Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #1531
sunfun94
Is it Football season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoodle View Post
The September test does not include the GF. Only certain resorts. I was just wondering if anyone had a guess of when they might start seeing October test details.
Granted we're not staying at GF but we are going within days of you also in Oct... I called this morning to move our resort to POR instead of CBR and the CM was very insistent on making sure I knew what My Disney Experience was and the links for MB's and FP+ ... so from that conversation I'm thinking that soon enough us Oct trips will be hearing from them maybe?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #1532
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama3 View Post
I kept checking my account on MDE. One day the option to reserve fastpass+ was there, and two days later the option to customize magic bands was there, with a note stating that the bands were available to me because of a qualifying reservation. My reservation is for Beach Club, September 3-12, and theses options showed up for me last week.
Do you or anyone else know if YC is testing the first week if Sept? I am trying to help my friends.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #1533
3mama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post

Do you or anyone else know if YC is testing the first week if Sept? I am trying to help my friends.
I believe both YC and BC are testing for September.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #1534
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeinatedMama View Post
Dining plan will be on the MB. They have hand held devices now they bring to the table to scan your band and that's how you pay for table service. They have the readers at counter service registers.
Can we still do tips via gift cards though? We always buy gift cards for tips before we go, that way we don't have to charge anything and we have cute gift cards to scrapbook (we order themed ones from Disney Gift Card's site).

Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #1535
FRANKTSJR
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Now, any chance you could fill me in on how to secure a fastpass+ for illuminations??
I watched Illuminations from the "special viewing area" last year during F&W as a Disney Chase card holder. They say this area is the best for viewing and the show was designed to be viewed from there. Though it was an excellent view, I personally would not waste a FP+ on Illuminations. There are too many other excellent locations for viewing Illuminations around the World Showcase Lagoon.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #1536
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Can we still do tips via gift cards though? We always buy gift cards for tips before we go, that way we don't have to charge anything and we have cute gift cards to scrapbook (we order themed ones from Disney Gift Card's site).
I'm sure you could, but I think your easiest option is to put your gift cards onto your room account - meaning charge your tips back to your room, and pay off that with your gift cards before you leave.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #1537
gypsydoodlebug
Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I have to admit, Gobo Fraggle was kinda hot...
all of a sudden I sound like a Beverly Hillbilly??!?!
I can't tell the chicks from the dudes on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
I'm sure you could, but I think your easiest option is to put your gift cards onto your room account - meaning charge your tips back to your room, and pay off that with your gift cards before you leave.
This is what we do. We buy GCs & get them from family throughout the year and the night before we check out, DH just goes to the front desk with a stack o' cards & settles the bills. We always spend more than planned this way, though. It's easy to do when you're not counting!

**Newly minted VGF DVC members**
Old 08-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #1538
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
I believe both YC and BC are testing for September.
Thx!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #1539
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoodlebug View Post
This is what we do. We buy GCs & get them from family throughout the year and the night before we check out, DH just goes to the front desk with a stack o' cards & settles the bills. We always spend more than planned this way, though. It's easy to do when you're not counting!

Yea, we've always just used them at the restaurants so I hope the magic bands don't mess that up . I think I'd still prefer to do it that way, we just don't really care to charge back to our room. Plus, the wait staff gets more tip if I use a gift card since when I purchase gift cards I round up to make sure I have enough to cover the automatic 18% I know we will get charged.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #1540
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Is anyone having problems with MDE right now? My dd is staying at POP and when I login in to her name I can see all her info and fastpass+ stuff. When I login in to my own ressies at POR it says blip in the system and won't let me access any of my info. I am trying to change some of our fastpass times, We are going in Sept.

Disney Magic to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay May 4,2012
Disneyland Feb 2011
Disney World last trip December 2010 plus many more
Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #1541
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

When: 9/21 - Contemporary (1 night) = got bands and FP+

When: 9/26 - 10/4 - Port Orleans Riverside (8 nights) = got bands
BUT: I only got FP+ for 9/26-9/30.....
SO: what do we do for the 10/1 -10/4 = do we get the cards?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #1542
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmom31 View Post
Is anyone having problems with MDE right now?
Sorry I am being a downer but I ALWAYS have problems with MDE - it is constantly making me resign in - or it doesn't change the calendar day I want to move to (i.e. I change the date and it says 9/27 but the activities are for 9/26 of which I just made additions to). I am very frustrated with it but have to keep telling myself - they are testing, they are testing, learn patience, you will be there soon.

My sister has finally gone in to HER MDE - yesterday I could see all of her tickets and all of mine. Last night after I got home and fininshed the bands I went back in to finish our plans and went to my reservations and her tickets were gone! Freaked me out. CM said that she needed to be sure she linked me. I call my sister, told her to check. She can see her tickets so I am happy again. Not gonna worry about whoz is where as long as it is there and shows up - don't want to get all the way to Florida and find out we don't have tickets for her!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #1543
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
There were people who said theirs had.. Might have to be from a certain date ...
My old KTTW cards that don't work are from Aug. 2012
Old 08-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #1544
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post

My old KTTW cards are from Aug. 2012
Here's a post from the other day:
A card from Feb 2012..

Originally Posted by patrickpiteo
There were people who said theirs had.. Might have to be from a certain date ...

Mine from Feb 2012 are working for FP. However paper tickets from the same trip are not giving FP.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #1545
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
Here's a post from the other day:
A card from Feb 2012..

Originally Posted by patrickpiteo

Mine from Feb 2012 are working for FP. However paper tickets from the same trip are not giving FP.
I'll have to try again tomorrow at MK. They didn't work at HS.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: