Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
fernandorickson
Earning My Ears

Walts or Blue Lagoon?

Hi all! Its only 48days now until my GF and I head to DLP for our 3year anniversary, its her first time outside of Ireland so I'm looking ideas on how to make the stay as special as possible I'm 50/50 between booking a table at Blue Lagoon or Walt's, I remember eating at the Blue Lagoon years ago when I was a kid but cant remember how good the food was, the only thing that comes to mind is the tropical atmosphere and people waving from the bypassing pirate ships Based on previous experience would anyone recommend one these restaurants? Or this is another that I don't know about thats just as good/better? Thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

I have only eaten at Blue Lagoon. Found it very enjoyable, and yes we waved at the boats!
Neither are cheap, to be honest we chose it because we wanted to dine somewhere special, it's our autistic son's favourite ride and we felt it was a bit less claustrophobic than the pictures I have seen of Walts.

We took a few photos:
Julie's Creme Brulee dessert

My banana dessert - sorry can't remember the exact name

A couple more (not very good, it was dark pictures)

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

i think it all depends on the sort of food you like. personally i prefer walts but i don't really eat fish.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Yum!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

These are my favorite restaurants! You really can't go wrong with either!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #6
bonhoga
DIS Veteran

hi, I agree that you really can't go wrong with either although I do prefer the food in Walts, but maybe the atmosphere slightly more in Blue lagoon if that helps?
have a lovely anniversary whichever you decide on

K

bonhoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfanswicklow View Post
These are my favorite restaurants! You really can't go wrong with either!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonhoga View Post
hi, I agree that you really can't go wrong with either although I do prefer the food in Walts, but maybe the atmosphere slightly more in Blue lagoon if that helps?

Agree with both the above!

Is your GF into all the Disney history and memorabilia ? If so, she'd probably really appreciate going to Walt's. If she's not into that so much then I'd choose Blue Lagoon as it's a more romantic setting.

Enjoy, wherever you choose!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
fernandorickson
Earning My Ears

Thnks a million for the advice guys really appreciate it Loved the pictures too JohnnySharp2, those deserts looked delicious! I think we'll end up going to the Blue Lagoon as its a much more romantic venue, but the GF and I both love the history of all things Disney, so im hoping we can squeeze in a trip to Walt's as well heard nothing but good reviews about both, can't wait should be a trip to remember
Old 05-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

I actually think Walts is more romantic - very few children eat here and its more a "adult" setting. I love eating there with my Pirate and look forward to on our anniversary again :-) (But POTC is a family favourite ride and we love waving at the diners!)

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #10
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandorickson
Thnks a million for the advice guys really appreciate it Loved the pictures too JohnnySharp2, those deserts looked delicious! I think we'll end up going to the Blue Lagoon as its a much more romantic venue, but the GF and I both love the history of all things Disney, so im hoping we can squeeze in a trip to Walt's as well heard nothing but good reviews about both, can't wait should be a trip to remember
Well that's a good solution....go to both x enjoy!

Jo Olivia
Old 05-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #11
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

Walts all the way for us, the food is just second to none compared to other establishments. We also love the quiet setting it has and the over-look over main-street USA.

Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & two friends (one a first timer!) in February
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (11) at Christmas in December Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me & Mum in June Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2012 - Cast: Me, Mum, Sister and a well-aged friend! at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & A friend's first visit on my first Halloween trip in October!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 5 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (9) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me & Mum for my 24th Birthday in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) in our First Family Trip in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2008 - Cast: Me & Friend in My First Trip in March!
JustJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #12
Willem
Need Magic?

Usually Walts has better food and service, it's still a bit more upscale. Lost month I tried the new menu at Blue Lagoon. I was disappointed in the service. The menu was 60EUR and they didn't even give me a new fork or knife for my main course. The decor is nice and romantic though :-)

Disneyland Paris +150 visits
WDW July/August 2013
DCL Magic July 2011
Disneyland Anaheim July 2010
WDW August 2008
DCL Wonder August 2008
Tokyo Disneyland August 2007
Disneyland Anaheim August 2006
WDW August 2004
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
rockcow
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when Walt's is open for lunch? We are going to DLP on a Mon -Wed. Unfortunately since Walt's is closed our first 2 days our only option is Wed. But we have to head back to Paris late Wed. I tried to book lunch but they said they aren't open for lunch. So bummed. No Space Mountain, No Walt's. How come the info on dining says they are open for lunch time but then they are not? So confusing.
rockcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

I thought they were open for lunch every day that they are open????? Have had lunch here on a Wednesday!!!! Hope you get it sorted!

Jo Olivia
Old 05-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #15
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcow View Post
Does anyone know when Walt's is open for lunch? We are going to DLP on a Mon -Wed. Unfortunately since Walt's is closed our first 2 days our only option is Wed. But we have to head back to Paris late Wed. I tried to book lunch but they said they aren't open for lunch. So bummed. No Space Mountain, No Walt's. How come the info on dining says they are open for lunch time but then they are not? So confusing.
When I tried to book our meals at concierge on the day we arrived, I was told that Walt's was not open for lunch and was fully booked for dinner. Yet when we walked past at lunch time it looked open?
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: