Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #1846
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Can someone clarify for me a few things about FP+ & My Magic? First timer to WDW, and I just noticed on MDE that I have the option to customize bands & add FP+ selections, so I guess that means we're part of the test? We're at AoA 10/23-10/29.

-Are you still able to pull regular fast passes out of the machines if you have a magic band? asking because we'll have a 5 yr old & 2 yr old, and as much as I like to plan things in advance, I know I need to have some flexibility with the littles, so if my original reservations get messed up as far as times go, can I just pull a regular fast pass instead?

-I have read a few things about the magic bands not working correctly for park admission, etc....will we still receive our KTTW cards to be used as an either/or kind of situation along with the bands? so if we show up & it won't read our bands, will they just scan the cards instead?

-My 2 year old is showing up on the My Magic + site as "needs valid park admission"; due to his age, he's not on our package, so what does this mean for him? I assume he will still be able to ride any FP+ rides with us, correct?

-can I play around with the system without "locking in"? Meaning, can I go ahead and play around with FP+ selections just to see what the day might look like, but if we change our minds and don't want to participate in the test, is that ok?

Thanks so much! I'm a little overwhelmed by this whole thing, and trying to decide if it's something we want to do, or just stick with the regular card and fastpass system. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #1847
chester629
DIS Dad #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
Can someone clarify for me a few things about FP+ & My Magic? First timer to WDW, and I just noticed on MDE that I have the option to customize bands & add FP+ selections, so I guess that means we're part of the test? We're at AoA 10/23-10/29.

1) Are you still able to pull regular fast passes out of the machines if you have a magic band? asking because we'll have a 5 yr old & 2 yr old, and as much as I like to plan things in advance, I know I need to have some flexibility with the littles, so if my original reservations get messed up as far as times go, can I just pull a regular fast pass instead?

2) I have read a few things about the magic bands not working correctly for park admission, etc....will we still receive our KTTW cards to be used as an either/or kind of situation along with the bands? so if we show up & it won't read our bands, will they just scan the cards instead?

3) My 2 year old is showing up on the My Magic + site as "needs valid park admission"; due to his age, he's not on our package, so what does this mean for him? I assume he will still be able to ride any FP+ rides with us, correct?

4) can I play around with the system without "locking in"? Meaning, can I go ahead and play around with FP+ selections just to see what the day might look like, but if we change our minds and don't want to participate in the test, is that ok?
1) Yes. They run independantly.

2) Yes. You can use your band or card to enter a park, although remember you're testing...so if the band throws up a flag they may want to investigate the problem to fix the bug from future issues.

3) Being a Guest of Mickey is about as VIP as you can get therefore he doesn't require FP's. Just bring him with you when you go through the que. They will see he is an official Guest of Mickey and will get right on with no problems!

4) Not sure on this one! Sorry!

Pre-2000:13 total trips (all offsite) ~ 2001:CBR, Disney Paris ~ 2003:CBR ~ 2005:ALS ~ 2007:CBR ~ 2013:AKL anxiously waiting

ME: DW: DS4: DS2:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #1848
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
-can I play around with the system without "locking in"? Meaning, can I go ahead and play around with FP+ selections just to see what the day might look like, but if we change our minds and don't want to participate in the test, is that ok?
no, once you're in, you're in.

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #1849
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

So, do we definitely get both MBs and KTTW cards???? I was concerned about keeping track of just the bands, if I have to keep track of both I might go

Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #1850
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Sorry if this has already been covered - I haven't seen it come up, but I don't have time to read through EVERY MB/FP+ thread, either!

I have an AP - it's been converted to RFID, but I have NOT registered the new RFID card on MDE. I can still access the AP portal in MDE, though, because I'd already been registered with the old, paper AP. My AP doesn't show up as a ticket, but I can still get to AP promotions, etc.

I have a reservation in early Oct. and am being asked on MDE to confirm my shipping address for MB. MDE is NOT giving me access to FP+.

I will not be linking my RFID AP to MDE before this trip. So, is there any compelling reason to accept a MB? Would it do anything more than unlock my room door?

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 08-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #1851
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Buzz Lightyear View Post
Nice Red Sox!!! Where are you from in MA?
Western MA...how about you?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #1852
chester629
DIS Dad #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
So, do we definitely get both MBs and KTTW cards???? I was concerned about keeping track of just the bands, if I have to keep track of both I might go
Yes. I have not tested myself yet (will in Oct) but was told by CM and read in the system review thread that everyone gets both. You don't HAVE to use both though. So you don't have to worry about those cards if you just want to rock out the bands. Just know there may be some bumps as you go...although by now they have it just about ready to go and most reviewers have not have a single problem.

Pre-2000:13 total trips (all offsite) ~ 2001:CBR, Disney Paris ~ 2003:CBR ~ 2005:ALS ~ 2007:CBR ~ 2013:AKL anxiously waiting

Old 08-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #1853
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester629 View Post
Yes. I have not tested myself yet (will in Oct) but was told by CM and read in the system review thread that everyone gets both. You don't HAVE to use both though. So you don't have to worry about those cards if you just want to rock out the bands. Just know there may be some bumps as you go...although by now they have it just about ready to go and most reviewers have not have a single problem.
Great, Thanks! We will rock those bands (which are supposed to be at my door any minute!) and then just keep cards in wallet for a "just in case" moment!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #1854
chester629
DIS Dad #747

I have two questions...

1) When are shows/parades added to the system? I've read 30 days out but I was able to grab an Illuminations FP+ and I am greater than 30 days out.

2) Are the parks equipped with Wifi? Everything with this is controlled online/app and it seems like I will have to bring my phone with me to know what's what and to make changes...but the app moves really slow unless I have excellent signal.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #1855
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Sorry if this has already been covered - I haven't seen it come up, but I don't have time to read through EVERY MB/FP+ thread, either!

I have an AP - it's been converted to RFID, but I have NOT registered the new RFID card on MDE. I can still access the AP portal in MDE, though, because I'd already been registered with the old, paper AP. My AP doesn't show up as a ticket, but I can still get to AP promotions, etc.

I have a reservation in early Oct. and am being asked on MDE to confirm my shipping address for MB. MDE is NOT giving me access to FP+.

I will not be linking my RFID AP to MDE before this trip. So, is there any compelling reason to accept a MB? Would it do anything more than unlock my room door?
Does your MDE Profile show a Passholder Affiliation? If it does, you can access the passholder website.

MagicBands can do the following:
Touch to Enter for your room
Touch to Pay (if room charging is set)
Touch to Enter at the Parks (with Valid Park Admission linked to MDE)
FastPass+ (with Valid Park Admission linked to MDE)
PhotoPass+ (coming soon)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #1856
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester629 View Post
I have two questions...

1) When are shows/parades added to the system? I've read 30 days out but I was able to grab an Illuminations FP+ and I am greater than 30 days out.

2) Are the parks equipped with Wifi? Everything with this is controlled online/app and it seems like I will have to bring my phone with me to know what's what and to make changes...but the app moves really slow unless I have excellent signal.
2) The parks are equipped with WiFi and it has been upgraded for all of this! I have read reports (WDW Shutterbug and others) that this month their MDE phone app has worked better than ever before, even quite a ways in to park rides like Haunted Mansion.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #1857
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Does your MDE Profile show a Passholder Affiliation? If it does, you can access the passholder website.
Yes and no.... I'm able to log into the passholder website, as it's still set up from my many years of old APs. I have not, however, linked my RFID card, so it doesn't show in my Tickets.

Quote:
MagicBands can do the following:
Touch to Enter for your room
Touch to Pay (if room charging is set)
Touch to Enter at the Parks (with Valid Park Admission linked to MDE)
FastPass+ (with Valid Park Admission linked to MDE)
PhotoPass+ (coming soon)
Thanks - exactly what I wanted to know! I don't need it to do any of those things, so I think I'll skip it and save myself some potential headaches.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #1858
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Question...are the ME wait times generally accurate. lY we didn't find them as accurate as say, Lines...but wondering if it has been improved.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #1859
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Question...are the ME wait times generally accurate. lY we didn't find them as accurate as say, Lines...but wondering if it has been improved.
The wait times in MDE are direct from Disney. They should match what's reported at the entrance of the attraction.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #1860
nitrot150
Earning My Ears

So, we have a trip upcoming in 18 days. (BWV and BLT)

any hope of FP+ or at least Magic Bands? I see they are adding some more resorts but I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones.

I have one ticket linked to MDE, but the other three are AP's but they won't link (wrong type of card I guess)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: