Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #3721
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
No but you can move your next FP+ time closer now that the FP in front of it has been used as long as there is availability. For example we booked the princesses back to back. Rapunzel 9-10 then Cinderella 10-11. Once we use rapunzel FP we can then move Cinderella to a closer time so we don't have to wait until the 10 to see her it might be able to be changed to 9:15 or 9:30

I did this with my FP+ on my trip in August and it worked out great
without a smartphone, how do you to that?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #3722
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Oh boy! We're going to have to start a new thread soon!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #3723
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
without a smartphone, how do you to that?
There are/will be kiosks set up at the parks, but doing it to that level probably requires the smartphone app.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 09-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #3724
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
For shipping, it's supposed to be 10 days, according to the early info and what the TAs were apparently told more recently...that's what the argument was about...everyone lately has said they had until 30 days...
When i first read of overnight shipping and the 10 day thing i was amazed.

30 days to ship makes more sense for the long term i think. And if we're getting close to the point when they 'throw the big switch' to live then i suppose we are seeing the conversation to 'live'. I'd imagine next step is the shipping stops being overnight and becomes some flavor of ground.

Overnight shipping is a small fortune- so eventually they'll need to switch to ground- and that could be up to a week or so. Also- people don't always fly straight from home to Disney's doorstep. Some might drive or make a vacation stop along the way. So shipping sooner than later makes sense- at least for those people with existing reservations.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #3725
wvhokie
Earning My Ears

I am so disappointed. We are arriving next Friday 10/4 to Saratoga Springs so we will not be able to participate in the magic bands and fastpass + because the hotel is not participating until the end of this month. I called to see if there was anything that can be done since we are DVC members but no luck. I wished that they thought about the DVC members when testing this. The MDE rep suggested that I move to another hotel and I told her that it is not possible and that we had this booked 11 months ago.

Has anyone be able to get the magic bands once you arrive there?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #3726
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvhokie View Post
I am so disappointed. We are arriving next Friday 10/4 to Saratoga Springs so we will not be able to participate in the magic bands and fastpass + because the hotel is not participating until the end of this month. I called to see if there was anything that can be done since we are DVC members but no luck. I wished that they thought about the DVC members when testing this. The MDE rep suggested that I move to another hotel and I told her that it is not possible and that we had this booked 11 months ago.

Has anyone be able to get the magic bands once you arrive there?
I'm not sure what you mean by wishing "they thought about the DVC members". Of COURSE they are thinking of the DVC members, just like all the other guests. 90% of the guests at SSR are probably DVC members, and the resort IS being brought online. DVC members staying at AKV and BCV are already using it. ALL the resorts are being added on a schedule. It's too bad that you'll miss it, but that's the schedule.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #3727
DrDoodle
Earning My Ears

New question. If my DD5 has FP+ for repunzal, and I do not what happens? Obviously she can't wait in line alone, but I don't want to 'waste' my FP+ when I could use it for space mountain, which she can't ride. Anyone have official answer? Theoretical guess? Willing to test it for me? We arrive in 8 days!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #3728
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoodle View Post
New question. If my DD5 has FP+ for repunzal, and I do not what happens? Obviously she can't wait in line alone, but I don't want to 'waste' my FP+ when I could use it for space mountain, which she can't ride. Anyone have official answer? Theoretical guess? Willing to test it for me? We arrive in 8 days!
I don't see a problem. Your DD has the FP+, she is the one wanting to see Rapunzel. You, as a responsible parent, are just chaperoning her through the line.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #3729
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoodle
I do not have an official answer but I am pretty sure you would also need a FP+. If you have another adult you can use child swap for Space Mountain and use your FP+ for the princess. Thats what I plan to do anyway but obviously that wouldnt work with only one adult.

Nov. 2008- POR and FW........June 2011-POP

Oct. 13th-18th, 2013--Rolling Hills and 1st visit to US/IOA
Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

Old 09-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #3730
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post

I don't see a problem. Your DD has the FP+, she is the one wanting to see Rapunzel. You, as a responsible parent, are just chaperoning her through the line.
It doesn't work like that, or at least it didn't in the past. Everyone entering the fp line must have a fp.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 09-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #3731
alidunne
Earning My Ears

great thread!! I can't believe we're just 17 days out from going and trying out our Magic Bands for ourselves
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: