Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How long will the jury deliberate in the GUILT phase? VOTES ARE PUBLIC.
Up to 4 hours 2 2.60%
4 - 8 hours 10 12.99%
8 - 12 hours 26 33.77%
12 - 16 hours 10 12.99%
16 - 20 hours 8 10.39%
20 - 24 hours 8 10.39%
24 - 36 hours 6 7.79%
36 - 40 hours 2 2.60%
Over 40 hours 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #766
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
2 important things were brought up on After Dark on HLN, a resident was part of their AZ jury and she said that there are 2 Walmarts in the town that JA said she returned the gas can.. I hope JM is aware of that.

Lisa Bloom when answering a juror in the studio who said she wished JM had spent more time talking about the victim TA, Ms. Bloom an attorney said that JM knows what he is doing and he won't talk too much about TA because it could be grounds for an appeal if he overly discusses the victim attempting to gain sympathy from the jury..
Trust me if she had taken it to another one her defense team would have been all over it and brought in the other walmart with the proof. There is one and the next one is way out of the way and not in that town. I go to Monterey all the time. But they would have gotten the proof anyway to prove she did.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #767
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
Hmmm ... I wonder if that's why the DT didn't cross examine the worker from Walmart when she testified? ... Were they just planning on saying something during their closing to surprise everyone with instead? ... I don't know how it would be allowed if what they say isn't in evidence ... However, they can say it, JM can object, the Judge could sustain and strike it from the record, but the jury would have still heard it anyway ...

But ExPirate is correct ... I do believe that JA testified she returned it to the same Walmart where she purchased it and the original receipt shows the address ... And even if JA said her fog lifted and she actually remembered after testifying that, oops it was the other Walmart where she actually returned it , the DT still didn't produce any evidence of that at any time ... And they had an extra opportunity to do so with their surrebuttal ... I know I'm rambling, but I don't trust the DT and I overthink sometimes trying to figure out how they may try to circumvent things to use for their benefit (i.e., lie) ...

ETA ... OK, I thought about it some more ... Even if the DT tries something during their close, JM can still counter their claim in his rebuttal close and he can point out that it was just one more thing that JA and her team lied about - and the jury shouldn't be fooled by them ... Phew, ok, I'm good with that

ETA ... I'm back again ... Ok, she does testify she returned it to the same store in the same strip mall where she bought her Starbucks ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7anE...e_gdata_player
You can't bring in new evidence in closing. I made a comment on page 51 about the return. I did read if she is found guilty , during the area for what kind of sentence then they can introduce new evidence.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #768
Luv'sTink
DIS Veteran

I didn't really follow the CA trial. I have question about it though, was the media as adamant about CA being found guilty as they are about JA being found guilty?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #769
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Someone on WS posted that the second Walmart in Salinas didn't open until 2010 and a quick google confirms it:

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive...es-new-walmart

No way can Nurmi claim it was this other store.
Not two stores if you notice it says the prior address was on Davis st and is now located on N Main st. They built a new one and closed the old one.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #770
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

So DGD is napping and hopefully it will be a long one. If it's not she's going to be eating lunch watching Nurmi, with me pointing out to DGD the bad girl fake crying in the background. (DGD is 17 months old and can relate to fake crying. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by crz4mm2 View Post
DH's bday is tomorrow and he took a personal day today.....
I am hoping he has "stuff to do" outside

I watched HLN last night after I got home and will have it on today.

pigletgirl. have a good day.

I hope it isn't Nurmi either, but Willie ain't much better
Happy birthday to DH! May is a busy birthday month (me too, and two of my sibs). Just toss him a beer and a "Good boy!" every so often while he's working outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I have to ask if anyone else thought Willie looked like she threw a few back at lunch yesterday???

She really looked out of it.

Juan was great. I loved what he said about ALV. Hit the nail on the head with her, hope she was watching.

My heart broke for the Alexander family yesterday. I am afraid today they are going to once again hear a lot of untrue awful things about Travis.
I hope they are strong.
I hope ALV was watching too. (Altho that woman's going to have a stroke! ) I don't believe she deserves threats, but I do believe that she should suffer the wrath of JM for the bias that consumed her evaluations and testimony in defense of that brutal murderer, and the misguided attacks on Travis' reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Whew!! Well I'm 100% better, yay and I was looking forward to today, trial ending, my ds running his second car race. But I was awoken during the night by dh sick, he got what I had. And I know he's going to be pissed more that he can't go work on the racecar or might even miss being in the pits with ds at the race. Plus my birthday is sunday and I haven't even talked about where I want to go for dinner. Here's hoping and praying my dh gets better fast ( like in the next hour).
What a crappy time of year to be sick! Hope your DH feels better very soon so he can shower you with a fabulous birthday celebration on Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post

Could you imagine what a different case this would have been with her as judge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Someone on WS posted that the second Walmart in Salinas didn't open until 2010 and a quick google confirms it:

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive...es-new-walmart

No way can Nurmi claim it was this other store.
Well it's not Jodi's fault it wasn't built after 2008. (<---- Jodi logic.)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #771
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Whew!! Well I'm 100% better, yay and I was looking forward to today, trial ending, my ds running his second car race. But I was awoken during the night by dh sick, he got what I had. And I know he's going to be pissed more that he can't go work on the racecar or might even miss being in the pits with ds at the race. Plus my birthday is sunday and I haven't even talked about where I want to go for dinner. Here's hoping and praying my dh gets better fast ( like in the next hour).
I am glad you feel better. Praying your DH gets better.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #772
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

It's Tweet Time.

@WildAboutTrial 1m The Note Taker (juror 8) is here in court in the spot where Tri Color sat, by the wall, 3rd row back. #JodiArias
Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #773
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

OMG, I watch JJ all.of.the.freakin'.time!!!

THAT IS SOOOOOOOO WHAT SHE WOULD SAY!!!!!!!

Quote:

KAR

Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #774
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

crz4mm2

Happy birthday to your DH, hope you guys enjoy his day this weekend!!

Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #775
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
OMG, I watch JJ all.of.the.freakin'.time!!!

THAT IS SOOOOOOOO WHAT SHE WOULD SAY!!!!!!!

She needs to tell Nurmi to make his socks match also...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #776
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's Tweet Time.

@WildAboutTrial 1m The Note Taker (juror 8) is here in court in the spot where Tri Color sat, by the wall, 3rd row back. #JodiArias
Why don't these ex-jurors just stay home to watch this?
Nobody needs the distraction. Well Unless Nurmi called and asked him to come on down to distract people away from the psycho babble he is going to spew today.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #777
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Not two stores if you notice it says the prior address was on Davis st and is now located on N Main st. They built a new one and closed the old one.
Well crud, I was hoping that JM could cut Nurmi off at the pass if he tried to bring that in. Still, the killer herself said that she returned it to the store that she bought it from, so it would hard to now claim it was a different one. Unless, of course, her fog started before the murder.

On a different topic, after thinking about how JM really went after ALV yesterday I had initially speculated that the closed hearing the other week had to do with perjury charges against her. He really ripped her a new one in his closing. However, I'm wondering if the hearing had more to do about her billing hours. Didn't she admit on the stand that one time she evaluated the killer that she was also in Arizona for the wedding of one of her kids? I'm wondering if she's in trouble for something as simple as false billing charges. I can't wait until the trial is over and we find out what all of that was about.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #778
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING EVERYONE!!!

Are we ready for WILMA and NUMMY?

Not sure if this has been posted. Interesting clip about the gas cans. Its about 10 minutes long. Very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7anECy6Tyo

KAR

Old 05-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #779
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I noticed Nurmi's chair yesterday when he got up for some reason.
That poor chair needs to be retired when this case is over.
Its been completely destroyed.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #780
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Sounds like it's a realy circus today:

@WildAboutTrial 4s

@whoohah No he is on the other side of the courtroom from me. I smell scotch in here though.

Wild About Trial Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m

That inmate was not happy at all.. he was heard saying "mannn this is some bullsh--" as he walked out. #JodiArias

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: