your Alamo car through VroomVroomVroom.com.

I see no evidence that those are the T&C for the 299851 CID. In fact, I see the opposite:

1) Rates booked with the CID are drastically lower than the quote from VroomVroomVroom.com: $330.22 vs $737.42 for a fullsize.

2) More importantly, the CID includes CDW (same as the LDW) and the EP (Extended Protection, which is third party liability insurance.) Those T&C say that insurance is *not* included.

3) Those coverages cost $24.99/day and $12.44/day when you book through Alamo without the CID. The cost of adding that insurance is more than than the total CID price that includes them. That just doesn't smell right.

I've seen other codes that include insurance. They have been for employees of a particular company or for foreign visitors with international drivers licenses. You may get away with using one of these when you pick up the car...and when you return it safe and sound. If you have to file a claim, I'd expect Alamo to pay more attention to your status as an employee or foreign visitor. And of course when the CDW is included, you can't decline it to activate the coverage offered by credit cards.

So until somebody reports using the code and filing a substantial claim with absolutely no problems with the included coverages, I won't use it.
8-9/'11 AKL (Free dining!)
8/10 Polynesian (40% PIN)
7/09 AKL (7-for-4 + AP discount)
8/08 AKL (Free dining!) & 5/08 Coronado Springs Resort
12/07 Animal Kingdom Lodge
9-10/06 Pop Century (Free dining!)
10/05 Wilderness Lodge (Free dining!)
12/04 Grand Floridian & 6/04 Polynesian
8/03 Contemporary for 15 minutes, Grand Floridian for the rest of the trip
10/02 Polynesian
1976-96 Contemporary, Village Resort, All-Star Sports, Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Off-property
brettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
Comeundone87
Mouseketeer

Well seeing as I'm not getting any definite answers here, I emailed vroom from their website to see what they have to say about the code. If I don't get anywhere with them I will email Alamo and see what they have to say.

I really want this to be a legit code - I don't even want it for the insurance aspect of it, the rate is just simply cheaper. Fingers crossed I get an answer one way or another.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
mguedes
Mouseketeer

I would like to see the answer from both companies.
mguedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I don't get the question...why wouldn't it be legit? if it works on the site,don't you get the rental? I just tried it,and they accepted it....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #9
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeundone87 View Post
Well seeing as I'm not getting any definite answers here, I emailed vroom from their website to see what they have to say about the code. If I don't get anywhere with them I will email Alamo and see what they have to say.

I really want this to be a legit code - I don't even want it for the insurance aspect of it, the rate is just simply cheaper. Fingers crossed I get an answer one way or another.
People on the hard core sites will flame you for writing. They'll tell you not to use an "iffy" code if you're not willing to risk it. They say people who write risk ruining it for others.

You book directly on the Vroom site. I don't see a place to even use a code. I thought the appropriate discounts were automatically applied.

Your reply is likely to be a generic reply which says something like the ID code is valid. That doesn't mean you're entitled to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
I don't get the question...why wouldn't it be legit? if it works on the site,don't you get the rental? I just tried it,and they accepted it....
A code isn't random numbers. A code exists for members of AAA, members of a group, employees of a specific company, employees of a specific company on business....The site accepts the code then the code is legit but that doesn't mean you can legitimately use the code. Use the code for COSTCO and you might be asked to show your membership card, Alamo in PHX not only asked to see my card but swiped it in order to capture my membership number. Use a code for a company and you might be asked for your employee ID card.

Right now Alamo is generally lax in not asking for ID. That could change at any time.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

ooooo..... so people are using this code, but we don't know what group you're supposed to be a part of? how does this happen?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
Comeundone87
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Lewisc;48356158]People on the hard core sites will flame you for writing. They'll tell you not to use an "iffy" code if you're not willing to risk it. They say people who write risk ruining it for others.

Seriously?!? I had no idea

With this site especially, everyone is all about doing the right thing I hadn't even thought of that. Well still no reply, not even a generic one stating that they received my email so I'm not holding out hope that I'll get a reply.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
brettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
ooooo..... so people are using this code, but we don't know what group you're supposed to be a part of? how does this happen?
How does what happen? How do people find codes they aren't entitled to use? They look here or on FlyerTalk or someplace else on the internet.

Think of it this way: You can call and book a resort room-only reservation with an Annual Passholder discount even though you don't have one. If you don't show them an AP or an AP voucher when you check in (or within 24-hours or whatever the requirement is), POOF goes your discount! And now you're paying rack rate. So you've gone from a 35% discount to a 0% discount when you could have legitimately booked with public 30% discount in the first place.

Many people get away with using codes they aren't entitled to use because, unless the usage of the code goes way up, many stations are lax about verifying qualifications. When the volume for a business' code goes way up, it looks hinky. That's why the people on other boards, who happily and knowingly use CIDs they shouldn't be using, get upset when a code hits DISboards. The rental agency may get serious about verifying qualifications or they may void the "leaked" code altogether.

A travel agency could have a CID that's intended for it's customers that gives one set of benefits. But they could also have another code for their employees. And it seems to me that some of these rates, particularly CIDs associated with agencies or airlines serving foreign visitors, that include CDW/LDW or other insurances AND give a great price are intended for visitors with passports and international drivers licenses.

Or a huge "professional services" company may have a special contract with a rental company. It may give great rates and include insurance coverage. If you can't produce a company ID if you're asked for it....you're hosed.

Years ago, I once (somewhat) naively booked an Alamo reservation with one of these super codes. I tried to check in at a kiosk. It directed me to the counter. The agent asked, "Where did you get this code?" I said, "The internet." He told me that I couldn't use it. And of course at that point, I was looking at full, regular rates that were much higher than if I had used a public code when I originally booked. I was only somewhat naive, however; I had a back-up National reservation with a safe code. It was more expensive than the Alamo reservation and didn't include insurances. But obviously I knew the Alamo rate was Too Good To Be True or I wouldn't have had the backup. To me, it's just not worth the savings (or the time wasted if you try it and get rejected at the counter) to mess around with "risky" codes and backup reservations.
10/02 Polynesian
1976-96 Contemporary, Village Resort, All-Star Sports, Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Off-property
Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
Prestara
Earning My Ears

I would love to know more about this code. The savings for me are several hundred dollars but its not worth taking the chance it if I am not entitled to this offer. I am weary about what happens if i am unfortunate enough to have an accident. I just need more info before I use it but I cannot find information on this specific code.

Hopefully somebody can clarify this code.
Prestara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestara View Post
I would love to know more about this code. The savings for me are several hundred dollars but its not worth taking the chance it if I am not entitled to this offer. I am weary about what happens if i am unfortunate enough to have an accident. I just need more info before I use it but I cannot find information on this specific code.

Hopefully somebody can clarify this code.
The code is from VROOM VROOM VROOM LIMITED

A two second search of the net found this information.

http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com/terms...-states/alamo/
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
brettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
The code is from VROOM VROOM VROOM LIMITED

A two second search of the net found this information.

http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com/terms...-states/alamo/
The problem with a "two second search" is that those Terms and Conditions don't necessarily go with the CID being discussed. There's no mention of the CID on any VroomVroomVroom.com pages.

First, the "this quote" part suggests that those terms and conditions apply to the quote you would get if you reserved through vroomvroomvroom.com. The prices I get when I do that are MUCH higher than the prices one gets using the CID at Alamo.com.

Second, those terms and conditions say that the quote does not include insurance. Using the CID at Alamo.com, the rental includes not only the CDW but also the supplemental liability.

My conclusion is that these terms and conditions have nothing to do with the Vroom Vroom Vroom CID.

One of my theories is that the CID is for VroomVroomVroom employees, not customers.
10/02 Polynesian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: