Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #1936
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
For those with either the Halloween or Christmas Party tickets and linked them to MDE, did it give you another 3 fastpasses? So if you has a 5 day magic your way ticket (so 15 FP+) did the Halloween/Christmas ticket give you 3 more (18 total) and those 3 extras could be used right before the party?
It did for me. I have 6 day passes and party tix and I picked 7 days of passes
Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #1937
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
It did for me. I have 6 day passes and party tix and I picked 7 days of passes
Methinks FP+ for 4-7pm on party days will be hard to get.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #1938
eaf2063
Earning My Ears

I posted this yesterday and did not get a response. so i am hoping for better luck today...
Question about customizing the magic bands:
There are 5 of us in our party. I was able to customize for three of us.I wants able to customize bands for the youngest 2... Next to their names it says ... There was a problem retrieving details about this guest. When i click on the customize tab for their bands it says... Sorry their was a problem completing your request. Try again later....
Should i wait a while and try again or should i call someone? Who do i call? Is it because they are 9 & 4? The other 3 of us are adults... Will they be getting a band at all.... i know if my daughter is wearing a band and doesnt get pink one she will probably freak out when she sees others with a pink band...
any advice would help..
Thanks
Old 08-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #1939
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
I posted this yesterday and did not get a response. so i am hoping for better luck today...
There are 5 of us in our party. I was able to customize for three of us.I wants able to customize bands for the youngest 2... Next to their names it says ... There was a problem retrieving details about this guest. When i click on the customize tab for their bands it says... Sorry their was a problem completing your request. Try again later....
Should i wait a while and try again or should i call someone? Who do i call? Is it because they are 9 & 4? The other 3 of us are adults... Will they be getting a band at all.... i know if my daughter is wearing a band and doesnt get pink one she will probably freak out when she sees others with a pink band...
any advice would help..
Thanks
Call tech support
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/
Technical Support Desk
(407) 939-7765

It is likely an issue with their ages, but you should still be able to customize their bands and they will still get them, although if you can't customize them in time they'll be gray.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #1940
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
any advice would help..
Thanks
Call Disney. It was too late for me, but it might be because they are not showing up on the reservation. My youngest was showing up on our Disney Travel Company confirmation and even on MDE for MB's, but somehow he was not showing up on MDE reservations on their end. I thought it was because of his age, almost 2, but after reading on here that others were able to customize bands for their child under 3, I called Disney and was told everyone should receive band. When I called Disney and was prompted to what call was regarding, I just said "MagicBands" and it directed me to a very helpful CM. Good luck!!!

Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #1941
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I linked my MNSSHP tickets and it didn't give me more fastpasses for that day, only the days we have tickets for through our package.

ETA: went back and modified check in and then it let me choose more FPs.....although still no parades or events

Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #1942
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

So confused about trying FP+ or not...

I don't want to lose the opportunity to do regular FP but then, if FP+ goes live in November (during our trip), I'd be happy to be ready for it...

Not sure what to do. We're not into planning a lot, we usually just go with the flow : we wake up and decide which park we visit. How easy will FP+ work for us?

Any advice?

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #1943
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

i have MNSSHP linked also but the problem with this is that i will be arriving the same day as the party which is sept 13 and if i do fastpass+ for that day i will be in a rush so i might not just do the testing that day or can i miss the two first attraction and arrive for the last two ?
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Old 08-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #1944
cajaput
Loving all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebsirois View Post

I don't want to lose the opportunity to do regular FP but then, if FP+ goes live in November (during our trip), I'd be happy to be ready for it...

Not sure what to do. We're not into planning a lot, we usually just go with the flow : we wake up and decide which park we visit. How easy will FP+ work for us?

Any advice?

If you are a part of the testing, you get to do both! Even though you will have a MagicBand and FastPass+, you will still have the normal card as well. The FastPass+ and the original FastPass systems are totally separate. So, technically.........you can do both. I believe people are referring to this as "double dipping" LOL

Old 08-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #1945
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Has anybody been able to link there MNSSHP tickets that they printed out at home to their MDE? Help please if you have and thank you!

Old 08-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #1946
cajaput

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
i have MNSSHP linked also but the problem with this is that i will be arriving the same day as the party which is sept 13 and if i do fastpass+ for that day i will be in a rush so i might not just do the testing that day or can i miss the two first attraction and arrive for the last two ?
Either one would work. Just because you can book 3 FastPasses, doesn't mean you HAVE TO. You can just not book any that day. Or, do like you said and book 3, but only show up for the last one. Nothing will count against you, so if your first 2 fastpasses go unused.........it would be totally ok. No worries.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #1947
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebsirois View Post

Any advice?
If you park hop, I'd suggest the following:

1) Find out which parks are recommended on which day during your stay.
2) Try to arrive at a recommended park in the early part of the day
3) Spend the evening in a "non" recommended park (which are usually open later and/or have EMH), where you'll have reserved your 3 (or 4) FP+ for your 3 or 4 favorite attractions. Try to schedule them from 4-7 PM or so. This will give you the opportunity to ride your 3 FP+ and then still have the rest of the night to enjoy the park.

If you don't plan to park hop, do the same as above, except reserve your FP+ for afternoon or evening at the same park (when the lines are the longest).

Chances are good that FP will still be available in November, meaning you'll have access to both FP+ and FP as well. If that's the case (if FP is still offered), you don't even need to worry about FP+ if you don't want to. You could just schedule 3 FP+ and if you can't make it to use them, it's not a big deal.

Remember that FP+ can be changed, so scheduling them doesn't set them in stone. There may come a point where the most popular attractions run out of FP+ slots, so you may not be able to move your time slot for such attractions, but that remains to be seen.

FP+ can actually be an advantage if you park hop. Spending the morning at a recommended (less crowded) park, you'll be able to get a lot done. Then spending the evening at a park that's open later (or has EMH), where you can then enjoy the park along with your FP+, you'll get the most out of your day.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #1948
cajaput

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Has anybody been able to link there MNSSHP tickets that they printed out at home to their MDE? Help please if you have and thank you!
Yep. Go to your account on MDE (I used the full site, not the phone app). On the right side, choose "Link Existing Reservations or Tickets". Then, choose "Ticket or Pass". Then, choose "Will Call Order" and it will walk you thru step by step from there with pictures of your eTicket for guidance on where the number is that you need to enter. =0)

Old 08-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #1949
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
If you park hop, I'd suggest the following:

1) Find out which parks are recommended on which day during your stay.
2) Try to arrive at a recommended park in the early part of the day
3) Spend the evening in a "non" recommended park (which are usually open later and/or have EMH), where you'll have reserved your 3 (or 4) FP+ for your 3 or 4 favorite attractions. Try to schedule them from 4-7 PM or so. This will give you the opportunity to ride your 3 FP+ and then still have the rest of the night to enjoy the park.

If you don't plan to park hop, do the same as above, except reserve your FP+ for afternoon or evening at the same park (when the lines are the longest).

Chances are good that FP will still be available in November, meaning you'll have access to both FP+ and FP as well. If that's the case (if FP is still offered), you don't even need to worry about FP+ if you don't want to. You could just schedule 3 FP+ and if you can't make it to use them, it's not a big deal.

Remember that FP+ can be changed, so scheduling them doesn't set them in stone. There may come a point where the most popular attractions run out of FP+ slots, so you may not be able to move your time slot for such attractions, but that remains to be seen.

FP+ can actually be an advantage if you park hop. Spending the morning at a recommended (less crowded) park, you'll be able to get a lot done. Then spending the evening at a park that's open later (or has EMH), where you can then enjoy the park along with your FP+, you'll get the most out of your day.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks to Cajaput too!

I'm glad we get to test FP+ because, as I said on another thread, we'll have to get used to it anyway. Let's see this trip as a great way to see how we'll be able to take most of FP+ without overplanning!

What would we do without Disboards!!!!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #1950
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

We're planning an April trip. Is everyone assuming FP+ will be up and fully operational by then? We'd been planning to go somewhere else so I hadn't been keeping up on all the FP+ threads. Now that we're going back to WDW, I think I need to brush up on all this.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: