Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #1861
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
The wait times in MDE are direct from Disney. They should match what's reported at the entrance of the attraction.
So no, they are not always 'accurate'. I find the posted times are often a little off - especially towards the end of the day, when they might want to discourage people from joining lines for the more popular attractions (Toy Story Mania springs to mind). But MDE matches with what they show outside the attraction anyway.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #1862
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Someone reported on another thread that they spoke with CMs yesterday and was told that child under 3 would get a band and she said she was able to customize it. The MDE phone app version indicated my almost 2 yo would also get a band, but only in grey. The computer MDE version said he was not eligible. I just got my box of MBs () and there was not one for him. Anyone know the facts???

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #1863
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever
Someone reported on another thread that they spoke with CMs yesterday and was told that child under 3 would get a band and she said she was able to customize it. The MDE phone app version indicated my almost 2 yo would also get a band, but only in grey. The computer MDE version said he was not eligible. I just got my box of MBs () and there was not one for him. Anyone know the facts???
No facts here but my 2yr old got one that we customized, I have also read about others that didn't get one so I'm not sure why but it seems to go both ways

Me DH DD DS

Old 08-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #1864
MDsMomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
I was able to customize a band for my infant. I'm at 0 days left to customize so they should ship tomorrow. I am expecting the band to come with the others I ordered.
Sept 2013 AKL - Kidani & AOA April 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 08-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #1865
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
No facts here but my 2yr old got one that we customized, I have also read about others that didn't get one so I'm not sure why but it seems to go both ways
Thanks for the info! That is very interesting. I wonder if the cut off age is 2???

Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #1866
chester629
DIS Dad #747

Quote:
Thanks for the info! That is very interesting. I wonder if the cut off age is 2???
I was able to customize a MB for my DS2. They will not ship for another 3 weeks though...

Pre-2000:13 total trips (all offsite) ~ 2001:CBR, Disney Paris ~ 2003:CBR ~ 2005:ALS ~ 2007:CBR ~ 2013:AKL anxiously waiting

ME: DW: DS4: DS2:
Old 08-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #1867
Nicnic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester629 View Post

I was able to customize a MB for my DS2. They will not ship for another 3 weeks though...
I too was able to customise a band for my 2yo. I was surprised at that.
Not going till 23 oct and think they should be at reception as we're from the UK.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #1868
BillyC123
Earning My Ears

MDE App vs Webpage?

Any concern here, you think? In the MDE App its showing all of my all by FP selections for only 1 person when I had reserved them for 4. But when i goto MDE webpage it shows that I have all my FPs for 4. I am sure its just a gltch, but wanted to check to see if anyone else had this?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #1869
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

I just got off the phone with a wonderful CM, and yes if children under 3 are on your reservation, everyone should get a MB. My little guy was not on the reservation, he was showing up on MDE, but not on main ressie ( a whole other issue). However, she stated he could still get one at check in by telling them he was left off the reservation.

She also indicated that they may stop giving them to children under 3 at any time because they are having an issue with them being lost.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #1870
EEPETEZ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC123 View Post
Any concern here, you think? In the MDE App its showing all of my all by FP selections for only 1 person when I had reserved them for 4. But when i goto MDE webpage it shows that I have all my FPs for 4. I am sure its just a gltch, but wanted to check to see if anyone else had this?
I had this problem also last week. Disney IT said as long as it was on the webpage you are ok. He said that it is a problem with the App. I expressed concerns that I hope it was fixed because it is unlikely that carrying around my laptop during vacation is an option . He agreed! Mine showed up again the next day. I didn't do anything, it just worked.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #1871
chester629
DIS Dad #747

Quote:
I just got off the phone with a wonderful CM, and yes if children under 3 are on your reservation, everyone should get a MB. My little guy was not on the reservation, he was showing up on MDE, but not on main ressie ( a whole other issue). However, she stated he could still get one at check in by telling them he was left off the reservation.

She also indicated that they may stop giving them to children under 3 at any time because they are having an issue with them being lost.

Pre-2000:13 total trips (all offsite) ~ 2001:CBR, Disney Paris ~ 2003:CBR ~ 2005:ALS ~ 2007:CBR ~ 2013:AKL anxiously waiting

ME: DW: DS4: DS2:
Old 08-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #1872
eaf2063
Earning My Ears

Question about customizing the magic bands:
There are 5 of us in our party. I was able to customize for three of us.I wants able to customize bands for the youngest 2... Next to their names it says ... There was a problem retrieving details about this guest. When i click on the customize tab for their bands it says... Sorry their was a problem completing your request. Try again later.... Should i wait a while and try again or should i call someone? Is it because they are 9 & 4? The other 3 of us are adults... Will they be getting a band at all.... i know if she is wearing a bancd and doesnt get pink she will probably freak out when she sees others with a pink band...
any advice would help..
Thanks
Old 08-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #1873
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So can you not go back in and customize it now Pluto?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #1874
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

I'm confused. We're checking in Friday and I can't seem to access Fastpass+ for our trip. Is it only available to certain people?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #1875
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post

Western MA...how about you?
Same here:-)

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: