Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #1546
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

I don't think I've seen this question yet... Hoping someone can help me. I booked a free dining package. Will my meals be on my Magic Band and if so, will I not have access to them until I get to the hotel? I'd like to go straight from MCO to lunch at Downtown Disney but will I be able to use meal credits at that point? If it matters, I did do online check-in.

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

My book blog: http://theavidreader.typepad.com/

Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #1547
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
I don't think I've seen this question yet... Hoping someone can help me. I booked a free dining package. Will my meals be on my Magic Band and if so, will I not have access to them until I get to the hotel? I'd like to go straight from MCO to lunch at Downtown Disney but will I be able to use meal credits at that point? If it matters, I did do online check-in.
Your meals will be on there but I'm not sure if you can skip regular check in or not. If you are taking ME then you will go to you hotel anyway so might as well stop at the front desk.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #1548
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Question for any testers that picked up your MagicBands at the resort - were your MagicBands visible on your My Disney Experience page before you picked them up?
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 08-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #1549
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Question for any testers that picked up your MagicBands at the resort - were your MagicBands visible on your My Disney Experience page before you picked them up?
Yes they were. My girls MBs weren't shipped to us, they went to the resort for some reason but as soon as they shipped they showed up under their names.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 08-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #1550
mavadell
Mouseketeer

I accidentally added someone to a reservation ( I have two) and deleted someone else on the MDE app. I called Disney and they have both reservations correct. How can I correct it on the app? I can't find a modify button on the my reservations page.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #1551
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Yes they were. My girls MBs weren't shipped to us, they went to the resort for some reason but as soon as they shipped they showed up under their names.
Thanks so much. I figured this was the case as from what I have been told the MagicBands are active (linked to DME with park admission etc) as soon as they are shipped.

I had a whole MagicBand issue yesterday I had set my shipping address set as Coronado Springs. We are checking in at Pop after midnight and I have had several bad late night check-in experiences so I thought it would be easier to just forward them to CSR. When the bands shipped I was provided with the weirdest tracking number I've ever seen. It said it was UPS but it wouldn't track. Disney IT had no idea where the MBs were either.

I was freaking out because those bands were active with our APs and we have not entered at the new RFID entrance points so there is no biometric info associated with them.

Long story short they reported those MBs as lost, ordered a new set of customized MBs and they will now be ready for pickup at Pop on the 2nd. They have assured me that the late night arrival is fine
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 08-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #1552
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer

Checking to see if anyone has had Wishes or Fantasmic show up as a FP+ option. Trying to make the most of my planning options.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #1553
JMNE
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Diva Mom View Post
Checking to see if anyone has had Wishes or Fantasmic show up as a FP+ option. Trying to make the most of my planning options.
I have Fantasmic on 9/13 and Illuminations on 9/15, but no Wishes or parades.
DVC Since 11/11
Coming Soon:

Old 08-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #1554
DisneyDust2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNE View Post

I have Fantasmic on 9/13 and Illuminations on 9/15, but no Wishes or parades.
I have Fantasmic for 9/9 but am hoping for Wishes on 9/8 and IllumiNations on either 9/11 or 9/12. I heard they may not show up unless its a weekend day, but 9/9 is a Monday and I got a Fantasmic FP+ for that?!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #1555
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
I accidentally added someone to a reservation ( I have two) and deleted someone else on the MDE app. I called Disney and they have both reservations correct. How can I correct it on the app? I can't find a modify button on the my reservations page.
I'd call Tech Support 407-939-7765. I was told by Tech Support things that happen at Reservations don't necessarily reflect on MDE.

For a few weeks, I've had a MDE error message that says there's a problem with one of my reservations. Reservations says everything's fine with my two upcoming reservations. Tech Support could offer no insight into the error message, so now I'm ignoring it. They suggested that since I changed my December resort with the general public discount that MDE is still hung up on my old resort reservation

But maybe they can fix your issue. I'd like to know because when I did online check-in for my October visit, it put my DIL as the primary and gave her my credit card. I'm now the secondary with no charging privileges. I haven't felt up to another Tech support call yet
Old 08-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #1556
PuppyJonathan
Mouseketeer

This may be a little off topic, but for the Illuminations Fastpass area, is there any signage or a check in? Just curious
Old 08-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #1557
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyJonathan View Post
This may be a little off topic, but for the Illuminations Fastpass area, is there any signage or a check in? Just curious
Yes there is and yes there is a scanning point. You can enter from both sides of the area though.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #1558
MomofTwinPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Is there a reason that they mail the magic bands to your house? Wouldn't it be easier to just pick them up at the hotel (and cheaper for Disney)?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #1559
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofTwinPrincesses View Post
Is there a reason that they mail the magic bands to your house? Wouldn't it be easier to just pick them up at the hotel (and cheaper for Disney)?
You are supposed to use them for ME as well.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #1560
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

So it just hit me

charging priveleges are here also!

so if I lose my MB, I am guessing I would do the same thing as with my KTTW card and just report it missing and they will give me a new one?

For those who already have them/used them - please keep this in mind for future reports - thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: