Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
JennCC
Earning My Ears

Best Moderate Resort for Fam with 6 & 4 YO??

Just wanting to take a poll bc we cannot decide on which moderate resort we should stay at in Sept. We will need to easily access the room for rest time most days and a good pool is a must! Any suggestions?? Thanks!
JennCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
megan10310
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at Por and csr and were happy with both. We would choose csr if we had to pick. Loved their pool area and the rooms seemed nicer. Por has the better counter service and the boat to dtd which is very cool.

First Family Disney Trip!!! March 2010

Can't Wait! Next Trip - February 2013!
megan10310 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
megan10310
Mouseketeer

Forgot to mention our kids are 6, 4, and 2.

First Family Disney Trip!!! March 2010

Can't Wait! Next Trip - February 2013!
megan10310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
ShelliRenee
Daughter of a King

POFQ would be great. You can also use the pool at Riverside as a guest of French Quarter. French Quarter is a small resort making it easy to walk to any room and the main building/bus area.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

I would go for POFQ, it is the smallest moderate resort and easy to get around with your little ones< good luck!!!
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

We love CSR and didn't like POR. I do agree you might try POFQ for the smaller size, etc.

shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
AntFarm
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CBR. Great pool area for little kids with pirate ship splash area and zero depth entry swimming pool but we did not like having full size beds or the multiple bus stops within the resort to get to the parks. Next time we are staying at POFQ.
AntFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

CSR has the best pool area for kids of all ages. It is also the most deluxe feeling of the moderate resorts. Very upscale bedding, and a nice door the separates the sleeping area from the sink area.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

You could also explore renting DVC points. This opens up some deluxe resorts at similar prices.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
sweetcreams
Mouseketeer

My kids (DD9 and DS6 at the time) absolutely adored CBR. The slide at the pool is awesome...my son went down about 40 times in a row. My DD enjoyed the games and dance party they had in the afternoon. They also roast marshmallows on the beach, and have a movie under the stars. I also thought they had a great playground...better than any other resorts we have tried. I do agree that the double beds aren't ideal, especially if you're staying a while (we only stayed 2 nights). The resort is huge so the buses also weren't to my liking, but that's the same as POR, and you don't have to pick up at any other resorts.
Personally I really love POFQ and would stay there again, but the pool and grounds are more fun at CBR.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
WDGPCFR
WDGPCFR

Let the Kids decide

Show the kids the photos on this site or order the DVD and watch it together. See what looks best to them.
WDGPCFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Have stayed at CBR & CSR--LOVED them both! Have not been to POR or POFQ as the themes simply do not appeal to us. For kids your age, I would give the edge to CBR. Great kids pirate splash area--it's next to the main pool but is gated off. Also the zero entry is a plus for little ones. But, the main pool seemed more crowded to us. Could be the design of the pool as it doesn't have any straight edges (if that makes sense.) CSR has a great slide and there always seemed to be room to actually swim & splash around. The kiddie pool is quite lacking though. The playground is right next to the main pool so that's handy. The double beds vs. queen beds (CBR has doubles, all other mods have queens) wasn't even a factor for us. As a pp said, take a look at the resort picks and find the one that appeals to you. I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you end up!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #13
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcreams View Post
The resort is huge so the buses also weren't to my liking, but that's the same as POR, and you don't have to pick up at any other resorts.
Just to clarify: POR has 4 bus stops. CBR has 7. That means if you hop on at the first stop at POR have 3 more stops to make. At CBR that number would be 6. I've stayed at both, and to me there was a huge difference! I hated having to make that many stops at CBR.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #14
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Our favorite moderate is CBR. We feel CBR has the best feature pool and the splash area for younger kids is awesome. Each village has it's own bus stop which makes for easy access to one no matter where your room is. We just love the laid back relaxed atmosphere. It's such a nice change from the craziness of the parks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: