Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
happyleesh
Mouseketeer

Find an equally great resort?

So we're booking on Friday and deciding on which resort to stay at. We stayed at POFQ and love love LOVED it last time around. I have absolutely no problem staying there again as it was perfect for everything we needed but a small nagging part of me is saying "there are SO many great resorts, do you really just want to go back to the same one?" So, I thought I'd bring the question here and get some advice.

Why we LOVE POFQ:
small resort, quick walk to room, pool nice for kiddos, good food, riverboat to DTD, quick bus service, running path to POR and back, adjoining rooms.

Who we are:
room #1 - dh's grandparents, very active and up for anything, helpful with kiddos

room #2 - me and dh, plus DD3 and DD8 months.

So, is there anything that we're looking for that would compare to POFQ? We're looking at mod or value so it's slightly limiting there. Thanks!

happyleesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
ZebraDomeCrazy
Well behaved women rarely make history

Happyleesh,

As far as Moderates go, I'd say you have the best for your family at French Quarter. Obviously, you've run over to Riverside to check that out. My husband loves French Quarter, while I prefer Riverside a bit -- I think it is a bit more tranquil and better landscaped, although with little ones, Riverside is more spread out, which can be cumbersome at the end of the day. (I do enjoy the pool area at Riverside, also the jungle gym play area near the pool. They also have a catch and release fishing that would be great for your 8 year old. Coronado Springs is very nice also. If you request the Cabana section there, you would still have a short walk fromt he buses and food court. As Coronado is a Conference Center, they have a few more ammenities than your standard Moderate. There is a sit down restaurant, a very nice lounge, two outdoor bars, a fitness center, a salon, and a huge pool, with volleyball court, arcade and playground. Very beautiful grounds there also. We haven't stayed at Carribean Beach in years, but I know that they have recently redone their pool area and it is really amazing. the resort is very spread out though. You would have to search to find out which area to request for your needs. Sorry if I gave you more questions, than answers... I find that each resort has pro's and con's. It's up to finding out what things are most important to your family. i suggest staying at French Quarter again, since you already know you will be happy there. Take a bus or two from the parks to other resorts to roam about and check out the pools, food courts, etc... for future visits. That's what we do. Good luck! Jane

CBR - 1X, All Stars - 4X, AKL - 9X, POR - 3X, FQ - 1X
BWI - 1X, Poly - 1X, CSR - 2X WL - 1X, Kidani - 5X

ZebraDomeCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

POR - it's the same room with different furniture & different bedspreads.

The pool would be great for the little ones.
The food court is the best on Disney property.
The grounds are gorgeous & you can visit POFQ!
If you have a Disney Visa - you get a 25% discount!

You know you want to try it!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

I agree with the PP's, if you want a change, I'd go with POR. You'll get to keep the boat to DTD, but have the novelty of trying a resort with a different feel. Even though it's bigger than POFQ, it's definitely much smaller than the other Mods, so you'll have that small resort feel you like

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: