Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Moms?

I want to send my mom and mother in law something for Mothers Day, but what to send? Sharis Berrries? Godiva or Ghiradelli? Flowers? I know my mom would love the berries or chocolate but my husband is not much help with his mom. What is everyone sending their moms? Moms, what do you like to get?
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
I want to send my mom and mother in law something for Mothers Day, but what to send? Sharis Berrries? Godiva or Ghiradelli? Flowers? I know my mom would love the berries or chocolate but my husband is not much help with his mom. What is everyone sending their moms? Moms, what do you like to get?
Any of those things are the normal gift for Mothers Day.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

I just want to say that I've had a few batches of Sherrie's Berries where the berries aren't very ripe or they are mushy. Kind of a disappointment. But I have had batches that are fine so it's real hit or miss. For that reason, I won't order them anymore.

What do you know about your MIL? Does she even like/covet chocolate? What are her interests? Does she read? Like Starbucks? Cupcakes?

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Is she into baths? I sent my mil stuff from L'occitane

They have free shipping on over $25 orders right now. I know I would prefer something to use vs. Eat. And fancy soaps, lotions, bath gels are right up my alley.

My Mil loved the Shea butter I got her. She has very dry skin.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Kimberle
WL Vet

I generally use the Popcornfactory.com. I've sent their stuff to many people, and everyone loves it. They do have chocolate covered popcorn. .
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
elfling8
Mouseketeer

I usually send Mom and MIL flowers, and my grandmother cookies from dancing deer https://www.dancingdeer.com/
I send the cookies to the Dads/Grandfather on father's day, and my grandmother was eating all his cookies, so I figured she gets enough flowers and I'd get her cookies too

Me DH
DD10 DS8
elfling8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Pooh Crew
DIS Veteran

I love getting stuff from pajamagram. Their quality is excellent, very comfy.

I've gotten Sherri's berries before and was NOT impressed. Half of them were smushed or mushy. I do not recommend.
Pooh Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

What would I like? A gift basket with different things is always nice...(not a fan of the cookies or fruit arrangements on a stick).

Harry and David
Fiji's
Spa Basket
or...

I would not turn down an item from Williams Sonoma. I have a wish list on Pinterest.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Someone brought up Jean Nate on a thread not too long ago. I think I'm going to pick some up for my mother and MIL. I believe WalMart still sells it.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

I prefer flowers over chocolate. I rarely buy myself flowers and I'd rather only have a piece or two of chocolate around at a time.

My favorite thing to get for mothers day is jewelry or something to do with a hobby, such as paints, canvas, specialty papers, etc. My least favorite thing to get is something for the house (unless my child has made it).

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Someone brought up Jean Nate on a thread not too long ago. I think I'm going to pick some up for my mother and MIL. I believe WalMart still sells it.
Oh, I do like perfume for MD, too! Only if they know my favorite scents, though.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #12
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Belle View Post
Oh, I do like perfume for MD, too! Only if they know my favorite scents, though.
Yeah, me too, for myself - I only use one scent. I just know that many women of the older generation love Jean Nate! We always had it around the house. I hadn't thought of it in years till someone brought it up. My mother's kind of hard to buy for, as is MIL right now (she's ill), so I think it's something they'll both enjoy.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Not sure if this would be appropriate for you but the gift my mother most loved was a a fresh floral corsage that she could wear to church on Mother's Day. I couldn't be there with her as I live 8 hours away and we both knew there would be lots of families together and special recognition for moms that day. I had a local florist deliver it the day before and I phoned her to make sure she got it and we did our XOX over the phone before she headed out.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandannette View Post
Not sure if this would be appropriate for you but the gift my mother most loved was a a fresh floral corsage that she could wear to church on Mother's Day. I couldn't be there with her as I live 8 hours away and we both knew there would be lots of families together and special recognition for moms that day. I had a local florist deliver it the day before and I phoned her to make sure she got it and we did our XOX over the phone before she headed out.
That is a wonderful idea. I have to think on that.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
Keli
We're smarter than the average bear!
I would scrap everyday if I could
What do you think? You were raised in a barn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandannette View Post
My brother and sister in law do this for my mom every year and I know she really likes it. I think she would be very disappointed if they ever bought her something else, lol!

1981-The early years. 2011-The not-so-early years
Keli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: