Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How long will the jury deliberate in the GUILT phase? VOTES ARE PUBLIC.
Up to 4 hours 2 2.60%
4 - 8 hours 10 12.99%
8 - 12 hours 26 33.77%
12 - 16 hours 10 12.99%
16 - 20 hours 8 10.39%
20 - 24 hours 8 10.39%
24 - 36 hours 6 7.79%
36 - 40 hours 2 2.60%
Over 40 hours 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #736
Dee77
DIS Veteran

2 important things were brought up on After Dark on HLN, a resident was part of their AZ jury and she said that there are 2 Walmarts in the town that JA said she returned the gas can.. I hope JM is aware of that.

Lisa Bloom when answering a juror in the studio who said she wished JM had spent more time talking about the victim TA, Ms. Bloom an attorney said that JM knows what he is doing and he won't talk too much about TA because it could be grounds for an appeal if he overly discusses the victim attempting to gain sympathy from the jury..

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #737
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Hey guys, just a heads up. My husband is taking tomorrow off and so I probably won't be on much. I don't want you to think otherwise! I will let you all know if the baby is coming, or someone will. I will try my best to get on but no guarantees. D you think I could convince him to watch with me??

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #738
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
2 important things were brought up on After Dark on HLN, a resident was part of their AZ jury and she said that there are 2 Walmarts in the town that JA said she returned the gas can.. I hope JM is aware of that.

Lisa Bloom when answering a juror in the studio who said she wished JM had spent more time talking about the victim TA, Ms. Bloom an attorney said that JM knows what he is doing and he won't talk too much about TA because it could be grounds for an appeal if he overly discusses the victim attempting to gain sympathy from the jury..
Didn't JM know the Walmart JA bought them from because they had receipts?

So the Clerk was from THAT Walmart I thought. Hence the Clerk was able to research all the registers at the location and note that NO gas cans were returned!

And if there were TWO Walmarts I am so sure Wilma would have been on top of it had JM picked the wrong one.

KAR

Old 05-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #739
momrek06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Hey guys, just a heads up. My husband is taking tomorrow off and so I probably won't be on much. I don't want you to think otherwise! I will let you all know if the baby is coming, or someone will. I will try my best to get on but no guarantees. D you think I could convince him to watch with me??
Have fun, piglet, with your DH tomorrow!

KAR

Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #740
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

So the Clerk was from THAT Walmart I thought. Hence the Clerk was able to research all the registers at the location and note that NO gas cans were returned!

And if there were TWO Walmarts I am so sure Wilma would have been on top of it had JM picked the wrong one.

It was brought up sort of with the idea that maybe KN will say it as a last ditch effort to muster up some reasonable doubt..

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #741
momrek06

Quote:
It was brought up sort of with the idea that maybe KN will say it as a last ditch effort to muster up some reasonable doubt..
Oh bother.

KAR

Old 05-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #742
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:

Great.....

Still doesn't change my mind. The idea behind is much more damning.

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #743
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.

Jodi testified that she returned the gas can to the same walmart where she bought it. And the store number was on the receipt. Her defense attorney cannot say otherwise in his closing argument.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #744
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Say you need immediate bed rest. No, enjoy this time with your husband. Soak up every minute because soon, it will be hectic for a while...in a good way.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #745
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I think I'm going to have to give you my cell phone number for when the verdict comes in. Has to do with my insomnia. I can sleep through a text, a tweet, but will hear my ringer (and the alarm, but that's not possible on a verdict) and jump up Go figure. Last night, I swear, I could not sleep. This was me at 5 am....

It may have to do with going through it myself...unfortunately, death penalty wasn't on the table, but I was there.....like the Alexander family is. It's awful. Awful. Our family had to go through 3!!!! Three murder trials, 3 different young men. Three other families in the hallway outside. Awful. Unfortunately, one was a minor and is out. The other 2 come up for parole pretty soon. Gotta go through it again. Twice and forever.

I hope she just gets put away for good. But for the family, she'll never be out of their lives. It's not over at the verdict. Sad, isn't it?

How horrible. I'm so sorry. I can only imagine that you can just never get away from it in your own heads. The damage that evil does is so far reaching.
Quote:
VERY INSIGHTFUL post, Mike!

I still am not sure where I stand because like you, I have been a witness to soooooooo much more than the Jury. But if I was sitting on a Jury, could I sentence someone .... I just don't know. FOR JA, absolutely, LWOP for sure but then if I was on the Jury, gave JA LWOP and then saw that she never showed any remorse for Travis' death (which you see especially in the POLICE Tapes) and was profiting through her art, writing books etc I would probably be upset with my decision not to give her the DP. Because she committed one HORRIFIC murder. I just don't know. I just don't know.
The thing that concerns me is that the jury isn't choosing DEATH or LWOP...it's DEATH or LIFE. If it's LIFE, then the judge sentences to LWOP or LIFE, where she could be out in her early 40s, with time served. I do believe that the judge would choose LWOP, but who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
I didn't make it through all of JM's closing and got to the end of Travis' rainbow and then had to leave. When the picture was put up of either Travis' back or his neck, Willie had an extremely somber look wash over her face. I think listening to everything laid out in such a..real way, made Willie stop and think "Wow, I can't believe I'm defending this awful person". Of course it was gone within a few seconds.
I think Willie is thinking "Wow, that Juan is good. We've got to remind these jurors how horrible Travis really was." (Today.)
Quote:
You never know how soon you'll get alone time again! Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPirateShopGirl View Post
Jodi testified that she returned the gas can to the same walmart where she bought it. And the store number was on the receipt. Her defense attorney cannot say otherwise in his closing argument.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #746
wencherous
Mouseketeer

Oh my, finally caught up here and am watching yesterday's proceedings on YouTube. Stupid internet went out, was out pretty much all night.
I am leaving work early today on the premise that I have an appointment. Yes, I manipulated my boss
I really, really hope Nurmi doesn't do closing, it will take days :/
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #747
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

DH's bday is tomorrow and he took a personal day today.....
I am hoping he has "stuff to do" outside

I watched HLN last night after I got home and will have it on today.

pigletgirl. have a good day.

I hope it isn't Nurmi either, but Willie ain't much better

Old 05-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #748
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz4mm2 View Post
DH's bday is tomorrow and he took a personal day today.....
I am hoping he has "stuff to do" outside

I watched HLN last night after I got home and will have it on today.

pigletgirl. have a good day.

I hope it isn't Nurmi either, but Willie ain't much better
Happy birthday to your husband!! (I was singing that, just so you know)

Ya know, Willie's voice grates on my nerves to no end and I usually mute the sound or turn it reallllllllly low. When she's up there with her snarky, high pitched, whiny tone- I want nothing more than to have Nurmi up there. But then when Nurmi is up there...well I don't know, but they both have ways that can drive a person mad!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #749
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Happy birthday to your husband!! (I was singing that, just so you know)

Ya know, Willie's voice grates on my nerves to no end and I usually mute the sound or turn it reallllllllly low. When she's up there with her snarky, high pitched, whiny tone- I want nothing more than to have Nurmi up there. But then when Nurmi is up there...well I don't know, but they both have ways that can drive a person mad!
And you were doing a fine job of singing Thanks.

I agree with you. When she says "aright" that way she does, it drives me NUTS....
Nurmi is sooo drug out I can't stand him either.
Rock, meet hard place

Old 05-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #750
Dee77
DIS Veteran

I couldn't stand how Wilma mergerd the witnesses names without seeming like she said their whole name including her own witnesses...like Ms.Violet... there was no reference to LA Violet.. And Dr. DeMarte was much the same..

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: