Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #2746
g-dad66
DIS Veteran
 
g-dad66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 4,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
I believe delmar411 reported that you could no longer do this.
Hmmm...maybe.

But I thought you could re-schedule a FP+ if the time of your first FP+ is reached and if that time doesn't work for you. I thought you could switch to a later time in the day. You would still then hold only the finite number of three FP+s.

People have reported doing this, haven't they?

But are you not able to change the skipped attraction to a different one?

Delmar, can you clarify?
__________________


Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #2747
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
Hmmm...maybe.

But I thought you could re-schedule a FP+ if the time of your first FP+ is reached and if that time doesn't work for you. I thought you could switch to a later time in the day. You would still then hold only the finite number of three FP+s.

People have reported doing this, haven't they?

But are you not able to change the skipped attraction to a different one?

Delmar, can you clarify?
I believe that yes, that is correct...but you cannot change it to an attraction you already have an FP+ for still or used one for.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #2748
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post

Hmmm...maybe.

But I thought you could re-schedule a FP+ if the time of your first FP+ is reached and if that time doesn't work for you. I thought you could switch to a later time in the day. You would still then hold only the finite number of three FP+s.

People have reported doing this, haven't they?

But are you not able to change the skipped attraction to a different one?

Delmar, can you clarify?
I'm not sure what the original question was but if you miss you FP+ time you can change it to a later time or move to another attraction. They have recently fixed the error loop that I came across when doing this and there were no other times for my selected attraction but it also wouldn't allow me to select another attraction because the time period had passed so of course there were no other attractions available. It was an endless loop of errors and really aggravating.

But if you were asking about using up say a Space Mountain FP+ And then being able to swap another FP+ for another go at SM, then that is a no. It doesn't even show up on the list of attractions to pick from. Now I haven't tried to change it using all formats, just the mobile app and my iPad so I have no idea if there is anything different using the kiosks but it is doubtful that this would work. I'll write myself a note to try this tomorrow at MK. LOL

I haven't read anyone reporting that they could do that either. Plus a lot that I've read, like being able to change your FP times to immediate entry after using the first FP, so moving the 2nd FP time up, do not work. Now either it was never supposed to work like that and IT focused on fixing it after it was reported or they were not giving accurate reports of how they tested. I don't know which.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #2749
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hamilton Ohio
Posts: 484

kathies

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/...ions-answered/ This tell alot about magic bands.

Last edited by KathieSmallwood; 09-08-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: left out info
KathieSmallwood is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #2750
TeresaMRoberts
I'm Going to Disney World!
 
TeresaMRoberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florence, KY
Posts: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post

I've already bought a portable charger. Last year my iPhone died by 3 pm, and we hardly used it. Location services must have just drained it. After I turned it off and restricted my use, it would last the whole day but I anticipate with bands, ( IF I have them.....) will want to keep everything on and running on the app.
We live like 30-45 minutes from Kings Island and go there often (our pathetic attempt to give us a park fix between Disney visits) because we live there we don't do park open to close like we do in disney. We go for 3-5 hours at time and my phone is on the red before I make it to the car charger. For our trip in January I plan on getting the iPhone case that is actually a battery. So first u use your phone battery up then turn on the case. Just thought I pass it along as an idea. Or maybe find out if anyone else has tried this? Especially since I want to use the app while in the park and I only have iPhone or a laptop. No pads or tablets
TeresaMRoberts is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #2751
sokerfrog
Mouseketeer
 
sokerfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 162

I'm confused...

I have an AP and will be getting Magic Bands for our October trip. I spoke with a cast member about liking the AP to the band, however in order to get the merchandise discount, you still have to show the actual pass and a photo ID. This doesn't make sense to me. The ultimate purpose of the bands is for Disney to make more money because it is all to convenient to spend when you don't have to dig for cards or cash...why wouldn't the AP discount information be on the band?
__________________
sokerfrog is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #2752
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokerfrog View Post
I'm confused...

I have an AP and will be getting Magic Bands for our October trip. I spoke with a cast member about liking the AP to the band, however in order to get the merchandise discount, you still have to show the actual pass and a photo ID. This doesn't make sense to me. The ultimate purpose of the bands is for Disney to make more money because it is all to convenient to spend when you don't have to dig for cards or cash...why wouldn't the AP discount information be on the band?
It's a question we've all been asking. But the system does not automatically apply discounts.

The conspiracy theory version is that Disney wants you to forget to ask for the discount...
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #2753
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokerfrog View Post
I'm confused...

I have an AP and will be getting Magic Bands for our October trip. I spoke with a cast member about liking the AP to the band, however in order to get the merchandise discount, you still have to show the actual pass and a photo ID. This doesn't make sense to me. The ultimate purpose of the bands is for Disney to make more money because it is all to convenient to spend when you don't have to dig for cards or cash...why wouldn't the AP discount information be on the band?
Because they're not ready for that capability yet.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #2754
TeresaMRoberts
I'm Going to Disney World!
 
TeresaMRoberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florence, KY
Posts: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokerfrog View Post
I'm confused...

I have an AP and will be getting Magic Bands for our October trip. I spoke with a cast member about liking the AP to the band, however in order to get the merchandise discount, you still have to show the actual pass and a photo ID. This doesn't make sense to me. The ultimate purpose of the bands is for Disney to make more money because it is all to convenient to spend when you don't have to dig for cards or cash...why wouldn't the AP discount information be on the band?
It's still in testing phases maybe eventually it will just not right now. I've heard it's same for parking right now, you still have to show your pass to get free parking but eventually it will be on the band. In not 100% sure just what I read.
TeresaMRoberts is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #2755
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,028

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaMRoberts View Post

We live like 30-45 minutes from Kings Island and go there often (our pathetic attempt to give us a park fix between Disney visits) because we live there we don't do park open to close like we do in disney. We go for 3-5 hours at time and my phone is on the red before I make it to the car charger. For our trip in January I plan on getting the iPhone case that is actually a battery. So first u use your phone battery up then turn on the case. Just thought I pass it along as an idea. Or maybe find out if anyone else has tried this? Especially since I want to use the app while in the park and I only have iPhone or a laptop. No pads or tablets
I just bought the mophie juice pack case charger from eBay for my disney trip in nov. battery last 10 hours then u have uour phone bsttery. its awesome.. Got it for 29.99 on eBay it's a hundred at best buy
__________________
sunset7132 is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #2756
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran
 
patrickpiteo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Middle Village, NY USA
Posts: 1,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

I just bought the mophie juice pack case charger from eBay for my disney trip in nov. battery last 10 hours then u have uour phone bsttery. its awesome.. Got it for 29.99 on eBay it's a hundred at best buy
Was it used?
__________________
patrickpiteo is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #2757
starwarsmomma81
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 38

Fastpass+

Is it worth getting a Fastpass+ for Mickey at Town Center Square? Is he there all day? Are the lines generally long?
starwarsmomma81 is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #2758
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsmomma81 View Post
Is it worth getting a Fastpass+ for Mickey at Town Center Square? Is he there all day? Are the lines generally long?
Not in my opinion. He's there all day, and waits are generally short. See the link in my signature for my suggested priorities.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #2759
redman96
Just Keep Swimming
 
redman96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Good article. Thanks for sharing.
redman96 is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #2760
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Not in my opinion. He's there all day, and waits are generally short. See the link in my signature for my suggested priorities.
Agreed.

Through some Disney magic, the line moves very fast for a meet and greet. It was a 5 minute wait compared to 30 for the princesses a few weeks ago.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: