Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #196
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsarahsaid View Post
Yup to all! I chose pink with my name on it (DH chose gray) and they're supposed to ship to our house! I'll post photos when they arrive! ;-)
Any updates?

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #197
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill

I'm not so sure that it means there is an impending launch. It just means they turned on that part of the site/app. It's been there at least a couple weeks on the web site. Some people have tried registering their passes, and had trouble. My APs were fine. But one person reported that registering them might actually deactivate the physical media according to MDE support, although if that was the case I'd expect them to have turned it completely off again.

The limited "guest field test" starts Thursday, and lasts a week. What happens after that is a mystery.
Yes I just linked mine and it clearly stated that in doing this your physical ticket was no longer valid for entry.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #198
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieinJuneau View Post
Yes I just linked mine and it clearly stated that in doing this your physical ticket was no longer valid for entry.
That's not good...

I definitely didn't get that when I did my APs, but that was also before I heard about this.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #199
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

Well I had 9 day hoppers, sorry I didn't specify. I would think Ap's would be different
Old 06-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #200
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, what does that mean exactly? I'd be too curious and I'd have to call CRO to find out exactly what this means (if anything at this point).
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #201
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
So, what does that mean exactly? I'd be too curious and I'd have to call CRO to find out exactly what this means (if anything at this point).
Not sure what it means exactly, but it seems to imply that your admission entitlements are now associated with your MagicBand also attached to your profile...except you don't have one.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #202
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Not sure what it means exactly, but it seems to imply that your admission entitlements are now associated with your MagicBand also attached to your profile...except you don't have one.
Yes, that's why I would call and ask, "if my ticket it no longer valid, how am I supposed to get into the parks," to see if they give an answer or say its another glitch in the app.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #203
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill

That's what I assumed, or if the bands aren't ready it will all be on the key to the world card. It doesn't seem much different from having a package.

We want magic bands, that's why I signed us up. If you are one of the people who wants to use the old fast pads system for as long as possible I wouldn't link your non-ap tickets. I think my DH and myself are now locked into the new system what ever Disney does with it.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #204
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
That's what I assumed, or if the bands aren't ready it will all be on the key to the world card. It doesn't seem much different from having a package.

We want magic bands, that's why I signed us up. If you are one of the people who wants to use the old fast pads system for as long as possible I wouldn't link your non-ap tickets. I think my DH and myself are now locked into the new system what ever Disney does with it.
Your tickets in general would only be on your KTTW card if you purchased them in a package. I wouldn't assume that by registering your tickets, they will automatically end up on your KTTW cards when you check in. Especially if they haven't actually rolled this out. They may not even be linked into MDE yet.

My recommendation at this point is whether you want MagicBands or not, or Fastpass+ or not, DO NOT REGISTER YOUR TICKETS AT THIS TIME. There is no need to until there is something you can actually do with them.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #205
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

Your tickets in general would only be on your KTTW card if you purchased them in a package. I wouldn't assume that by registering your tickets, they will automatically end up on your KTTW cards when you check in. Especially if they haven't actually rolled this out. They may not even be linked into MDE yet.

My recommendation at this point is whether you want MagicBands or not, or Fastpass+ or not, DO NOT REGISTER YOUR TICKETS AT THIS TIME. There is no need to until there is something you can actually do with them.
I am not worried that Disney is going to make my tickets disapear, I have proof I have paid and think they would set anything straight. But your right it's not something anyone has to do but if some of us take the plunge we can keep you all informed It has already showed up in my MED app and I plan to keep a close eye on it. My hd and I our taking our honeymoon in Oct our room is on DVC points, that's why we didn't have a package.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #206
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Has anyone report seeing the new FP+ kiosk? We were in MK on Saturday, June 15 and saw one sitting in the middle of the paper FP kiosks at Splash. It appeared to be for park goers to scan their bands and get a FP or to check their FP?? There was not one at BTMR. My DH took a pic but really not sure the best way to post it here.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #207
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rose View Post
?...

All eyes are on you! lol! No pressure.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #208
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
Has anyone report seeing the new FP+ kiosk? We were in MK on Saturday, June 15 and saw one sitting in the middle of the paper FP kiosks at Splash. It appeared to be for park goers to scan their bands and get a FP or to check their FP?? There was not one at BTMR. My DH took a pic but really not sure the best way to post it here.
This one is at the Star Tours FP machines.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #209
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
This one is at the Star Tours FP machines.

This is great news! Thank you so much for sharing this!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #210
whatsarahsaid
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone...SO excited! We leave for our trip on Friday and we just got our MagicBands yesterday afternoon! Here they are...sorry the photos are so big!

I also have read somewhere here on Disboards (forget where) and confirmed with a CM during an online chat that we will also be issued a regular card that will allow us to access the regular FastPass system. So excited...best of both worlds with FastPass and FastPass+!!!

wdw - akl may 2006 // wdw - off site june 2007 //disneyland july 2012 // wdw - akl june 2013 // disneyland paris august 2013 // wdw - wilderness lodge september 2014

**OFFICIAL JUNE 2013 WDW MAGICBAND TESTER**
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: