Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
Otimon
DIS Veteran

Fitness Center

Does it cost anything to use the Fitness Center exercise equipment on the Dream and Fantasy? Can you walk in any time just to use equipment?

Many thanks.
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otimon
Does it cost anything to use the Fitness Center exercise equipment on the Dream and Fantasy? Can you walk in any time just to use equipment?

Many thanks.
No cost, and go in anytime!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
jrbdad
Mouseketeer

If I remember right - opens at 6 am. Not sure what time it closes. For the size, very complete.
jrbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
dad4dis
Mouseketeer

When I was on the Fantasy in Feb. it was very crowded in the morning.
dad4dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
If I remember right - opens at 6 am. Not sure what time it closes. For the size, very complete.
Opens at 6:30am. I wish it opened at 6am!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #6
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Free, but nobody under age 18 is allowed in. Always thought that odd on a family cruise line that there aren't any hours for those under 18.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Free, but nobody under age 18 is allowed in. Always thought that odd on a family cruise line that there aren't any hours for those under 18.
I used it n the Dream. There was one father and son that I saw several times. The son was maybe 12... No one said anything to him.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #8
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post
I used it n the Dream. There was one father and son that I saw several times. The son was maybe 12... No one said anything to him.
I was going to say, maybe they have the caveat that most gyms have that under 18s are only allowed with a parent/guardian. That just makes common sense from a safety perspective.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
I was going to say, maybe they have the caveat that most gyms have that under 18s are only allowed with a parent/guardian. That just makes common sense from a safety perspective.
The gyms here market heavily to Junior and High School kids (especially those involved in school sports ) so the age restriction to be alone is 12 here. The kids start streaming in alone after school lets out.
I know on our Disney cruise on the Magic my then 16 year old was not allowed in the gym even if I was with him. He was disappointed as we were cruising the end of December/beginning of January and wanted to keep his pre-baseball season conditioning going.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
They do not have that rule. Under 18 can only be there from 9-10 at night through the Vibe, not with their parents. My daughter went with the vibe the first night, and then just went by herself because no one else wanted to go but the time had been okayed, but only from 9-10 pm (our dinner time so she left dinner every night) and worked out. She said there was NEVER anyone else there, and in fact she almost got locked in one night because the staff didn't even know she was there.

I think it is ridiculous that they have no work out place for teens, many like my daughter who play year round sports and like to work off those desserts and heavy meals, and just like to work out on a treadmill or with the weights. I understand during the heavy traffic times in the mornings to have it adult only, but why not let the teens have the evenings?

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Otimon
DIS Veteran

Many thanks for everyone taking the time to reply.
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: