Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #3496
suzyqqq27
Mouseketeer

2 tickets - one band

I apologize if this has been asked before but this thread is quite a beast and I couldn't wade through the whole thing although I truly have tried.

We have PAPs that expire midway through our trip and then 5-day UCT magic-your-way base paper tickets for the balance of our vacation in October. I have managed to link both to MDX without issue. We have magic bands personalized and they will be waiting for us at the resort and yes we have been asked to participate in the testing.

My question is, how does the turnstile entry know to use our PAP first and not the 5-day ticket?

Should I not have linked the 5 day tickets until our PAPs expired? If I did that, I couldn't book enough fastpass+ days for our whole trip.

Any advice or knowledge on this?

Thanks in advance,
Suzanne in Canada
Old 09-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #3497
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqqq27 View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before but this thread is quite a beast and I couldn't wade through the whole thing although I truly have tried.

We have PAPs that expire midway through our trip and then 5-day UCT magic-your-way base paper tickets for the balance of our vacation in October. I have managed to link both to MDX without issue.

My question is, how does the turnstile entry know to use our PAP first and not the 5-day ticket?

Should I not have linked the 5 day tickets until our PAPs expired? If I did that, I couldn't book enough fastpass+ days for our whole trip.

Thanks in advance,
Suzanne in Canada
There is supposed to be a way to prioritize them, but it's not obvious if we are supposed to be able to do it on the web site. When you check in at the resort, make sure they take care of it.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #3498
suzyqqq27
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Thank you - I couldn't figure out how this was going to work. I will ask at check in and hope I get a knowledgeable cast member. Unfortunately, we're checking in to a resort that will only be starting testing 5 days before we arrive.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #3499
ccjmjzh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
I can tell you that the CM is wrong about not being able to do FP+ from the app. I booked through Disney, package with air, room, tickets etc. MDE website showed my tickets just fine but MDE app never showed them. Disney IT, super nice and helped me with another problem on the phone so I had asked about them not showing on the app. She said it was a known problem but as long as they show on the website correctly and in their system correctly...it will not be a problem. That's where it is all stored. They are there and functions just fine, app is just having problem "showing" them. Mine stayed this way. I was able to get my Magic Bands, make and change FP+ using the app etc. I go in October, but do not anticipate any problems from that. No worries
Thanks so much for your response! Nice to hear it straight from someone who is currently able to use the app despite the error. Hoping all of us November folks can say the same soon!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #3500
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:

We have PAPs that expire midway through our trip and then 5-day UCT magic-your-way base paper tickets for the balance of our vacation in October. I have managed to link both to MDX without issue. We have magic bands personalized and they will be waiting for us at the resort and yes we have been asked to participate in the testing.

Thanks in advance,
Suzanne in Canada
I spoke with MDEx IT about this the other day because I also have 1 day left on my PAP and then need to add another ticket for the remaining 2 days. He said that the only way to be sure that the PAP gets scanned on the first day is to go to the resort front desk and they "should" be able to 'prioritize' the PAP for that day. If they can't, he said that Guest Relations outside of any park entrance definitely can do it. I was told that if I don't have the ticket 'prioritized' (moved to the front so to speak) before I enter the park that the MB might use either ticket first, not in the order I entered them into MDEx (or in the order of expiration). He said this is something they are looking at and that in the future the goal is that we will be able to do this ourselves day by day on line. So glad I asked!!- I would have assumed they would already have this in working order before they let us register multiple tickets.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #3501
suzyqqq27
Mouseketeer

Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
I spoke with MDEx IT about this the other day because I also have 1 day left on my PAP and then need to add another ticket for the remaining 2 days. He said that the only way to be sure that the PAP gets scanned on the first day is to go to the resort front desk and they "should" be able to 'prioritize' the PAP for that day. If they can't, he said that Guest Relations outside of any park entrance definitely can do it. I was told that if I don't have the ticket 'prioritized' (moved to the front so to speak) before I enter the park that the MB might use either ticket first, not in the order I entered them into MDEx (or in the order of expiration). He said this is something they are looking at and that in the future the goal is that we will be able to do this ourselves day by day on line. So glad I asked!!- I would have assumed they would already have this in working order before they let us register multiple tickets.
So I wonder if we'll have to do that every day with our remaining PAP days (we will have 3). That would be a pain. I can imagine that with the magic bands in the testing phase that the lines at guest services are going to be rather long. Sigh. So much stress this trip. I'm hoping they can prioritize them on the first day and we won't have to do it again.

Crossing my fingers,
S.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #3502
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
So I wonder if we'll have to do that every day with our remaining PAP days (we will have 3). That would be a pain. I can imagine that with the magic bands in the testing phase that the lines at guest services are going to be rather long. Sigh. So much stress this trip. I'm hoping they can prioritize them on the first day and we won't have to do it again.

Crossing my fingers,
S.
No, once it is prioritized it should be used first until it is no longer valid.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 09-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #3503
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Bjakmom, can you provide the contact info for the MDE IT? No one so far seems to be able to,resolve my issue where mine and son's PAPs are reversed in MDE. I am really worried because son won't be on next trip and I don't want a huge hassle.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #3504
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post

PS - Can someone please tell me all the color choices for Magic Bands? I know about blue, red, orange & pink. If I could see a picture with the colors that would be even better! Thanks.
From earlier in the thread

I thought in original pic there was a purple? Purple maybe coming.....
However it's not a choice.. :

Original pic released

Later pic, of bands in box - these were Choices I was given
<<<<<< click here is cant see it..
iPad have problems seeing these

Old 09-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #3505
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
From earlier in the thread

I thought in original pic there was a purple? Purple maybe coming.....
However it's not a choice.. :

Original pic released

Later pic, of bands in box - these were Choices I was given
As I mentioned earlier, these were early concept versions and don't actually look quite like the real things...notice, no yellow, and no grey trim...

Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #3506
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Bjakmom, can you provide the contact info for the MDE IT? No one so far seems to be able to,resolve my issue where mine and son's PAPs are reversed in MDE. I am really worried because son won't be on next trip and I don't want a huge hassle.

The # I have been using is (407)939-7765 prompt #2 for IT. Good luck! I have spent over 2 hours on these calls already and still have a ticket issue (not a linking issue but a lost day that doesn't correspond to what GR just gave me 3 weeks ago when they changed my paper ticket over to RFID) - so I now have to go through ticketing and then probably back to GR once I'm there again. I'm pretty over it at this point.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #3507
FigNewton
DIS Veteran

I hope this hasn't been addressed, because I''ll feel foolish but I have a question about registering your APs.

The Terms and Conditions page isn't terribly clear on what it means to convert to paperless.

By registering our APs on the MDE site are we in effect converting to a paperless ticket? If FP- is still available for a time after FP+ launches I don't want to be locked out of FP- because I thought it would be neat to try and test magic bands.

I'm guessing the answer here is "We don't know yet" but I have to ask...
Old 09-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #3508
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigNewton View Post
I hope this hasn't been addressed, because I''ll feel foolish but I have a question about registering your APs.

The Terms and Conditions page isn't terribly clear on what it means to convert to paperless.

By registering our APs on the MDE site are we in effect converting to a paperless ticket? If FP- is still available for a time after FP+ launches I don't want to be locked out of FP- because I thought it would be neat to try and test magic bands.

I'm guessing the answer here is "We don't know yet" but I have to ask...
The Terms and Conditions predate implementation and testing, so there are things that don't quite match up yet.

By registering your APs, currently what you are doing is associating it with your MDX profile, which enables their use with MagicBands. The APs themselves are still usable, and in fact you need to hold on to them to show for discounts as they have not encoded discounts into the system (and I wonder if they ever will...)

"Paperless" is a bit of a misnomer. There won't be any more "paper" tickets anyways - they will all be RFID cards or "virtual" in your profile for your MagicBands/KTTW cards.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #3509
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

As I mentioned earlier, these were early concept versions and don't actually look quite like the real things...notice, no yellow, and no grey trim...
I like the original concept versions better!! I like the shade of each color, love purple, and they're less 'clunky' without the grey trim (which I know was probably added so there would be the adjustability for kids.)
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #3510
CuteAndFluffy
DIS Veteran

Location: Second Cornfield to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Forgive me if this has been asked...

My package tickets are showing up on the web version of DME, but not anywhere I can find on the app...am I missing them or is it indicative of some sort of issue?

Also--our childcare reservation shows up NO WHERE. Is that normal or another issue to deal with?

I would just like to head off any problems before we even get on property...

--A
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: