Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #1951
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran
 
prettypatchesmsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
If you park hop, I'd suggest the following:

1) Find out which parks are recommended on which day during your stay.
2) Try to arrive at a recommended park in the early part of the day
3) Spend the evening in a "non" recommended park (which are usually open later and/or have EMH), where you'll have reserved your 3 (or 4) FP+ for your 3 or 4 favorite attractions. Try to schedule them from 4-7 PM or so. This will give you the opportunity to ride your 3 FP+ and then still have the rest of the night to enjoy the park.


If you don't plan to park hop, do the same as above, except reserve your FP+ for afternoon or evening at the same park (when the lines are the longest).

Chances are good that FP will still be available in November, meaning you'll have access to both FP+ and FP as well. If that's the case (if FP is still offered), you don't even need to worry about FP+ if you don't want to. You could just schedule 3 FP+ and if you can't make it to use them, it's not a big deal.

Remember that FP+ can be changed, so scheduling them doesn't set them in stone. There may come a point where the most popular attractions run out of FP+ slots, so you may not be able to move your time slot for such attractions, but that remains to be seen.

FP+ can actually be an advantage if you park hop. Spending the morning at a recommended (less crowded) park, you'll be able to get a lot done. Then spending the evening at a park that's open later (or has EMH), where you can then enjoy the park along with your FP+, you'll get the most out of your day.
This is exactly what I did getting ready and waiting for my MB FP+ participation and selection to become active. I had already printed out a crowd calendar and started picking what park we would probably do each day (morning, afternoon, evening) that way when FP+ came up for me, I'd be ready. I figured out which park would be most beneficial FP+ wise.

Like on a recommended MK day, if I was going to rope drop there was no reason to use my FP+ there at the MK because I was going to park hop over to Hollywood Studios later that evening. HS would have longer waits in the afternoon, evening etc. You can do alot in the first few hours of MK opening without much wait time, so it'd be a waste. Plus I could just pull a couple paper FP- tickets. So for that day, I scheduled 3 FP+ at Hollywood Studies (Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, and if I'm brave Rock n Roll Rollercoaster)

And if I was spending all day at a park, like our last day we always only do MK all day...so I scheduled my favorites as our FP+ attractions.

Trust me, a little preplanning made trying to pick out the FP+ park and attractions much easier!
__________________

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #1952
Simba77
DIS Veteran
 
Simba77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D. View Post
We're planning an April trip. Is everyone assuming FP+ will be up and fully operational by then? We'd been planning to go somewhere else so I hadn't been keeping up on all the FP+ threads. Now that we're going back to WDW, I think I need to brush up on all this.
It will likely be in full swing by then. There's also a chance (probably a good chance) that regular FP will be gone at that time, too.

There's really not as much to FP+ as there might seem. The best recommendation I would give is to book your FP+ as soon as possible once your trip is confirmed. As of now, it seems like 60 days in advance is when you'll be able to reserve. You'll get 3 (sometimes 4) FP+ experiences per park per day.

So even if you aren't sure what parks you want to visit on what days, book your FP+ as soon as possible. I still suggest trying to snatch the late afternoon and early evening FP+ slots, picking the attractions or experiences you're most interested in (as I described a few posts above).
__________________
Simba77 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #1953
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere
 
Anjelica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Shiloh, Illinois - Right outside of St. Louis
Posts: 3,199

I have a unique situation for our upcoming October trip. We are staying a few days at AKL - JAMBO house (DVC Points) prior to our cruise and then staying an additional night at AKL - Kidani (DVC Points) after our cruise.

AKL - Jambo is within the current testing and therefore I was able to select customize Magic Bands and select Fastpass+. For the Kidani part of our stay I was NOT able to customize/grab Magic Bands BUT I was able to still book Fastpass+ rides.

I guess I am confused as to what the Fastpass+ are actually tied to - is it the actual tickets (we have AP vouchers I was able to link) or the magic bands? Basically, am I going to be able to use Fastpass+ for our AKL - Kidani trip and if so what do you I use to scan in for our fastpass time?

As a side note there was something screwy going on with my reservation for the first part of our trip. I actually have two rooms where my immediate family is split amongst the two rooms. For some reason though, when I click on View Reservation Details for the room I booked for my daughter, my friends and I it shows my son and husband as our "Travel Party". So when I click to customize the Magic Bands it shows for BOTH rooms my husband and sons image even though when I look at the DVC website the correct names are in the correct rooms.
Anjelica is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #1954
Simba77
DIS Veteran
 
Simba77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
This is exactly what I did getting ready and waiting for my MB FP+ participation and selection to become active. I had already printed out a crowd calendar and started picking what park we would probably do each day (morning, afternoon, evening) that way when FP+ came up for me, I'd be ready. I figured out which park would be most beneficial FP+ wise.

Like on a recommended MK day, if I was going to rope drop there was no reason to use my FP+ there at the MK because I was going to park hop over to Hollywood Studios later that evening. HS would have longer waits in the afternoon, evening etc. You can do alot in the first few hours of MK opening without much wait time, so it'd be a waste. Plus I could just pull a couple paper FP- tickets. So for that day, I scheduled 3 FP+ at Hollywood Studies (Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, and if I'm brave Rock n Roll Rollercoaster)

And if I was spending all day at a park, like our last day we always only do MK all day...so I scheduled my favorites as our FP+ attractions.

Trust me, a little preplanning made trying to pick out the FP+ park and attractions much easier!
Yes I love it. I'm really looking forward to taking our afternoon break, then just strolling into our evening park to use our FP+ reservations.

Rope drop @ a recommended park, hit the e-tix, hit the secondary attractions (HM, PotC, etc), lunch, afternoon break, evening FP+, enjoying the atmosphere, and whatever else we decide to squeeze in.

That's not even taking into account potential FP usage as we go. I don't see us using it very much, unless FP are still available at our evening park when we use our FP+ (Like Rock'n'Roller or Splash at around 5PM, for example, with a return time of 8 or so).

I'm fully prepared to get the most out of FP+ after FP goes away (I think it will save a lot of walking), but these few months of double dipping are the glory days, my friends. Take advantage
__________________
Simba77 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #1955
Simba77
DIS Veteran
 
Simba77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post

I guess I am confused as to what the Fastpass+ are actually tied to - is it the actual tickets (we have AP vouchers I was able to link) or the magic bands? Basically, am I going to be able to use Fastpass+ for our AKL - Kidani trip and if so what do you I use to scan in for our fastpass time?
FP+ is tied to your MDE account. As long as your Magicband and your FP+ reservations are tied to your MDE account, you'll be able to redeem those FP+ even though you're at a different resort (or even if you're no longer at any resort at all).

To redeem, you'll use the Magicband at the FP+ return. And theoretically, you'll never need your AP vouchers or card tickets - your Magicbands will likely continue to work as park entry and FP+ redemption, regardless of where you stay.

The more I read on Magicbands, the more I'm starting to believe that once you're flagged as a Magicband user (by booking any length of stay at a test resort) and you've customized your Magicbands, you're granted "permanent" access to MyMagic+ (including FP+). You won't lose your Magicband or its features once you have it. This would make sense with what some have said - that this latest round of testing isn't really testing so much as a slow roll-out.
__________________

Last edited by Simba77; 08-27-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Simba77 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #1956
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajaput View Post
Yep. Go to your account on MDE (I used the full site, not the phone app). On the right side, choose "Link Existing Reservations or Tickets". Then, choose "Ticket or Pass". Then, choose "Will Call Order" and it will walk you thru step by step from there with pictures of your eTicket for guidance on where the number is that you need to enter. =0)
Thank you! Thank you! I will let you know how it turns out!
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #1957
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere
 
Anjelica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Shiloh, Illinois - Right outside of St. Louis
Posts: 3,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
FP+ is tied to your MDE account. As long as your Magicband and your FP+ reservations are tied to your MDE account, you'll be able to redeem those FP+ even though you're at a different resort (or even if you're no longer at any resort at all).

To redeem, you'll use the Magicband at the FP+ return. And theoretically, you'll never need your AP vouchers or card tickets - your Magicbands will likely continue to work as park entry and FP+ redemption, regardless of where you stay.

The more I read on Magicbands, the more I'm starting to believe that once you're flagged as a Magicband user (by booking any length of stay at a test resort) and you've customized your Magicbands, you're granted "permanent" access to MyMagic+ (including FP+). You won't lose your Magicband or its features once you have it. This would make sense with what some have said - that this latest round of testing isn't really testing so much as a slow roll-out.
So the magic bands that I get for the first part of the stay "should" still be viable to use on the second portion of our stay?
Anjelica is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #1958
opal
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ocala FL, formerly of WNY
Posts: 488

We are seasonal annual passholders and we participated in MagicBand/Fastpass+ while staying at Pop last week. We have another trip at the end of September planned for F&W. We are staying a the Dolphin which we did not book through the WDW website. I tried last week to see if I could book Fastpass+ and got the message that Fastpass+ was not available for my dates. I tried again today and was able to book FastPasses for both of our days there. So, it is starting to look like a slow roll out of the program. My dates are for after my pass expires and I have not renewed yet (but I will and it still allowed me to book Fastpasses. (I guess Disney knows they have me hooked!)

I did the survey on the Magicbands today. The asked a lot of questions but did not really give the opportunity to give an opinion. However, they did ask if we visited more than one park a day and if we felt 3 fastpasses per day were enough.

While 3 is probably enough for us in all the parks except for MK, if we are limited to just one park. However I would love to see them allow fastpass+ in more than one park a day and increase the number to reflect that.
opal is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #1959
jkgpa
Earning My Ears
 
jkgpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6

MyMagic+/Photo Pass questions

Have they rolled out the Photo Pass plus part of MyMagic+ yet? Anyone know how that works/is going to work?
__________________
Jason 33 Katie 31 Grace 7 Paige 5 & baby Avery

Staying at a Monorail Resort for the first time in September 2013!

jkgpa is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #1960
wn01aa
DIS Veteran
 
wn01aa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
It did for me. I have 6 day passes and party tix and I picked 7 days of passes
On the party day, did you select 6 FP+ (3 from regular tickets, 3 from party) or does it still limit you to only 3 per day and that would mean you have to use those extra 3 on a different day.
wn01aa is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #1961
jana616
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,163

I'm sure somewhere in the past 131 pages, a question similar to this has been asked, but I'm going to be "that" girl, and ask again...

We are going 10/17-10/23, staying off-site. We purchased our tickets through Orbitz, and have a voucher to go and pick up tickets at a kiosk (thinking of trying to get them at DTD the afternoon before our first park day). So...will we get magic bands or a card? Will we get access to FP+ AND FP, or just one or the other (and which one)? I am nervous because we won't have tickets ahead of time to reserve anything, and I'm totally confused about what will be there and available to us. I know how to tour with paper FPs, totally clueless about how to use FP+ (but it sounds like there are some nice advantages, so I don't mind learning if it will be available to us).
__________________
2009 trip report-"Stop drinking out of that puddle"-our first family trip with 2 and 4 year olds!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285467


2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #1962
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
I'm sure somewhere in the past 131 pages, a question similar to this has been asked, but I'm going to be "that" girl, and ask again...

We are going 10/17-10/23, staying off-site. We purchased our tickets through Orbitz, and have a voucher to go and pick up tickets at a kiosk (thinking of trying to get them at DTD the afternoon before our first park day). So...will we get magic bands or a card? Will we get access to FP+ AND FP, or just one or the other (and which one)? I am nervous because we won't have tickets ahead of time to reserve anything, and I'm totally confused about what will be there and available to us. I know how to tour with paper FPs, totally clueless about how to use FP+ (but it sounds like there are some nice advantages, so I don't mind learning if it will be available to us).
MagicBands and FP+ is for onsite guests only at this point in time.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #1963
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajaput View Post
Yep. Go to your account on MDE (I used the full site, not the phone app). On the right side, choose "Link Existing Reservations or Tickets". Then, choose "Ticket or Pass". Then, choose "Will Call Order" and it will walk you thru step by step from there with pictures of your eTicket for guidance on where the number is that you need to enter. =0)
Darn it! Here is the message I get:


Error: Tickets are already printed out or may have been shipped out. You may have to convert individual tickets to electronic entitlement.

I have printed them out, anyone know how to convert to electronic entitlement??? Or, should I just call Disney Or, is this impossible and I should stop wasting my time?
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #1964
Simba77
DIS Veteran
 
Simba77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
I'm sure somewhere in the past 131 pages, a question similar to this has been asked, but I'm going to be "that" girl, and ask again...

We are going 10/17-10/23, staying off-site. We purchased our tickets through Orbitz, and have a voucher to go and pick up tickets at a kiosk (thinking of trying to get them at DTD the afternoon before our first park day). So...will we get magic bands or a card? Will we get access to FP+ AND FP, or just one or the other (and which one)? I am nervous because we won't have tickets ahead of time to reserve anything, and I'm totally confused about what will be there and available to us. I know how to tour with paper FPs, totally clueless about how to use FP+ (but it sounds like there are some nice advantages, so I don't mind learning if it will be available to us).
You can exchange your voucher for a card ticket at any ticket booth. You'll have access to regular FP. No Magicbands or FP+ yet.
__________________
Simba77 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #1965
suetoo
Mouseketeer
 
suetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

Methinks FP+ for 4-7pm on party days will be hard to get.
It wasn't easy. ESP with BOG at 4:15. I was only trying to get Space Mt before the party but others came up for earlier and the 4-5 time frame. I just wanted one for my DS who is not thrilled about the BOG menu. I found the lines during the party last year pretty short so I am
Not worried about anything else but as for being hard to get... I just chose option 4(later times) and then used the edit feature. Not really hard at all
__________________
1999~ASM, 2005,2007,2008,2010~SSR,, March 2011~POFQ June 2011 Cruise Day
March 2012~POFQ, Oct. 2012~AKV Oct.2013~BC
Food & Wine Festival is my Happy Place
suetoo is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: