Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
Sorcette
Earning My Ears

Red face February Honeymoon

Hey all!

My name is Chrissy, I'm recently engaged! We are getting married on February 8th 2014, and tentatively planning a honeymoon at Disney.
But I have no clue as to where to begin! I've been to disney three times, in 91, in '94 and again in '09. The last time we were there we stayed at POP, the time before was the Swan. While I enjoyed POP, I don't see that as a "honeymoon resort". There's soooo much to do, and really so little time!
Any beginning pointers would be fabulous!

Thanks!
Chrissy
Sorcette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Congratulations!

I'd say to start with a list of all the things you know you want to do, places you want to eat, etc. Then see if you can distribute most of them throughout your trip in such a way that you have "break" days in between every few days of intensive park touring. We alternated with days at the pool/water parks or exploring other resorts.

Knowing generally where you want to spend most of your time can also help you choose a honeymoon resort. We stayed at 4 different resorts so that we could be close to certain parks during certain portions of our trip. If we'd just picked one, I think we would have gone with Beach Club because we like to spend most of our time at Epcot.

If you're looking for special activities to add to the honeymoon, do a search for threads about honeymoons on this board—there have been many threads full of ideas for everything from tours and recreation to private fireworks parties.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
ckrisie
Mouseketeer

Congrats on your engagement!

I would recommend looking at your budget and see what you are wanting to spend on your hotel, we didn't have a huge budget so we are renting points for DVC resorts, Old Key West and Boardwalk Villas. It is a nice resort without the deluxe price tag.

I would make a list of things you would want to do and places you want to eat.
There are a ton of fun things to do that are not at the parks.

I am planning on doing a carriage ride at POR, watching wishes from the Poly Beach and relaxing by the pool and exploring the resorts. Hopefully to make my DF want to come back and stay at other places

There are a lot of romantic things to do, I have been reading through this thread.

Good Luck
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your engagement!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
DisneyFF1124
Mouseketeer

Congrats on your engagement! DF and I were engaged in the MK last year and are returning to WDW for our Honeymoon in September. I second looking at your budget! It is hard to suggest a hotel because everyone's budget can be different. It sound like you've spent a little time at WDW but things change all the time! We're staying at BLT for the week of our honeymoon. Look at your budget and then check out the hotels and see where you want to stay! That's where I'd start!

In regards to activities you're picking such a great place. One could stay busy just going to the parks but there is so much more to do!! Carriage rides, fireworks cruises, special dinners, you certainly won't have a hard time finding stuff to do. Lots of ways to just relax and hang out too! You can be as busy or as relaxed as you want!!

Congrats again!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DisneyFF1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Congrats!

I'm also going on my Disney honeymoon soon! We were torn between the BWI and POR. In the end, POR won out because it was less expensive and freed up more spending money on our trip. I'll let you know how we like it once we return!!!

I bet you are as excited as I am!!!

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: