Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
Things I would recommend based on your location:
Thank you so much for all the links and information! Unfortunately it looks like the Palomar Observatory is closed Memorial Weekend when we're there. That looked really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane View Post
The seals live here year-round but La Jolla Cove is where I recommend you go if you want to see a lot of them. I'm on my phone so can't link but google "La Jolla Harbor Seal Webcam" and see them!!!
I googled and yes there are a lot of seals there! I think we will plan a drive down and check it out. I know the kids would love to see a beach full of wild seals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
http://www.danawharf.com/whalewatch.html

Check the whale sightings here. I highly recommend them and plan on going out again this summer. Easy to find and parking was free.
They say gray whale season is over but the blue whales are starting to appear.

We went out in August and saw fin whales, blue whales and lots of dolphins. I enjoyed the 2 hour trip so much that we went again the following week.
There are sea lions just outside of the harbor.

If you have a Tuesday free it's half price trips. We ate at the place at the end of the pier overlooking the water. Food was pretty good. View was great with lots of paddle boards, boats and bird watching.
I have bookmarked this site. Thank you. It does look like the blue whale season would be in effect. There is a cruise that Friday night for only $25 instead of $45 so maybe we'll check that out!

Thank you everyone for your great tips and advice. It has been very, very helpful!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: