Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How long will the jury deliberate in the GUILT phase? VOTES ARE PUBLIC.
Up to 4 hours 2 2.60%
4 - 8 hours 10 12.99%
8 - 12 hours 26 33.77%
12 - 16 hours 10 12.99%
16 - 20 hours 8 10.39%
20 - 24 hours 8 10.39%
24 - 36 hours 6 7.79%
36 - 40 hours 2 2.60%
Over 40 hours 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #1546
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Hugs and Kisses and love to all my friends, thank you so much for the hugs!

RE: VERDICT ALERT

So, I finally figured out my twitter account. I fixed it. I'm following @WildAboutTrial and my phone has been going off nonstop! Shopping suggestions and some tweets I just don't understand. So I think I'm going to stay with HLN reporters. My best bet is with Beth Karas. Don't you think?

But I saw Jodi's tweets! Unbelievable.

Today on HLN site, there is a video posted today "Life on death row: What Jodi Arias Could Expect" I saw it on my twitter page. There's also some talk about a laptop stolen? From a pyschologist. Dr. Demarte told police she had her laptop stolen with all her info on the Arias case 2 weeks before her testimony...well, looks like there are many freaks on twitter now. I wouldn't believe it.

I tried to copy...my computer is old. I hope someone can. Thank you!

ETA: On a funny side, I found my DS20's twitter page. LOL. He came home this week end..I've been busy cooking for him. So I see this: "Good to be home. I miss hearing my sister get mad and throw her xbox controller and missed her giggles." Hee.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 05-05-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #1547
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Can you only get alerts on the phone? Can you get them on a ipad or computer?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #1548
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
There's also some talk about a laptop stolen? From a pyschologist. Dr. Demarte told police she had her laptop stolen with all her info on the Arias case 2 weeks before her testimony...well, looks like there are many freaks on twitter now. I wouldn't believe it.

I tried to copy...my computer is old. I hope someone can. Thank you!
Hee.
Quote:
PHOENIX - A key witness in the Jodi Arias case called Phoenix Police Wednesday morning to report her home was broken into and burglarized. We're told key information in the case may have been stolen.

Dr. Janeen Demarte is an expert witness for the prosecution. Sources tell us her laptop was stolen. In that laptop was a psychological profile of Jodi Arias.

Exclusive video shows of Dr. Demarte outside of her home, talking to investigators. Demarte is a clinical psychologist who evaluated Jodi Arias. She is scheduled to be a key rebuttal witness for the prosecution in the case.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21...me-burglarized

Old 05-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #1549
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
I have also decided to hold a moment of silence for Travis at 7pm my time. There is a memorial service in PHX at 5pm tomorrow and I find this is something I am passionate about. If any of you would like to join, that would be wonderful! Justice for Travis!!
I will. We are in same time zone

Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #1550
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Here's something from a local station in Phoenix:

Quote:
PHOENIX -- Could you live in a room 12 feet by 7 feet, or call an 86 square foot studio home?

On top of tiny living quarters you would only get to leave your cell for six hours a week.

Those few hours you would be allowed to exercise inside a fenced in pen similar to something at an animal shelter.

3TV took a look inside death row at the Perryville Women's Prison in Goodyear, west of Phoenix.

If prosecutor Juan Martinez gets his way, accused boyfriend killer Jodi Arias will be sent to the prison’s death row.

The 33-year-old would join three other women on the row inside the Lumley unit for death row inmates.

Maximum custody inmates get a toilet, sink, bed and mattress.

They can buy from the commissary hygiene items, two appliances, two books and writing materials.

Death row inmates can't talk to other inmates. They get three showers a week and they eat alone in their cells.

Visitors are allowed, but no touching, and phone calls are limited to ten minutes twice a week.
http://www.azfamily.com/news/3TV-tak...206054551.html

Old 05-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #1551
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Was it mentioned on Friday what time the jury will start deliberations on Monday? ... Or does the jury get to decide their own schedule? ... I hope they start at 9am and go until 4:30pm (or later if allowed), unlike the judge's court hours during the trial (whenever am - 4:30pm) ...

Oh, and I hope they order take out for lunch ... No need to waste time by leaving the building ... But I will allow them 30 mins to eat, however, I'd prefer If they ate while they deliberated ... and they may have two 15 minute breaks - one in the morning and one in the afternoon ... However, personally, I don't know how they can even make it to their first 15 minute break, let alone lunchtime, without having come up with their verdict already -- 1st Degree Premeditation Felony Murder ... It's a no-brainer to me ... (and I'm going with the Felony charge too because I believe JM proved that also) ... I just really hope that it's as easy for the jurors to decide their verdict as it was for me ...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #1552
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post

The 3 showers only allowed a week would totally freak me out ... well, all of those conditions would freak me out quite honestly ... But if she did the crime (which she did), she has to do the time ... Maybe she should have thought about that before stealing the gun, borrowing/buying the gas cans, renting the car, dying her hair, taking off the license plates, "losing" her cellphone, entering TA's house, and BEFORE administering that initial stab/gun shot wound (whichever came first) ... And let's not forget, she did drive how many miles? - allowing her ample time to contemplate, reflect and change her mind - which, apparently, she did not ... And hopefully, the jury will see it the same way as I, and most of us, do ... Fingers crossed ...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #1553
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
Was it mentioned on Friday what time the jury will start deliberations on Monday? ... Or does the jury get to decide their own schedule? ... I hope they start at 9am and go until 4:30pm (or later if allowed), unlike the judge's court hours during the trial (whenever am - 4:30pm) ...

Oh, and I hope they order take out for lunch ... No need to waste time by leaving the building ... But I will allow them 30 mins to eat, however, I'd prefer If they ate while they deliberated ... and they may have two 15 minute breaks - one in the morning and one in the afternoon ... However, personally, I don't know how they can even make it to their first 15 minute break, let alone lunchtime, without having come up with their verdict already -- 1st Degree Premeditation Felony Murder ... It's a no-brainer to me ... (and I'm going with the Felony charge too because I believe JM proved that also) ... I just really hope that it's as easy for the jurors to decide their verdict as it was for me ...
I like your time schedule, you should have been the judge in this case.

The jury gets to set their time schedule, but the judge has to approve and some of that approval comes from above her like working on Saturdays or late into the night.

In the event HLN is keeping a running clock from Friday thru the weekend, I say we should start our clock whenever the jury reconvenes adding or subtracting that hour for what they did Friday before leaving for the weekend. We need a ticker. I wonder if they took an initial ballot before leaving on Friday. I hope they chose a good foreman.

A friend of mine was a foreman on a murder case some years ago. Right after they chose her, she called for a raising of the hands for a guilty verdict and raised her hand. They filled out the paperwork and returned a verdict of guilty within the hour.

And I still need to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
The 3 showers only allowed a week would totally freak me out ... well, all of those conditions would freak me out quite honestly ... But if she did the crime (which she did), she has to do the time ... Maybe she should have thought about that before stealing the gun, borrowing/buying the gas cans, renting the car, dying her hair, taking off the license plates, "losing" her cellphone, entering TA's house, and BEFORE administering that initial stab/gun shot wound (whichever came first) ... And let's not forget, she did drive how many miles? - allowing her ample time to contemplate, reflect and change her mind - which, apparently, she did not ... And hopefully, the jury will see it the same way as I, and most of us, do ... Fingers crossed ...
She thought she was gonna get away with it.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #1554
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

They had to pick a foreman. I think they left before 4:30 didn't they?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #1555
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Pretty sure they did. I am thinking tomorrow we will have an answer!

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #1556
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Quote:
I hope you're right.

If she's found guilty of 1st degree premeditated, I wonder how long they'll give both sides to prepare for the penalty phase, I hope we get to hear that.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #1557
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like your time schedule, you should have been the judge in this case.

The jury gets to set their time schedule, but the judge has to approve and some of that approval comes from above her like working on Saturdays or late into the night.

In the event HLN is keeping a running clock from Friday thru the weekend, I say we should start our clock whenever the jury reconvenes adding or subtracting that hour for what they did Friday before leaving for the weekend. We need a ticker. I wonder if they took an initial ballot before leaving on Friday. I hope they chose a good foreman.

A friend of mine was a foreman on a murder case some years ago. Right after they chose her, she called for a raising of the hands for a guilty verdict and raised her hand. They filled out the paperwork and returned a verdict of guilty within the hour.

And I still need to vote.

She thought she was gonna get away with it.
I haven't voted in the poll yet either ... One of the reasons is, like you said, I don't know if HLN's clock will include lunches, breaks, weekends, etc., and I should also consider those hours into my vote ...

I like the way your friend handled the case she was on ... No BS ... Went in there, took a vote, and bam - it was done ... I wonder if this jury did take a vote on Friday? ... I'm hoping they did and it was unanimous, guilty 1st degree premeditation murder, but they just decided to think about over the weekend (for appearance sake ) and announce it first thing Monday morning ...

And yes, JA thought she would get away with it ... She is Einstein, dontcha know ...
Old 05-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #1558
Disney_Dreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope the jury doesn't decide until I'm home from chaperoning a field trip. I don't want to miss anything! Even a text alert isn't good enough for me.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #1559
beachdodrun
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Very informative. Thank you for posting UR . I keep forgetting Phoenix would probably post more details in their closeness to the trial and I should check their websites more. I think this 8 x 12 cell would be appropriate for JA and would no doubt end much of her happy singing and posturing and offering smug smiles while there
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #1560
beachdodrun
Mouseketeer

[IMG][/IMG]I will pose a question as food for thought. When do you think the thoughts in JA mind truly switched from " I don't think they will convict me of 1st degree" to "oh crap, this isn't looking good at all, this jury very well possibly, and probably, will sentence me to death" ?
I think she was fully confident while testifying. I think she remained pretty confident while the DT presented her defense with a few potential holes (potential PTSD and DV). But once JM started she still remained pretty confident. I think she still thought the state only had vague circumstantial evidence. I sort of thought all wind was removed from JA's sails approx. 10 minutes into JM closing arguments. Once she saw JM saw the complete picture and put everything into sequence. The evidence proving she wanted no evidence of being in AZ (3 gas cans and cell turned off and license plates removed and hair dyed). I think she hoped for all hope that Nurmi may put some doubt in the jurors mind with his closing statement. She had to know 15-20 minutes into Nurmi's closing she had fooled no one. They had her number. Thje jurors now knew she lied to their face while sitting 10' from them on numerous occasions. The one and only hope in her thoughts (just as for her DT) that they pray for 1 strong independent defying hold out sympathetic liberal juror. I want to believe in our justice system that the 10 or 11 pragmatic jurors can sway any hold outs to see the obvious facts and do their sworn obligation for society
And I believe JA will make one more defying move to the jurors. I believe she will arrive in court for the final verdict without wearing her glasses (also looking her best with a little provocative sexy thrown in for good measure). She will know wearing or not wearing, her verdict is already on paper...and she will want to make a silent statement to the jurors that she doesn't need glasses , never needed glasses, and that she confidently played them, "so, take that jurors, whatever you sentence me to"

Last edited by beachdodrun; 05-05-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: