Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How long will the jury deliberate in the GUILT phase? VOTES ARE PUBLIC.
Up to 4 hours 2 2.60%
4 - 8 hours 10 12.99%
8 - 12 hours 26 33.77%
12 - 16 hours 10 12.99%
16 - 20 hours 8 10.39%
20 - 24 hours 8 10.39%
24 - 36 hours 6 7.79%
36 - 40 hours 2 2.60%
Over 40 hours 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #751
bas71873
DIS Veteran

OY! A friend of mine from school, who has a PhD in Neuroscience (Motor Development) and is a professor at a prominent private university, just posted this on his FB page.....

"Whoa!!! This is unexpected. NIMH Director Thomas Insel says the DSM lacks validity and that patients with mental disorders deserve better.

http://mindhacks.com/2013/05/03/nati...doning-the-dsm

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 05-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #752
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I have to ask if anyone else thought Willie looked like she threw a few back at lunch yesterday???

She really looked out of it.

Juan was great. I loved what he said about ALV. Hit the nail on the head with her, hope she was watching.

My heart broke for the Alexander family yesterday. I am afraid today they are going to once again hear a lot of untrue awful things about Travis.
I hope they are strong.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #753
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I think I'm going to have to give you my cell phone number for when the verdict comes in. Has to do with my insomnia. I can sleep through a text, a tweet, but will hear my ringer (and the alarm, but that's not possible on a verdict) and jump up Go figure. Last night, I swear, I could not sleep. This was me at 5 am....

It may have to do with going through it myself...unfortunately, death penalty wasn't on the table, but I was there.....like the Alexander family is. It's awful. Awful. Our family had to go through 3!!!! Three murder trials, 3 different young men. Three other families in the hallway outside. Awful. Unfortunately, one was a minor and is out. The other 2 come up for parole pretty soon. Gotta go through it again. Twice and forever.

I hope she just gets put away for good. But for the family, she'll never be out of their lives. It's not over at the verdict. Sad, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Hey guys, just a heads up. My husband is taking tomorrow off and so I probably won't be on much. I don't want you to think otherwise! I will let you all know if the baby is coming, or someone will. I will try my best to get on but no guarantees. D you think I could convince him to watch with me??
Is he putting that crib together today, can we expect pictures of the crib later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz4mm2 View Post
DH's bday is tomorrow and he took a personal day today.....
I am hoping he has "stuff to do" outside

I watched HLN last night after I got home and will have it on today.

pigletgirl. have a good day.

I hope it isn't Nurmi either, but Willie ain't much better
Happy birthday to him, y'all celebrate tonight after 5 AZ time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
OY! A friend of mine from school, who has a PhD in Neuroscience (Motor Development) and is a professor at a prominent private university, just posted this on his FB page.....

"Whoa!!! This is unexpected. NIMH Director Thomas Insel says the DSM lacks validity and that patients with mental disorders deserve better.

http://mindhacks.com/2013/05/03/nati...doning-the-dsm
He probably means they need more specialized labels, it's a job security thing.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #754
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
2 important things were brought up on After Dark on HLN, a resident was part of their AZ jury and she said that there are 2 Walmarts in the town that JA said she returned the gas can.. I hope JM is aware of that.

Lisa Bloom when answering a juror in the studio who said she wished JM had spent more time talking about the victim TA, Ms. Bloom an attorney said that JM knows what he is doing and he won't talk too much about TA because it could be grounds for an appeal if he overly discusses the victim attempting to gain sympathy from the jury..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
It was brought up sort of with the idea that maybe KN will say it as a last ditch effort to muster up some reasonable doubt..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPirateShopGirl View Post
Jodi testified that she returned the gas can to the same walmart where she bought it. And the store number was on the receipt. Her defense attorney cannot say otherwise in his closing argument.
Hmmm ... I wonder if that's why the DT didn't cross examine the worker from Walmart when she testified? ... Were they just planning on saying something during their closing to surprise everyone with instead? ... I don't know how it would be allowed if what they say isn't in evidence ... However, they can say it, JM can object, the Judge could sustain and strike it from the record, but the jury would have still heard it anyway ...

But ExPirate is correct ... I do believe that JA testified she returned it to the same Walmart where she purchased it and the original receipt shows the address ... And even if JA said her fog lifted and she actually remembered after testifying that, oops it was the other Walmart where she actually returned it , the DT still didn't produce any evidence of that at any time ... And they had an extra opportunity to do so with their surrebuttal ... I know I'm rambling, but I don't trust the DT and I overthink sometimes trying to figure out how they may try to circumvent things to use for their benefit (i.e., lie) ...

ETA ... OK, I thought about it some more ... Even if the DT tries something during their close, JM can still counter their claim in his rebuttal close and he can point out that it was just one more thing that JA and her team lied about - and the jury shouldn't be fooled by them ... Phew, ok, I'm good with that

ETA ... I'm back again ... Ok, she does testify she returned it to the same store in the same strip mall where she bought her Starbucks ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7anE...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Brit17; 05-03-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #755
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Whew!! Well I'm 100% better, yay and I was looking forward to today, trial ending, my ds running his second car race. But I was awoken during the night by dh sick, he got what I had. And I know he's going to be pissed more that he can't go work on the racecar or might even miss being in the pits with ds at the race. Plus my birthday is sunday and I haven't even talked about where I want to go for dinner. Here's hoping and praying my dh gets better fast ( like in the next hour).
Old 05-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #756
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post

Is he putting that crib together today, can we expect pictures of the crib later?

Happy birthday to him, y'all celebrate tonight after 5 AZ time.

He probably means they need more specialized labels, it's a job security thing.
Thanks! He requested pizza (we've, well I have been on a diet so no pizza for quite some time). so we will do that tomorrow night

Old 05-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #757
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Whew!! Well I'm 100% better, yay and I was looking forward to today, trial ending, my ds running his second car race. But I was awoken during the night by dh sick, he got what I had. And I know he's going to be pissed more that he can't go work on the racecar or might even miss being in the pits with ds at the race. Plus my birthday is sunday and I haven't even talked about where I want to go for dinner. Here's hoping and praying my dh gets better fast ( like in the next hour).
Oh no! Those bugs are the worst and them spread like crazy, I hope he feels better soon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope everyone is better by Sunday so you can celebrate.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #758
crz4mm2

Quote:
Glad you are better. Happy early bday! Hope your DH is better quickly too.
What kind of races and or car?
DH has drag car (altered).

Old 05-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #759
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Oh no, that's the bad thing about the flu, one family member gets better and the other one gets it. Here's a wish for your birthday, that he gets better real quick.

Quote:
Thanks! He requested pizza (we've, well I have been on a diet so no pizza for quite some time). so we will do that tomorrow night
Days of a diet always makes pizza especially good.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #760
crz4mm2

Quote:

Days of a diet always makes pizza especially good.
That's true!! I went Gluten Free last nov soooo it's a bit of a challenge to find a good crust.

DH eats whatever (and doesn't follow the GF) so he's easy

Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #761
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Old 05-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #762
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
That's true!! I went Gluten Free last nov soooo it's a bit of a challenge to find a good crust.

DH eats whatever (and doesn't follow the GF) so he's easy
Does any major chain do a GF pizza? I would think that'd be a great selling point.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #763
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
Hmmm ... I wonder if that's why the DT didn't cross examine the worker from Walmart when she testified? ... Were they just planning on saying something during their closing to surprise everyone with instead? ... I don't know how it would be allowed if what they say isn't in evidence ... However, they can say it, JM can object, the Judge could sustain and strike it from the record, but the jury would have still heard it anyway ...

But ExPirate is correct ... I do believe that JA testified she returned it to the same Walmart where she purchased it and the original receipt shows the address ... And even if JA said her fog lifted and she actually remembered after testifying that, oops it was the other Walmart where she actually returned it , the DT still didn't produce any evidence of that at any time ... And they had an extra opportunity to do so with their surrebuttal ... I know I'm rambling, but I don't trust the DT and I overthink sometimes trying to figure out how they may try to circumvent things to use for their benefit (i.e., lie) ...

ETA ... OK, I thought about it some more ... Even if the DT tries something during their close, JM can still counter their claim in his rebuttal close and he can point out that it was just one more thing that JA and her team lied about - and the jury shouldn't be fooled by them ... Phew, ok, I'm good with that

ETA ... I'm back again ... Ok, she does testify she returned it to the same store in the same strip mall where she bought her Starbucks ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7anE...e_gdata_player
Someone on WS posted that the second Walmart in Salinas didn't open until 2010 and a quick google confirms it:

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive...es-new-walmart

No way can Nurmi claim it was this other store.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #764
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Someone on WS posted that the second Walmart in Salinas didn't open until 2010 and a quick google confirms it:

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive...es-new-walmart

No way can Nurmi claim it was this other store.
Cool ... Nothing to worry about then ...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #765
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: