Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
cathy0813
Earning My Ears

Nov 2014 Trip when to plan

Hi Everyone,

My question is I have the dates we would like to go back to Disney but not sure when to book our trip. I have spoken with our travel agent and she advises us to wait until August to book the trip due to packages and promo rates. The last time we went we booked 3 months out and got some great deals. Im just wondering if we book everything do they do a rate adjustment? Or should I just wait until august?

I always heard the earlier you book airfare the cheaper it is? is this true?

Thanks everyone
cathy0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
goofystitchfan
SSR Owners

The airline will credit you the difference, however it goes into an account with them to be used within a period of time. Truthfully we go away several time a year and never use a TA. I always book airlines as soon as they come out. The earlier the better! Example: We are going to WDW in April, when I booked our air (which is when Jetblue had them out in July) we paid approximately $500/rt. p/p. Right now the same ticket (and has been for several months) is $1800/rt p/p.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
cathy0813
Earning My Ears

thank you

the only place we travel right now is Disney. I just checked airfare and it is about 151 a ticket I am hoping to book the airfare this weekend so to lock in the cheaper rates. I have used the travel agent from AAA since you also get an overall discount on the package. I am waiting to hear back on rates. When we went last yr the package was rooms at 70/night upgraded meal plan(free) and 7 day park hopper with airfare the total package ran me 2900.00 I am trying to stay within the same price range.
cathy0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy0813 View Post
the only place we travel right now is Disney. I just checked airfare and it is about 151 a ticket I am hoping to book the airfare this weekend so to lock in the cheaper rates. I have used the travel agent from AAA since you also get an overall discount on the package. I am waiting to hear back on rates. When we went last yr the package was rooms at 70/night upgraded meal plan(free) and 7 day park hopper with airfare the total package ran me 2900.00 I am trying to stay within the same price range.
Wow! that sounds like quite a deal to me! How many people were in your party? And when did you go? I just started kicking around Nov. instead of Oct or May since the weather is still warm and it is a slower time to go.
Mickfarland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #5
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

We already rented points and booked our room for our November 2014 trip. I will buy flight tix when we figure out where we will be flying from. Just a heads up, flight schedules change monthly and that is a risk you have to weigh in when buying tickets so far out. It could potentially change your plans because of arrival/departure times. Ours last year changed 3 times with Delta.
momofmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #6
vdoucet78
Mouseketeer

We always book as soon as we know our dates. We booked our Dec trip this year in April and booked our October trip for next year in December. If you book a package you have until 45 days out to cancel or make changes and 5 days out with a room only. When promotions come out in August you can have Disney apply it to your reservation or change your dates or resort to fit the promotion. We've done that before. Idk about airline tickets, we don't fly often.
12/13 Port Orleans Riverside - Alligator Bayou
12/14 Caribbean Beach Resort
vdoucet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #7
nadira36
DIS Veteran

We book our trip as soon as we know we might go. If plans change, not a big deal to change things. If a deal comes out? not a big deal to apply it. Though some agents won't - and I've yet to find one that will check for you.

Right now we're debating between Sept and Dec - as soon as we decide, we book.

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children2014 POR/AKL CL split stay 9 nights 2 adults 4 children plus guests
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

We book as soon as we know our dates. The prices can always go up but if your room is booked they can't change your price. They can always adjust your package if a deal comes up. Mine has. I've even changed resorts. I use AAA.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: