Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #1891
williamscm3
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked already...but do those that have been testers recommend a family that has never been to Disney before accept the offer to try out the new stuff? I like the looks of thr FP+ stuff but I'm afraid if we run into too many problems with that or the MB's it may put a damper on our first trip...we received our invitation today but I'm just not sure if we should do it or not...
Old 08-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #1892
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamscm3 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked already...but do those that have been testers recommend a family that has never been to Disney before accept the offer to try out the new stuff? I like the looks of thr FP+ stuff but I'm afraid if we run into too many problems with that or the MB's it may put a damper on our first trip...we received our invitation today but I'm just not sure if we should do it or not...
There really is no risk. You can try it and if you don't like it then just stop using the bands completely and use you room keys instead. Using the 2 systems together is a pretty sweet deal IMO.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #1893
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamscm3
I would absolutely recommend doing it. You'll have to get used to doing something new regardless, it might as well be the new FP+ system as opposed to getting comfortable with the old system only to have it be probably phased out by the time you make your second trip. Plus, this way you have the full back-up of getting comfy with the MB's at the same time as you can use regular FP's and CM's are on hand to help, whereas if you opt-out, at some point in the future you'll have to try out MB's and you won't have regular FP to fill in the gaps.

This is the reason I'm so glad I was picked for testing - I'm dreadful with change (to an anxiety-type extent) and hearing about FP+ and MB's kinda freaked me out. But getting to try it out and get comfy with it, while also being hand-held through it thanks to regular FP's... perfect!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #1894
williamscm3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411

There really is no risk. You can try it and if you don't like it then just stop using the bands completely and use you room keys instead. Using the 2 systems together is a pretty sweet deal IMO.
So if were running into problems with the MB's we can stop mid trip?? I definitely wanna try if that's the case...I just didn't want to get stuck with continuing testing if it wasn't working out. I have read a few horror stories on here but I'm hoping by now the kinks are getting all worked out
Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #1895
lazer
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So if were running into problems with the MB's we can stop mid trip?? I definitely wanna try if that's the case...I just didn't want to get stuck with continuing testing if it wasn't working out. I have read a few horror stories on here but I'm hoping by now the kinks are getting all worked out
During testing you'll still get a key card to your room that is also your park ticket and cc info (if you choose). You don't have to use the bands. I set up fastpass+ times and plan to use the magic band, but if there are issues...i have no problems using the key card! No penalty for not using what you schedule.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #1896
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes of course you can.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 08-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #1897
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFairy View Post
I think I just royally screwed up.

I went into MDE to look around today & logged in using my online login/password for all things Disney. I just wanted to look around & get a feel for it because I hadn't poked around with the site yet & figured better now than later while we're at MK & trying to get things figured out.

It recognized my AP & linked it to MDE & thinking nothing of it I added DH & DD too. It accepted their AP #s but then did not actually link their APs & now tells me that both AP #s are already linked to an acct when I try again. We are holding paper Aps issued Oct 2012.

So now do I have to call IT to straighten it out?

And now do I HAVE to convert to RFID tickets next time we visit?

ARGH!!!! Why did I have to look!!!??? HELP!
Once you linked their APs they disappeared from your "manage cards and bands" page, right? I called IT and they said that was normal for the system (same thing happened with me and my fiancé). Good news is his account and mine stayed linked and when I went to do FP+ reservations and MagicBands, I was still able to make selections for him.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Old 08-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #1898
DocWes
Earning My Ears

Has anyone been able to link their MNSSHP tickets.

Last edited by DocWes; 08-26-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #1899
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWes View Post
Has anyone been able to link their MNSSHP
This is an interesting question. I can't recall, but do they offer Fast Pass for the Parties?

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #1900
Andeevan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWes View Post
Has anyone been able to link their MNSSHP tickets.
Yes, we loaded our MNSSHP tickets. The worked just like our regular tickets. I haven't checked to see about FP during the party though
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #1901
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2023 View Post
I can't recall, but do they offer Fast Pass for the Parties?
No.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #1902
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDad View Post
We just returned from WDW as MB testers and we had no issues going through security with our magic bands in our carry-on luggage.
Thanks!!! That eases my mind knowing what airport security is like
Old 08-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #1903
williamscm3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411

Yes of course you can.
Thanks!! Were gonna try it!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #1904
beef5stew
Earning My Ears

I was able to link my MNSSHP tickets. No FP+ after 7pm, but i was able to get FP between 4pm and 6:45.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #1905
DocWes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef5stew View Post
I was able to link my MNSSHP tickets. No FP+ after 7pm, but i was able to get FP between 4pm and 6:45.
I tried linking my tickets but the came up as tickets for sept 2012, so i stopped.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: