Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How long will the jury deliberate in the GUILT phase? VOTES ARE PUBLIC.
Up to 4 hours 2 2.60%
4 - 8 hours 10 12.99%
8 - 12 hours 26 33.77%
12 - 16 hours 10 12.99%
16 - 20 hours 8 10.39%
20 - 24 hours 8 10.39%
24 - 36 hours 6 7.79%
36 - 40 hours 2 2.60%
Over 40 hours 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #2851
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I've LIVED with a person like this...my sister. It's awful for everyone. I cut her out of my life 3 years ago. My biggest regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
I had a roommate like that. She had no accountability whatsoever. I had to leave the situation.

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #2852
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've LIVED with a person like this...my sister. It's awful for everyone. I cut her out of my life 3 years ago. My biggest regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
I agree. Someone I know was like this. He caused all kinds of issues for years by playing family members against each other and eliciting sympathy through manipulation and lies. He created major family division until he gradually burned everybody, and they began to see through him. He moved from one community to another, one job to another, one church to another and was able to do his song and dance over and over until people finally caught on. It can be pretty scary to see somebody like this up close.

Interestingly, he has always been very much of a chameleon changing to fit into wherever he was. It was so odd to hear Jodi described the same way, but I can definitely see the similarity.

Mare, the family members of the man I mentioned felt the same as you. While they regretted that things were as they were, their lives improved dramatically once he was no longer a part of it (and, yes, EVERYTHING in his entire life was somebody else's fault).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #2853
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
The other question was I think "What would you do differently" and I agree with you completely about her response and what it should have been.
Correction. The question was..."If you had to do this all over again, you're in the desert, you notice you have blood on your hands...how do you handle it?" And her answer was "I'd turn around and drive to the Mesa Police Department." And he asked "And what do you think would have happened then?" And she said "I don't know, but it would have been the right thing."

Old 05-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #2854
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Correction. The question was..."If you had to do this all over again, you're in the desert, you notice you have blood on your hands...how do you handle it?" And her answer was "I'd turn around and drive to the Mesa Police Department." And he asked "And what do you think would have happened then?" And she said "I don't know, but it would have been the right thing."

Yes, that was the question. I thought she was going to say she would have killed herself (remember the interview with the police officer - "If I killed Travis, I would BEG for the death penalty."), but she didn't say that at all. She's just thinking it might have "played" better if she had done it that way - probably would have scratched herself up, etc.

She's just talking like always. She knows it was premeditated, but she will NEVER admit it.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #2855
WPack911
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
Truthfully, I think she's shocked and angry. Someone on HLN just made reference to her "dancing with words" and "passive agressive" comments. I think that's what she's doing. She's mad, and she's "punishing" people by saying she wants to be dead after this injustice that has been done to her. She is so incredibly narcissitic that she cuts off her own nose to spite her face. JMHO
This is a really good point, she could be doing this just to try a deprive the people of a feeling of ultimate justice if she does get DP, I don't buy her BS though.

What do Willie and Nurmi do now though? Do they try to get Life in prison for a client that has said she would rather take Death? I guess they really have no choice huh? It is the proverbial rock and a hard place!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #2856
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPack911 View Post

This is a really good point, she could be doing just to to try a drive the people of a feeling of ultimate justice if she does get DP, I don't buy her BS though.

What do Willie and Nurmi do now though? Do they try to get Life in prison for a client that has said she would rather take Death? I guess they really have no choice huh? It is the proverbial rock and a hard place!
They'll pull anything!

Watched her talk about her family... Boy you think she knows she screwed up?

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #2857
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is a really good point, she could be doing just to to try a drive the people of a feeling of ultimate justice if she does get DP, I don't buy her BS though.

That's what I think. They have no choice but would like to choke her I'm sure. I suspect that this is one of those "9 out of 10 days".
Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #2858
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Interesting point just made on HLN that the defense might try to use the border line personality diagnosis made by the prosecution's witness as a mitigating factor (said no way ALV was getting anywhere close to the stand again ).
Old 05-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #2859
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Do you all believe this whole "I prefer death over life in prison" stuff from Jodi?

Or do you think it is just a misdirection ploy by her? Jodi thinking "If I say I prefer death maybe they will give me life instead?"
It is reverse psychology. Hoping that Juan will play this tape and the Jurors do the opposite. She doesn't want to die.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #2860
TomorrowlandFamily
Mouseketeer

Just saw Jose Baez interviewed!

Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #2861
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
It is reverse psychology. Hoping that Juan will play this tape and the Jurors do the opposite. She doesn't want to die.
I think you are right. I don't think she would try to kill herself either.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #2862
WPack911
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
They'll pull anything!

Watched her talk about her family... Boy you think she knows she screwed up?
I don't think she knows she is screwed up really in a way, I think she thinks she is justified in whatever she does because she sees herself as better or worth more then others.

She can't IMO really put herself in other's shoes so to speak either because of this. That is why IMO she has little to no remorse for anyone or anything but herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
That's what I think. They have no choice but would like to choke her I'm sure. I suspect that this is one of those "9 out of 10 days".
Oh I think that "9 out of 10" just turned into 10 out of 10!

Last edited by WPack911; 05-09-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #2863
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Did anyone watch ERIN BURNETT tonight on CNN!

Erin had an Attorney on stating that JODES saying she wants the Death Penalty is the highest degree of manipulation on the Jury by JA.

ITA!

So I have watched CNN all night; PM, AC and now Erin! They all covered the JA case! Every Legal Beagle they had on said they NEVER EVER EVER have seen an interview done by a convict immediately following the reading of the verdict like today. NEVER.

Erin said JODES had full makeup on for that interview.

Erin said it has cost to date the state of AZ 1.7million to try this case.

KAR

Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #2864
WPack911
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
So you believe what I was thinking at first then too, that she is play reverse psychology! I think Jodi plays life and others like pawns on a chess board. She has just been put in Check and this is last ditch effort to avoid Checkmate.

It also could partly be that she does not want to give people the satisfaction of feeling that she is getting true Justice if she is put to death, seeing through her ruse though if she does get death I will still feel every bit as satisfied that true justice was served.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #2865
WPack911
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Did anyone watch ERIN BURNETT tonight on CNN!

Erin had an Attorney on stating that JODES saying she wants the Death Penalty is the highest degree of manipulation on the Jury by JA.

ITA!

So I have watched CNN all night; PM, AC and now Erin! They all covered the JA case! Every Legal Beagle they had on said they NEVER EVER EVER have seen an interview done by a convict immediately following the reading of the verdict like today. NEVER.

Erin said JODES had full makeup on for that interview.

Erin said it has cost to date the state of AZ 1.7million to try this case.
She did have make-up on, even had on lipstick!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: