Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #61
Batgirl67
Mouseketeer

Post more when you can Danny...ya just can't leave us on the port
Batgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #62
hmurray2008
Earning My Ears

Waiting for the next entry! Can't wait!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #63
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Day 2, part 2: Sail Away and Cover Your Eyes Kids!

So this is it we are about to set sail on the Dream! I am so excited There there comes the lines It actually didn't take that long but it was frustrating with two excited kids, especially with Noah who is bouncing all over the place and we are all tired from our travels, a late night last night then up early for an almost hour and a half drive. I didn't realize we would have to go through "airport security" at the port, I guess DUH! should be the response but just didn't think about it. Come to think of it I don't remember where our luggage went, it may have been picked up at the curb by Disney... oh wait yes as I think about it that is what happened because I remember debating bringing Noah’s stroller or not but we let them take it for us. Isn’t it good I don’t write this TR off the cuff and I carefully plan out what I’m going to say? Well anyway… So we make it through to check in, Minnie Mouse was in the terminal greeting folks but that was one more line that we didn’t want to wait in so we waited in line to check in, then waited in line to register the kids for the kids club which I found particularly annoying because I had preregistered them online but I guess that didn’t matter! By this time the kids were really antsy and Cathleen was having nicotine withdrawal and somewhat frustrated and I was about to explode with excitement! Then FINALLY we get to step onto the ship!

[/IMG]

We get out picture taken, and walk the gangway and walk into the beautiful atrium to see crew members waving to us with big Mickey hands on and announce us as we enter "Welcome Penque family!" or something like that. It was all just kind of a magical haze for me. The atrium was even more breathtaking and I was just fascinated by the beauty of the ship. I took this pics later on in the trip but to just give you and example if you have yet to do DCL:

[IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We then made our way up to Cabanas for lunch since our room wouldn't be ready for a little while and we got more first glimpses of the ship:

So now as we entered Cabanas we approached what I thought was going to be another frustrating line but as we started grabbing plates for the buffet a CM came over and took Noah by the hand and said “want me to help you little guy?” Noah was disturbingly willing to go with a stranger but I gave the CM a smile and nod of approval as I realized this was the Disney touch, she took Noah off and we never saw him again… No just kidding she went off and got him a plate full of food that there was no way in all the seven seas that he would ever finish it all but that was another thing we quickly learned, we needed to abandon the notion that our kids wouldn’t be spoiled this trip. Our typical “you need to finish your food before dessert” and “eat your vegetables” was sacrificed to our servers pampering them with Mickey shaped ketchup and Mickey ice cream bars. We were also told buy my son’s kidnapper to not worry about standing in line but we could walk up to any of the stations without having to stand behind people waiting to pass the stuff you don’t want. I didn’t get any food pics but I remember getting lamb chops for the first time which was surprisingly absolutely delish, lots of shrimp and pineapple. Cathleen got for dessert some delicious pineapple and coconut ice cream which we disappointedly couldn’t get the rest of the trip because they ran out. After eating we made our way to our room.

Here's the kids being goofy on the veranda and our navigator

Okay well I am running out of time to finish the rest of the day now but I will maybe later today. You guys please keep on me to get through this this because I get really busy with all I going on but I don't want to disappoint you guys. Stay tuned for some risqué behavior! maybe you guys could make some guesses as to what the risqué behavior could be.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #64
acpalmer
Mouseketeer

Glad to see an update!

acpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #65
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

New reader but loving your TR so far!

Your family is adorable! The kids look like are having a great time so far.

How neat that you got to go to the Welcome Center and meet Teresa! How fun!

Can't wait to read more!
DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #66
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
New reader but loving your TR so far!

Your family is adorable! The kids look like are having a great time so far.

How neat that you got to go to the Welcome Center and meet Teresa! How fun!

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks and it was great to meet Teresa I was excited and Cathleen was making fun. We met Pete and the guys at Food and Wine a few weeks ago, I told him I met Teresa and he told me meeting him was way more exciting lol
Old 10-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #67
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Catching up around here.

Glad you finally made it on the ship.

Isn't it great when Disney just takes over and you can really have a vacation?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #68
WDWLinda
Mouseketeer

Hi There!

We leave for our first ever cruise on the Dream in 13 days and I need more info please!!! Your TR is fun and informative so far, please continue!

~Linda
WDWLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #69
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLinda View Post
We leave for our first ever cruise on the Dream in 13 days and I need more info please!!! Your TR is fun and informative so far, please continue!

~Linda
Ok I will try to update as much as I can in the next 2 weeks for you! I'm at McDonalds at the moment trying not to murder my 4 yr old. If he ate a quarter as much as he talked he would have eaten 25 quarter pounders by now!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #70
WDWLinda
Mouseketeer

Been there, done that...

My solution for things like that was to time them and make it a race - "Let's see how many seconds it takes for you to eat that/clean that/get dressed...I bet you can't do it in 25 secs..."

It still works with my 8 yr old, of course he also shoves food down his throat like a hyena, but that's another thing to conquer.

Thanks!!
WDWLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #71
time4somemagic
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing...our first dc is coming soon!
time4somemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #72
laydbk98*
Earning My Ears

Loving your trip reports Dan. First time cruiser was to be on the Re-imaged Magic this past week but it was cancelled now cruises in January on the Magic.
laydbk98* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #73
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by laydbk98* View Post
Loving your trip reports Dan. First time cruiser was to be on the Re-imaged Magic this past week but it was cancelled now cruises in January on the Magic.
We will be on the 1/6/14 Magic, so EXCITED
Old 10-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #74
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLinda View Post
My solution for things like that was to time them and make it a race - "Let's see how many seconds it takes for you to eat that/clean that/get dressed...I bet you can't do it in 25 secs..."

It still works with my 8 yr old, of course he also shoves food down his throat like a hyena, but that's another thing to conquer.

Thanks!!
It works to buy his ice cream cone when everyone else is done eating and waiting on him, then set it in front of him so he can watch it melt if he doesn't stop goofing off and eat. I'm so mean but it worked.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #75
DannyDisneyFreak

Okay folks I promise today an update. For first time cruisers or Dreamers I will tell you a couple of my tips.
1.) Do the detective agency thing on the ship, it looked fun but we never made time for it.
2.) Get to the port and on the ship as soon as possible! Get to enjoy the ship earlier and then take a nap before it sail away party. Naps are always nice.
3.) Don't miss the sail away party
4.) Get off the ship as early as possible in Castaway Cay, we didn't realize how much we would enjoy CC and we didn't get off until lunch time.
5.) Don't take too much time in Nassau, use that day to enjoy the ship and do the Aquaduck because at sea day the pool area is way more crowed. Do a movie on at sea day maybe.

Okay ya real soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: