Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Dogsambam
Mouseketeer

Larger Family balcony cabins???

Does anyone know if there are any larger family balconies? In other words, I know that 8a are larger family oceanviews, so are there any balcony cabins which are larger like the 8a. Thank you in advance for any info.
Dogsambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

On the Dream and Fantasy, categories 4A trough 4D are the larger "deluxe family" staterooms with verandahs. The category V rooms are the same size, but they are decorated differently and include concierge service. Obviously they are considerably more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Donna M
DIS Veteran

When I looked down from my 8th level balcony I saw some balconies that looked much deeper than ours; maybe they were on the 6th floor. They didn't have any privacy though since I could see the chairs.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

We have always booked a cat. 4a for our family of five. The cat. V are usually a lot more expensive than the cat. 4a. That said, be sure you take the time to price out a cat. V because we were surprised to find that we could book one for our 2014 western cruise for only around $400 more than a cat. 4a. We took the plunge and many other people obviously noticed this too as all of the cat. V rooms were sold out within a couple of weeks.
Stitch'sCousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
Keggy
So this is a first for us
Thank you everyone for the great welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna M View Post
When I looked down from my 8th level balcony I saw some balconies that looked much deeper than ours; maybe they were on the 6th floor. They didn't have any privacy though since I could see the chairs.
Those balconies do have a private portion and a "public" portion.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
JoshAndEmmysMama74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsambam View Post
Does anyone know if there are any larger family balconies? In other words, I know that 8a are larger family oceanviews, so are there any balcony cabins which are larger like the 8a. Thank you in advance for any info.
If you are looking for a larger balcony you should look at the 5E's. They are all located at the very aft of the ship. The room is not any bigger than a regular size room but the veranda is larger.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAndEmmysMama74 View Post

If you are looking for a larger balcony you should look at the 5E's. They are all located at the very aft of the ship. The room is not any bigger than a regular size room but the veranda is larger.
We are booked in a cat 5E for our cruise on the Fantast next year. Room 7194. It is described as an oversized veranda and from the pictures I have seen, the veranda is HUGE, with two chairs, a table and two lounge chairs, and plenty of extra space! It is dead center, aft, just above the flag pole!

KingdomHeartsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
WeLoveDisneyAlways
DIS Veteran

Yes category 5Es are what your looking for. The deluxe family staterooms have larger interiors not larger balconies. We stayed in 10590 on the dream there was only extra room for a chair.
Coronado Springs Resort Disney World - March 2003; Atlantis Bahamas - Sept 2004; Bellagio Las Vegas - Jan 2007; Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica - Jan 2008; Pop Century Disney World - Sept 2008; Pop Century, Disney World - Jan 2009; Atlantis Bahamas - Jan 2010; All Star Movies Disney World - May 2010; Caribbean Beach Resort Disney World - Jan 2011; Bay Lake Towers Disney World, Disney Dream Cruise, Coronado Springs Disney World - Jan 2012 ; Art of Animation Resort Disney World Jan 2013 ; Coronado Springs - Disney World, Disney Dream, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Disney World Jan 2014
WeLoveDisneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
Tinknalli
DIS Veteran

However, to consider is that the balcony may be larger in the 5E and 4E cabins the interior of a 4A-4D is larger with the regular size balcony.
2/98 All Star Music, 5/00 Port Orleans, 01/05 All Star Movies, 04/07 Pop Century, 10/08 Port Orleans Riverside, 04/10 Port Orleans French Quarter, 04/12 Disney Fantasy and Port Orleans Riverside, 04/14 Pop Century and Disney Fantasy

Tinknalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
mtil
Earning My Ears

Some of the Cat V's have a bumped out balcony. They are about double the normal size.
mtil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

another thing to consider is if you are getting more then one room they will take out the partition between the balconies to make one big balcony.
tnkrbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #12
Lisavince3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsambam View Post
This also depends on how many people are in your family. If you have 5 people and want to stay in the same stateroom, you are limited to categories 4 and 8 (or concierge). We have 5 and stayed in a 4B. Room size was good, veranda was decent. However, it was tricky to get onto the veranda in the morning without waking the kids when the Murphy bed was down.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a 4E on our January Fantasy cruise. We were on deck 5 fore starboard and loved our location. We did have the deeper verandah and while it was okay (there were only two of us) we didn't need it. We booked a VGT stateroom and this is what we were assigned. The stateroom itself was no larger than the typical size and we felt that we would never spend extra money to book this category if we were doing a regular reservation. It seems that some of the other options would be a better choice if you were looking for more space for 4 or 5 people.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
JoshAndEmmysMama74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan View Post
We are booked in a cat 5E for our cruise on the Fantast next year. Room 7194. It is described as an oversized veranda and from the pictures I have seen, the veranda is HUGE, with two chairs, a table and two lounge chairs, and plenty of extra space! It is dead center, aft, just above the flag pole!
We are also going to stay in 7194 later this year. We also have family on both sides of us in 7192 & 7690. We plan on having them open up the veranda partitions so we will have even more room.

Here's a link with some great pictures of 7194 & 7192.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3082114
Old 05-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #15
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Awwwww - from the title I was hoping there was news about cabins for larger families. LOL.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: