Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #31
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellena980 View Post
better to not place kids in the window seats.

Why not? Do you have a reason for posting this?
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #32
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

We always do the 2 in one row and 2 directly behind.
Both kids get a window seat and some time alone time with either Mom and Dad
Also found it was easier to communicate and pass things back and forth with DH. I sit directly behind DH.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #33
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Dad in the row with the two kids.

Mom in first class 20 rows away.

NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #34
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Well, in the past we flew AirTran and chose our seats and we did 2 and 2...however, now that Southwest has taken AirTran, we can't select our seats ahead so....we are praying for early seating so that we can sit 2 and 2...and there are us 3 friends flying in August and I pray once again we can sit together...first trip with the 3 of us and we have lots to chat about...we did pay extra for the early boarding but, again, we may not be able to do that...Good luck and happy flying...
Old 05-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
Jewel3k
Mouseketeer

We did across the aisle last time we flew. Next time it will be 2 rows, one in front and one behind. I spent the last flight making sure my little boys didn't accidentally touch the seat in front of us. Next time they will be bothering my husband and older daughter instead of strangers.
Jewel3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #36
samacita
Mouseketeer

For last month's trip, on the way there we did both kids at windows with mom/dad right beside in middle seat, 1 row behind the other. For the trip home, the kids decided they wanted to sit together and they agreed about seating arrangements, so we had DS2 at window, mom in middle, DD6 in aisle, and dad right across the aisle in the same row. Both worked equally well for us.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #37
samacita
Mouseketeer

Well, not *in* the aisle... Ha ha. DD was in the aisle *seat*, I meant to say...
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #38
eyeheartgoofy
DIS Veteran

When we first started flying we did the 2 - 2 arrangement with 2 window seats and a "stranger" in the aisle seat. I guess we figured it would be "easier" if each parent just had one child. But we quickly discovered how nice it is had to have an entire row to yourself, so we now do the 3 - 1 arrangement if the seats are 3 - 3 on the plane. It works well for us ... one takes the window on the way down and the other gets it on the way back. Sometimes the adult sits in the middle between the kids & sometimes the kids want to sit next to each other. There have been times when the second adult has been a row or two away from the 3 seats, but that's fine. As an adult, I find it much more comfortable to sit in the middle of my two kids than between my kid and another adult - more elbow room.

This year we flew on Allegiant and the plane had a 2 - 3 arrangement, so we did 2 -2 and sat behind each other.

I definitely prefer having the whole row to ourselves ... it's more relaxing.
eyeheartgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #39
Missy29
DIS Veteran

When we went last year my ds was about 2 and we figured he would kick the seat so I put dh an other ds in front of us so if he kicked the seat it would be family, but he didn't kick at all. Next year we will have 3 of us in one row and either my dh or I in the aisle seat across.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: