Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #2011
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdid23 View Post
Peter Pan is down during the time we are going So sad!
Yep, Down during our time. Was really bummed about that as we like that one a lot. But I'll be happy if the Railroad does come back up Oct 20th and not November like some are reporting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
Your right, I think everything should be good by only using the website. Just wondering how the app will function with things such as changing FP times. Do your FP+ reservations show up in your app, or because it doesn't have the tickets in the app, it wont show or allow you to change FP+ times.
I'd wondered about that too before everything became active for me. I was worried as none of my tickets ever showed on the app. But it doesn't effect anything. My tickets show only on MDE website and the app works fine. I can see and change FP+ times on the app etc. The app works just like it should for FP+ even without the tickets showing. I think it's like others are saying, it's really whats in your main account that matters, not really what the glitchy app shows. So just make sure your MDE main website is showing your account correctly and you will be good.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #2012
sunfun94
Is it Football season yet?

Our MDE app never showed our tickets either but now that we customized our bands they are showing instead of...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #2013
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

For those booking FP+ 60 days out, what time does it show up? Midnight? 6?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #2014
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
For those booking FP+ 60 days out, what time does it show up? Midnight? 6?
Also a question about that 60 days out : when it comes up, all your dates are available or it will be one day at a time?

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #2015
cruella4me64
Mouseketeer

bewildered as to what to do

Been searching for a post like Magic Bands/FP+ For Dummies, but there's just so many posts and threads to go through. Can someone clue me in?

Family of 5 (all adults now) going in Dec. 4 of us registered in BWV studio which was going to be very cramped. Luckily 5th member can join us (!) so I got another room but at the Swan to accommodate everyone and spread out.

Not everyone is staying the entire 8 days. We have tickets from UT. 2 of us have 8 day PH, 1 a 5 day PH, and 2 have 3 day PH. If I register all 5 tickets with My Experience link, is there a chance I will only be able to pick FP+ for the first 3 days? I'm leery of the system realizing I'm there for 8 days.

Is there any benefit to my not registering our UT tickets? I have read about registering for FP later in the day of each PH day, which seems good.

What about our MVMCP night?

I used to be so comfortable with our Disney trips but now I'm not! Never dreamed there would be a day when I don't understand my Beloved WDW!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #2016
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruella4me64 View Post
Been searching for a post like Magic Bands/FP+ For Dummies, but there's just so many posts and threads to go through. Can someone clue me in?

The first post of this thread has a great summary.

Also on the first post is a link to dis-er bcrook's thread "FP + What we know and what we want to know"

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #2017
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Ok so I just called the Magic Bands Help Desk...

MNSSHP tickets she said don't link and you will still need the hard ticket for entry...

Photopass currently won't link but to keep checking that is the direction they are going in

Need Help?
If you have further questions, please call 407-939-7849 between the hours of 7:00 am EST and 11:00 pm EST.

Here is the number I called.

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #2018
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

Fastpass+ No Fantasmic! or parades late Oct - mid Nov ?

I've looked through all the above dates and no option to select any parades or Fantasmic! appear at all. Why would that be? Has anyone else had the option for those dates?
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Last edited by Fantasmiss; 08-28-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #2019
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

for anyone who has linked your MDE to other friends/family accounts, was it a pain to schedule everything?
we are going 11/23 - 12/6 and will be meeting up with different friends through out our trip, all are staying on property.
want to get this figured out before we start, there are 9 families in total that will be at WDW during our trip.

also the poster who was going to try and link their Premium AP, did it work? I still have to link ours!

thanks for the help

Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #2020
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

just called IT dept and found out how to get our Premier AP linked up, they have to send the notice to another dept they will then send me an email in 24 to 48 hours with directions on how to add our AP since is has 20 digits instead of the normal 12. will report back when I have it completed!

got one set of friends linked up to our MDE so far

Old 08-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #2021
Candl
Earning My Ears

I have lurked on and off for a while and thought I would take the time today for my first post. My wife and I are both interested in both the bands and FP+. I will admit, the more I read about them, the more confused I get.

At first, I was all in favor of trying something new. I can only imagine how many add-ons my kids will want to attach. However, I am not so confident based on how "AWESOME" the MDE performs on my Android phone. I can only imagine how much "FUN" I will have trying to adjust FP+ times when the app force closes on me every time I try to glance at anything but the opening screen.

We are taking our 2 kids & my parents in October to BLT. I am conflicted as to whether I want access to FP+ for this trip or not. Part of me welcomes the challenge. The other part remembers that my Dad has not been to WDW since Epcot opened. We are planning our next trip with a total group of 10 for Sept 2014, and would like to have had a dry run in before then. I just wish this trip was not that dry run.

I know that when it comes down to it, if Disney says I can use the bands, I will. Call me a sucker for new toys. I appreciate all the posts on the topic. I may still be confused, conflicted & confounded. But, at least I am informed, maybe even educated!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #2022
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
just called IT dept and found out how to get our Premier AP linked up, they have to send the notice to another dept they will then send me an email in 24 to 48 hours with directions on how to add our AP since is has 20 digits instead of the normal 12. will report back when I have it completed!

got one set of friends linked up to our MDE so far
The IT dept added our premier passes. I gave them the numbers, and they did it for me. It took about 48 hours.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #2023
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Has this question been answered?

Supposedly you are only allowed to use one FP+ on a given attraction each day, right?

Has anyone tried something like the following example? At Epcot, you have a Soarin FP+ from 9-10am, Test Track from 10-11am, and Mission Space from 11am-noon.

After you've had a ride on soarin and used that FP+, has anyone verified that you can't then switch one of the later FP+'s like the 11-noon Mission Space for another Soarin FP+?

I highly doubt this is possible, but it's worth a try?

Dan
Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #2024
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive View Post
Supposedly you are only allowed to use one FP+ on a given attraction each day, right?

Has anyone tried something like the following example? At Epcot, you have a Soarin FP+ from 9-10am, Test Track from 10-11am, and Mission Space from 11am-noon.

After you've had a ride on soarin and used that FP+, has anyone verified that you can't then switch one of the later FP+'s like the 11-noon Mission Space for another Soarin FP+?

I highly doubt this is possible, but it's worth a try?

Dan
No, you cannot. They don't disappear and get forgotten. Once you've picked that ride and used it, that's it for the day. Yes I've verified.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #2025
On A Jolly Holiday
Earning My Ears

I'm very glad I keep checking what's available for my FP+ choices because they change. I did not have Fantasmic available as a choice for several weeks, but was able to choose it recently for our upcoming trip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: