Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
greenclan67
Callie35

4 resorts to choose from.....help

We have been offered 4 resorts for sn upcoming stay through my Aunt as an exchange. Which would you choose. All 2 bdrms. We have 4 in our party me, dh, 14 year old and 12 year old daughter.
They are orange lake, sheraton the fountains, hilton grand vacation I drive, or seaworld. Any comments or suggestions? Thx

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

the hilton's are probably the best.

love the one at Seaworld - but the one at ID is closer to WDW - and it is next door to a very busy mall. You can walk to it.

now if you have a car not a problem with either one - and would stay there.

there are also 2 sheraton's Sheraton Vistana Resort or Village - so which one?

fountains is in the same area as Hilton ID.

Orange Lake would not do. It is on the other of wdw vs your other choices and it is a much bigger place - really spread out and it can be difficult to get around the place.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
the hilton's are probably the best.

love the one at Seaworld - but the one at ID is closer to WDW - and it is next door to a very busy mall. You can walk to it.

now if you have a car not a problem with either one - and would stay there.

there are also 2 sheraton's Sheraton Vistana Resort or Village - so which one?

fountains is in the same area as Hilton ID.

Orange Lake would not do. It is on the other of wdw vs your other choices and it is a much bigger place - really spread out and it can be difficult to get around the place.
We are actually booked at Orange Lake for Christmas, but strictly a resort visit, with DC as the kids Xmas present. This is for our Feb/March trip she is looking for.
We will have a car. The Sheraton she sent me says Sheraton Vistana Fountains. Would that be a section. The Sheraton she says is less points. I have seen the HGVC and would like to give it a try, but she has to buy points for us to do that one. Has anyone stayed or tell me where I can get information on the "fountains" section of Sheraton?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
We are actually booked at Orange Lake for Christmas, but strictly a resort visit, with DC as the kids Xmas present. This is for our Feb/March trip she is looking for.
We will have a car. The Sheraton she sent me says Sheraton Vistana Fountains. Would that be a section. The Sheraton she says is less points. I have seen the HGVC and would like to give it a try, but she has to buy points for us to do that one. Has anyone stayed or tell me where I can get information on the "fountains" section of Sheraton?
Hey there greenclan67 ,

There's a ton of Vistana (Resort ... where the Fountains section is located) information here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2088957

bankr63 is a fellow Canuck who owns a unit there and is the thread's resident expert. If you have specific questions about the Fountains section that aren't answered in the thread, feel free to post 'em and I'm sure he will respond pretty quickly. FWIW, the Fountains section is on our short list of preferred sections for our August visit (our other sections of choice, based on our research so far, are Spas and Lakes).

If I were in your shoes, I would scratch Orange Lake off the list since you'll be there for Christmas. Its always fun to try something new.

If you are planning a SW visit on your March trip, then the HGVC at SeaWorld would offer you free Quick Queue and free transportation to SW & Aquatica, so that might be something to consider.

I notice Westgate was not on your list .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

yes at the Sheraton Vistana Resort - is a section called Fountains

there is also another timeshare called Fountains it is on ID.

never have stayed in Fountains - it is an older section that got a rehab a few years ago.

you definitely need a car with Orange Lake.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
greenclan67
Callie35

Oh Gina the Westgates could have been on that list.......if I was going strictly by price it is the cheapest amount of points she would have to use. I think we will give the Sheraton a try. I will kick myself if I really like Orange Lake at xmas and would like to go back. But I will also kick myself if I book it and have to go back and we didn't care for it. It is good to try something new like u said, but I also have a certain comfort level knowing where everything is at the resort. The only way Westgate will come into play would be if she cant get me and two other families in the same resort. Then we will try Westgate Lakes because of you.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
kiki02
DIS Veteran

a dear member of our family ADORES orange lake. goes back whenever humanly possible.

Quote:
Oh Gina the Westgates could have been on that list.......if I was going strictly by price it is the cheapest amount of points she would have to use. I think we will give the Sheraton a try. I will kick myself if I really like Orange Lake at xmas and would like to go back. But I will also kick myself if I book it and have to go back and we didn't care for it. It is good to try something new like u said, but I also have a certain comfort level knowing where everything is at the resort. The only way Westgate will come into play would be if she cant get me and two other families in the same resort. Then we will try Westgate Lakes because of you.
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL, I couldn't resist a little joke at Westgate's expense . I feel so bad that your March experience was so poor at Town Center when we had so much fun at Lakes. You just never know!!!

Can you change your resort after Christmas if you fall in love with Orange Lake? I am not familiar with how RCI works. Certainly Orange Lake has quite a neat waterpark onsite (something the Vistana Resort does not) but Vistana looks like their units are far superior now that the renos are all complete. Plus I think Vistana gets the nod for a better location to the parks. Both are rated very favourably on Tripadvisor.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
disneyshan
Mouseketeer

I've not stayed at any of the other ones, but just returned from a Hilton Grand Vacation at Seaworld trip. It was amazing. Walk to Seaworld in about 8 minutes. The rooms are great and your daughters will love the pool scene. I'm a lover of the chelsea premium outlets and the International location is directly besides them, which to me would be great cause I have young kids who go to bed early so I could have left hubby with them and walked, but not an issue with your age of children.

February 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort (first Disney Vacation at 27!); December 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 months pregnant with DS); January 2011 - POP (Mom and Me trip) ; May 2011 - AsSP (DS's first steps on his first Disney Vacation at 13 months); January 2012 - POFQ (5 months pregnant with DS#2) Cancelled due to Illness Booo!; April 2013 - First Trip with two children! Offsite (Hilton Grand Vacations Seaworld); April 2014 - Split stay. AKL and Offsite (HGVS);
disneyshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

My step-daughter likes the Sheraton Vistana. My husband and I prefer Orange Lake. We always rent a car so getting to Disney isn't a problem. We love all the things that Orange Lake has that Sheraton doesn't. Sometimes we just go and stay there. The grandkids love all the pools, lazy river, mini golf, etc.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
KingofSwing3000
Mouseketeer

Orange Lake is amazing. And has so much to offer.
KingofSwing3000 is offline   Reply With Quote