Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #796
rastuso
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
As an AP holder (so I'm biased), I don't think restricting is acceptable. I can go to WDW every single day in a year and pull FPs to my heart's contentment now. And those are the terms I bought my pass under. Why should I pay so much money for a pass that is essentially useless? If they restrict then they need to lower the cost by a lot. (Jm2c)
But you pay a lot less per park day, so Disney could be saying your FP+s should be limited. Or, if anything, you should pay a lot more since you would be able to stroll into a park Friday after work and ride 3 E-tickets, and go home.

I could easily see them doing this to drive folks away from APs. If their numbers show that APs don't spend enough on merch to warrant eating up a lot of FP+ that could make one time visitors happier, and spend more.

And unless their restaurants are running with lots of empty tables (I doubt it), dining will be unaffected.

Jason
Old 07-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #797
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post

Maybe because we customize ours but all our names are suppose to be on them. I'm guessing you had the generic gray ones.
Customizing them will not make them more comfortable to wear..
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #798
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

I know a few people who have tried them, and found them comfortable, but they didn't not use them in the parks specifically.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #799
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill
I know a few people who have tried them, and found them comfortable, but they didn't not use them in the parks specifically.
we are in AK and it's hot and humid. But my wrists were sweating at the resort in the a/c too. The top half is hard formed so it doesnt comform to your wrist.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 07-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #800
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
we are in AK and it's hot and humid. But my wrists were sweating at the resort in the a/c too. The top half is hard formed so it doesnt comform to your wrist.
New accessory...wrist sweatbands...

If this becomes a problem, let's hope they come up with an alternative quickly, like the rumored keyfob.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #801
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

If this becomes a problem, let's hope they come up with an alternative quickly, like the rumored keyfob.
.... and refrigerated "cool bands"

....... and "anti-nausea bands" for expectant park goers.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #802
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

.... and refrigerated "cool bands"

....... and "anti-nausea bands" for expectant park goers.
Can you get these in "iconic grey" ?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #803
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168 View Post
Can you get these in "iconic grey" ?
I think the anti-nausea ones might come in some shade of yellow...

Old 07-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #804
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

im sorry for not reading through this entire thread, but if you use the FP+, do you have to pick a time frame or are they good for the entire day?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #805
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslipper View Post
im sorry for not reading through this entire thread, but if you use the FP+, do you have to pick a time frame or are they good for the entire day?
You pick an hour window, based on availability (not all times may be available).

Old 07-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #806
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill

see already a better idea than wristbands
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #807
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
see already a better idea than wristbands
I predict a lanyard fob of some sort. This will appear on the scene about the time Disney realizes that people wearing magicbands might buy magicband accessories, but stop buying lanyards and all those pretty pins to wear on them.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #808
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
I predict a lanyard fob of some sort. This will appear on the scene about the time Disney realizes that people wearing magicbands might buy magicband accessories, but stop buying lanyards and all those pretty pins to wear on them.
I'll probably try to attach ours to lanyards. I don't want to wear it on my wrist.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #809
roxazul
Mouseketeer

Trying to read all threads related to MB & FP+
and understand this is all speculation at this point.. but would it be possible to choose the 3 FP+ for the same attraction at a park ?

Me DD9
Old 07-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #810
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
RFID is simple enough in general that they can make anything...it's a matter of form and convenience, since the whole point was to make it too convenient to use for charging... The only restrictions on are on the battery and the length/shape of the antenna, which until someone disassembles a band I'm not sure if it may in fact occupy a decent portion of the band. Most of the "sticker" types are actually mostly the antenna arranged in a square pattern.

I was actually thinking i wouldn't mind if they offered one of the waterproof lanyard card cases with the feature. I need that for all the other cards I still currently need to carry.

Another one could be a keyring...I can actually picture it. Imagine something like this, with the medallion as the "magicband":

The problem may be in that convenience...too easy to put in a pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
I'll probably try to attach ours to lanyards. I don't want to wear it on my wrist.
A keyfob should work for that...but that might be my alternative for the band as well if it is a problem.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: