|05-03-2013, 05:10 PM||#1|
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Carolina
Murder Mystery in the Magic Kingdom sign ups
We haven't had a Murder Mystery in too long, we typically have one every summer (sometimes more) and everyone always has so much fun so since it's nearly summer I thought I'd start it up again.
I know there's a lot of new people who may, or may not, have ever played before- or if you just want to be reminded of how the game is played please read the rules!
1. Roleplaying. You will be playing a Disney character of your choice. So as not to confuse people, you would have to have your character's name, in front of everything you say or do. So, say I was Cinderella, I would say something like:
Cinderella: Oh my, I seem to have lost my shoe again!
If you want to say anything that doesn't relate to your character, but is something relating to you, then you would use OOC: (Out Of Character) instead of your character's name
2. There are 3 roles to play. Murderer, Detective, and Park Guest. When we get enough players, Ill choose who the murderers are (using a random generator). My original choice can decline if they want, and if they do, Ill choose someone else. The murderers decides who will be killed every week or so. They have to wait, until I tell them they can though. When they choose, they will tell me who, then Ill tell the person they want to murder through PM. The murderer can decide how the person can be killed. This game will be in Magic Kingdom, so use the attractions as you wish. If a detective PMs me and makes an arrest, then if you are the murderer have to confess and the game will end. (Also, if it isn't 100% clear, if you are a murderer or detective DON'T tell anyone who you are! The defeats the whole purpose of the game and ruins everything.)
I will also choose 3 detectives who will be the ones to solve the crimes. They will work together and will decide between each other who to arrest. You can only make one arrest for each time period between the murders. If you make a false arrest, the other members can choose whether or not they can stay as detectives. If the majority chooses to have new detectives, then they can vote for replacement detectives, which might put the murderer into power. If this happens, then the game is over. Detectives will have to PM me before making an arrest, telling me who it is. If they are wrong, I will tell them so, announce on the thread that an accusation was made and was incorrect. When mentioning the detectives falsely accused someone, I will not mention who. If the murderer kills off the detectives, then they have won, and the game is over.
Park guests are what keep the game going. Detectives and the murderers both count as park guests. You all act as your chosen character, and do whatever you want around the park, but keep your posts to PG related material. Park guests get to choose whether the detectives need replacing, and can choose the new ones. Since nobody knows who the detectives are, you can't suggest to them who you think it is, but you can make your own accusations on the thread, depending on the clues. But be careful, if you accuse the murderer, they might get mad and you could be their next victim...
The story line is that all these Disney characters have been invited to Magic Kingdom for a celebration for all of their hard work. Something goes wrong and the characters are trapped in MK until the murderers are captured or all the detectives are solved. This means no leaving the Magic Kingdom- no going on the monorails, walking to the Contemporary, catching a bus, etc.
3. If you get murdered, you can't post as your character anymore, but you can still post on the thread out of character. You are NOT allowed to post as Ghost of *character name* once you have died. I may ask characters to post as ghosts far into the game, to give hints to the characters who are still alive. It is highly unlikely I will have to do that, but if it comes to the point, I will.
4. Whenever someone is murdered, there will be a small clue that will point to the murderer. It would be something pretty vague, such as blonde hair, or a piece of blue fabric. Over time, the clues will narrow down to a few people. Don't rule out a character, if they don't have a part of the clue. So, if there was cat fur, don't rule out Alice because she isn't a cat, because she owns a pet cat. The clues may also be rather difficult to interpret. Thats the POINT. So, all ideas of the clues could possibly mean, are welcome. The murderers will also be posting, trying to throw you off. You wont know they are the murderers, so youll have to be careful on who you listen to
5. I will play the part of the park management, who will update everyone on the goings on around the park. When the murderers murder someone, I will make the post telling everybody. When the detectives accuse somebody, I will make the post saying so, I wont say who they accused though.
6. Make sure that you have an empty PM box, just in case I pick you for the murderer or detective, if you get murdered, or falsely accused. PMs stack up quickly, so please, make sure your PM box is empty or close to empty. Also, I expect the murderers, detectives, and reporter to reply to my PMs, just so I know they understand what exactly is going on. They also need to send me PMs so they can keep up with their plans.
7. Have fun! This game was made for the enjoyment of everybody, please, dont be a sourpuss and ruin it for everybody. Thanks (:
So, if you'd like to play, comment which character you would like to play as! First come first serve. Sign-ups will end Tuesday, May 7th at 7:00 pm EST and the game will begin immediately afterwards.
If you have any questions, please ask. Please don't ask me to be a Murderer or a Detective, I'm going to pick at random to make everything fair.
If you still don't understand, once again, ask. Or read up on some old Murder Mysteries!
Gaston (I Am What I Am)
Vanellope Von Schweetz (disneygirl520)
Wendy Darling (scarscar93)
Cheshire Cat (HollywoodTowerHotel)
Donald Duck (101disneyfan)
Violet Parr (R5Jedi)
Sonny Eclipse (Mickeysgirl34)
Last edited by MickeyisBeast; 05-13-2013 at 06:52 PM.
|05-03-2013, 07:32 PM||#3|
Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right~Tennessee
I will be Kronk (:
|05-03-2013, 07:54 PM||#4|
Meet Me In The Sandbox
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Currently in the Hufflepuff Common Room, skipping Potions.
i've missed playing him so...i'll be Gaston!
Jade: part-time superhero. ♥
My name is Billy Kaplan...and right now, right at this moment in time, in history, there's no past, there's no future, there's just this. And it's magic.
ϟ "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on earth should that mean it isn't real?" ϟ
|05-03-2013, 09:49 PM||#5|
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore
Join Date: Jan 2013
I'll be Melody (LM2 incase anyone hasn't seen it). I've never done this on here before, so I'm excited!
'If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” – The Emperor, Mulan
“I am on my way, I can go the distance. I don’t care how far, somehow I’ll be strong. I know every mile will be worth my while. I will go most anywhere to find where I belong.” -Hercules
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."
— The Marauders’ Map
"Greater love hath no one than he who lays down his life for his friend." - Bagheera
"It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew — and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents — that there was all the difference in the world."
|05-04-2013, 08:39 AM||#7|
"Why, isn't it obvious? I am the master of the Games!" -The Game Master "We're the Storm Hawks, and for us, the sky is never the limit." -Aerrow
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In Slugterra upgrading my blaster at the Hideout, dueling Twist, or being taken to Shadow Clan territory (what did I do now?)
I'll be Cinderella
I am Cindy, the amazing, awesome daughter of the Random FamilyGryffindor Seeker!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & a sky night of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer & an Overload!An Ultra Link.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger, SHIELD agent, & member of Future Foundation.H2O mermaid!A water talent!In the EPF.I'm the Shane!Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella
"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Just because you can't understand something, doesn't mean it's wrong." -King Arthur
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Let's move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!!" and "It's funny how dumb you are." -Bill Cypher, Gravity Falls
"What's our best case scenario?" "I'm hoping to pass out before we go "splat"." "Let's review the definition of best case scenario, shall we?!" -Aerrow, Stork, and Finn
"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What are you looking at?" "Your artwork. Is that a kitty? It's cute!" -Eli to Shorty's bad artwork
Shatter every window 'til it's all blown away! Every brick, every board, every slamming door blown away! 'Til there's nothing left standing nothing left of yesterday.
|05-04-2013, 10:57 AM||#8|
Proud Directioner, Disney addict, awesome person, etc etc etc!
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun
I'll be Silvermist!
Hey, I'm Silvermist20!
I go by Silv.
(Real name Megan)
I am Silv, the loving, awesome, amazing, weird, funny mother of the Random family.
First Official TR: Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR
|05-04-2013, 09:39 PM||#11|
Join Date: Oct 2009
ponsdpbijndspijbnapsdjnb I miss these~ I'll be Tinkerbell as usual.
|05-05-2013, 09:09 AM||#13|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Jun 2012
I want to be Duffy the disney bear
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|