Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

21st Birthday Hotel?

If price did not matter and you could stay at any Disney hotel (or Swan and Dolphin) for your 21st what would it be? It will be during Food and Wine festival too

This is for me I have been to Disney over 20 times in my life and have stayed at a lot of hotels there but I am interested in what ones people suggest for this event
Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
TJA
DIS Veteran

I'd say definitely an Epcot resort, probably BWI given your personal circumstances. Seems like the perfect spot to be when turning 21 - you can grab a drink at Espn Club and it's open later than the normal park hours.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
MissKip
Earning My Ears

I stayed at the Boardwalk when I was there for my 21st. Great location
Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

I agree with PP's - BWI all the way because of it's close proximity to Epcot and for Jellyrolls, and the other lounges aren't bad either...
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...

Beach Club or Boardwalk Inn, followed by Poly.

If looking for something more reasonable, I would say CSR as it has a nightclub.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)[SIZE="1"][B]
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'd vote for BC if cost wasn't an issue. BC is slightly closer to Epcot that BW and I like the more relaxed, quiet atmosphere. If cost is an issue, then the Swolphin is a great choice.

For F&W its nice to be able to just walk to Epcot so I'd pick among the BW/YC/BC/Swolphin.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone I was really considering Boardwalk so I think that seems to be the best option
I was also thinking maybe Contemporary???

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'd vote for BC if cost wasn't an issue. BC is slightly closer to Epcot that BW and I like the more relaxed, quiet atmosphere. If cost is an issue, then the Swolphin is a great choice.

For F&W its nice to be able to just walk to Epcot so I'd pick among the BW/YC/BC/Swolphin.
I do have a question though, do you think Boardwalk is better than Swolphin if Money was not an issue?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post
I do have a question though, do you think Boardwalk is better than Swolphin if Money was not an issue?
Yes, I do. I've stayed at both (along with BC) many times. The Swolphin is basically a convention hotel and lacks the Disney touches. You also don't have to pay for hotel parking at BW (or BC) if you have a car, but you do if you stay at the Swolphin. One down-side to BW is seemingly endless hallways. There is one elevator bank and I always seem to get a room that's a half-mile away.

I do think that the restaurants at the Swolphin are very good though. You don't need to be staying there to eat there. Il Mullino at the Swan and Blue Zoo at the Dolphin have impressed. The lounge at both are nice places to have a drink and a snack.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

I agree with the PP's, I think the Epcot hotels are great for a special occasion like a 21st...you have all of the bars and lounges for the 5 hotels within walking distance, perfect for a lounge/bar crawl!

I know a lot of people love BC, but my choice would be the YC...I like the theming better. But YC, BC, or BWI...all are great choices!

If you don't care about being close to Epcot, I would pick the Poly, but that's just because I've always wanted to stay there hehe

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: