Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
starousse
DIS Veteran

Staying BC...Do I need to go to a waterpark?

Hi all,

Of those of you who have stayed at the BC, did you go to any of the water parks on your off park days? I was originally thinking of doing Typhoon Lagoon one day and then realize I could probably save over $200 bucks and just spend the day at the hotel enjoying the pool and Stormalong Bay. What do you think?
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I would still do a waterpark.Storm Along Bay is fun and I love it, but it is not a substitute for either DIsney Water park
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
I would still do a waterpark.Storm Along Bay is fun and I love it, but it is not a substitute for either DIsney Water park
Agreed
Old 05-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

BCV is my home resort and we use SAB on every family vacation.

We always still do a day at a waterpark; we prefer TL over BB.

SAB is a great pool but it's still a pool. It's not a waterpark.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Yep I agree, I would do a waterpark. Stormalong is basically a really nice pool. If you want the adventure of slides and such then I would do typhoon which I like better then blizzard.... Have fun!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

We would do SAB then pay the extra $10 and do EPCOT or DHS.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

It depends on how much your family likes water parks. If you are a big water park fan and you live in a place without access to water parks you should probably try to plan a day at one, since as others have said, SAB is great, but it's not a full-fledged water park and the Disney water parks are among the best in the world. If, however, your family is like mine, who can take water parks or leave them (even the Disney water parks) SAB will probably be enough to satisfy your family. It also depends on how long you are going to Disney for. We usually only go for 5-7 days and would rather spend that time in the parks or relaxing rather than go to the water parks.

Regardless, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any cost savings to adding the water park option now. You can always add it once you are at Disney if you decide your family wants to go to a water park, but you can't take the option off if you get there and decide not to do one. I would recommend playing it by ear and seeing how you feel once you get to Disney.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
It depends on how much your family likes water parks. If you are a big water park fan and you live in a place without access to water parks you should probably try to plan a day at one, since as others have said, SAB is great, but it's not a full-fledged water park and the Disney water parks are among the best in the world. If, however, your family is like mine, who can take water parks or leave them (even the Disney water parks) SAB will probably be enough to satisfy your family. It also depends on how long you are going to Disney for. We usually only go for 5-7 days and would rather spend that time in the parks or relaxing rather than go to the water parks.

Regardless, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any cost savings to adding the water park option now. You can always add it once you are at Disney if you decide your family wants to go to a water park, but you can't take the option off if you get there and decide not to do one. I would recommend playing it by ear and seeing how you feel once you get to Disney.
Hi, just like your family, I could take it or leave it. My kids nor husband have ever done a water park. Me I have. Personally, I would rather spend my days at the park or by the pool. We're going for 8 nights, so we'll just play it by ear and see what everyone wants to do. Thanks for the input everyone!
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'd save the money and enjoy SAB. Its not as extensive as a water park but its still very nice and you can easily spend the whole afternoon there (with adequate sunscreen).
Old 05-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I agree with the others. SAB is a nice pool but it's just that....a pool....and is not a water park. I would go to a water park. BB is our favorite, but TL is nice too.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: