Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #496
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
Well just call me Mary Sunshine because I think 4 FP a day scheduled in advance would be perfect for my family. For MK, I'd use them on ETWB, a parade spot, Dumbo, and princess meet. We don't do fast rides or PPF. For HS I'd pick TSMM, Legend of Captain Jack, Beauty, and Disney Jr. No ToT for this family or coasters. AK would be safari, FotLK, Nemo, Flights of Wonder (that's nearly everything we want to do there anyway). Epcot, Soarin, Illuminations spot, Living with the Land, and Turtle Talk.

Now before you flame me, this is for MY family. I'm not saying it works for everyone or even a majority. I have no desire to run across parks to grab FP. If we don't get FP as we walk then we'll wait in standby or not ride that ride.
It sounds quite peaceful. . What time of the year do you usually travel?
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #497
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
For HS I'd pick TSMM, Legend of Captain Jack, Beauty, and Disney Jr.
If there is any justice left in the world... there will be no FP offered for Legend of Capt. Jack.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #498
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I agree.

But I do find it odd that so many who didn't like the old system because they were disadvantaged by sleeping in now like this new system where they will do rope drop for standby followed by PM FPs.
I wasn't indicating I would do rope drop-- more showing agreement with a plan for rope drop people to still get a great benefit from the new system.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #499
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Well just call me Mary Sunshine because I think 4 FP a day scheduled in advance would be perfect for my family. For MK, I'd use them on ETWB, a parade spot, Dumbo, and princess meet. We don't do fast rides or PPF. For HS I'd pick TSMM, Legend of Captain Jack, Beauty, and Disney Jr. No ToT for this family or coasters. AK would be safari, FotLK, Nemo, Flights of Wonder (that's nearly everything we want to do there anyway). Epcot, Soarin, Illuminations spot, Living with the Land, and Turtle Talk.

Now before you flame me, this is for MY family. I'm not saying it works for everyone or even a majority. I have no desire to run across parks to grab FP. If we don't get FP as we walk then we'll wait in standby or not ride that ride.
Well, hello, Mary! I think there is a lot of people this will work for. I'm looking forward to having some FPP with out having to colect them during my park visit. Also looking forward to the reduction of people running through the parks and crashing into my family.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #500
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
It WILL be interesting to see what FP+ does to RD ... I wonder if FP+ will force people into the park earlier, thus diminishing the appeal of RD for everyone else ...
and if RD becomes more crowded then afternoons and evenings likely become less crowded.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #501
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
Well, hello, Mary! I think there is a lot of people this will work for. I'm looking forward to having some FPP with out having to colect them during my park visit. Also looking forward to the reduction of people running through the parks and crashing into my family.
we are part of the crowd that maximizes FP and I have to say I am looking forward to FP+. We used to avoid FP because we didn't want to do double duty by hoofing it back and forth all day to get the prized FP. Then we were able to develop a touring style with FP and FP running that worked. Returning to the days of not doubling our walking in order to get some FP's is welcome. Also, if we have 4 FP+ attractions and avg. 1 hr wait for other attractions, that's 6-8 standby attraction in an 8 hr day in addition to 4 FP+'s, so I think FP+ won't feel like much of an overall change for us other than we get to save precious footsteps, which is worth a lot to us.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #502
cpd5215
Earning My Ears

Totally agree with D1gitman. I think it will be advantageous in terms of maximizing the amount of attractions that you can ride as well as minimizing the amount of stress obtaining the FP.

Last edited by cpd5215; 07-14-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #503
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
It sounds quite peaceful. . What time of the year do you usually travel?
This year it will be in September. I've checked the calenders and everything else we want to ride will be at most 20 minutes. Shouldn't be an issue, but as I mentioned if it is we'll skip it and ride later/another day. We have three MK days planed.

I've been to the parks when they were super crowded and I've been when I could walk on SM. All were fun because I was in WDW.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #504
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
If there is any justice left in the world... there will be no FP offered for Legend of Capt. Jack.

LOL is it that bad? My D is nuts about Capt. Jack. Glad to hear we won't need to "waste a FP+" on it because there are SO many other things we want to do at HS like Muppets 3D and Starring Roles cafe.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #505
cpd5215
Earning My Ears

Quote:
LOL is it that bad? My D is nuts about Capt. Jack. Glad to hear we won't need to "waste a FP+" on it because there are SO many other things we want to do at HS like Muppets 3D and Starring Roles cafe.
Is there anywhere on Disney's site or elsewhere that list yet what attractions will have FPP available?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #506
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's ok to look forward to it I think it's going to work well for my family too, in theory. But in reality, I have to wait and see how it actually pans out and if we can get the ride schedule that is ok, and how much of a pain using the app is with this, does it make planning more of a pain, etc. The good thing is I can cancel a trip at 45 days if I am not happy after the 60-day signup, so I will be sure not to tell the kids before that. It's going to be tougher dealing with the airline tickets, but we'll see.

So there are a lot of unknowns for me..
Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #507
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd5215 View Post
Is there anywhere on Disney's site or elsewhere that list yet what attractions will have FPP available?
I can't find one. It would be nice to have a link.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #508
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Presumably it will be the selection list itself, when available
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 07-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #509
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd5215 View Post
Quote:
Seems it is going to be anything and everything.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #510
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Presumably it will be the selection list itself, when available
Don't we know from the tests?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: