Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
foxfamily238
Earning My Ears

Need trip planning help

We are thinking of doing a Disney/Universal trip around the 4th of May next year. Does anyone know if this is a good time to go in terms of weather and crowds?

Also, last time we stayed at the pop century, but we were thinking of upgrading to a moderate this time and staying at the French Quarter. Is this a good choice? Also, does anyone have a tip on which rooms are more quiet at this resort without being too far away from the food court/busses?

Also, what is the best way to get to universal studios without using a rental car?

There will be 3 of us, myself, DH, and DD. Our daughter will be 7 1/2 at the time. Our first and only trip so far was in August 2011. We stayed at Pop Century. Now we are looking for a time that will hopefully not be as hot, crowded, or rainy.

And any other helpful tips would be great as well.
foxfamily238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Julie711
DIS Veteran

To answer some of your questions.. We went 2nd week in may 2 yrs ago and the weather was really nice, not to humid. We have done universal on 2 separate occasions when visiting Disney and we use mears transportation. They will pick you up at your resort. It's about a 20-25 min ride.

I cannot answer your question about pofq hotel, but we have stayed at CBR 4x before and love this hotel.

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
scdak
DIS Veteran

I love POFQ but you will get many other opinions too. I like the small size of the resort, the pool, the food court. Its a nice walk to POR if you want something different to eat or to use their pools. Boat transportation to DTD is relaxing esp at night.

May can be warm or hot depending on what you are used to or what type of weather you enjoy. For me, that means going to the parks early in the day, returning to the resort to swim and nap then returning to the parks in the evening, others say returning to the resort is a huge time waster. I guess it all depends on your family and their wishes and needs, the amount of time you have there etc.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
foxfamily238
Earning My Ears

Thank you both for your help. If anyone else has any other helpful tips,it is much appreciated.

Thanks!
foxfamily238 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: