Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
nutz2notz
Mouseketeer

Wonderful start.

I read your Bride trip report and enjoyed it so much so I wanted to join you for this one.

Looking forward to more.

June 2013: OKW
December 2012: SSR June 2012: OKW
March 2011: OKW First Solo
Janaury 2011: SSR then AKV Kidani
January 2010: Grand Californian
December 2007: SSR
January 2007: SSR
January 1996: Offsite
nutz2notz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #17
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
however, he just recently got offered a good full time job! We are very happy for him and I told him we'll have to plan a brother/sister trip to Disney someday
Excellent news! As I recall, you were quite disappointed when he couldn't come along. At least now you have something to look forward to.

When it looked like you were in that building, I wondered if you were in a Presidential Suite. Kudos to your uncle!
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Hey, Becky!
I haven't been on the DIS in a while, but I'm excited to finally read another TR from a friend.

•Glad to see your parents joined you on the trip--that's always so nice.
•Wow, the resort room looks amazing and so fancy!
•Hahaha, 19 1/2 month anniversary strawberries.
•I still have to try T-rex sometime, looks pretty good.

Can't wait for more!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #19
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Great start.
We're hoping to eat at T-Rex for the first time this fall. DH and I are both dinosaur lovers! Your pictures are the first I've seen of it!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
tiggerfan77
I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

Great update so far. We loved T-rex as well and the ice cave is Awesome! I love your pool table by the way. How cool is that?!
tiggerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #21
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
Wonderful start.

I read your Bride trip report and enjoyed it so much so I wanted to join you for this one.

Looking forward to more.
Awesome, I'm so glad you're joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Excellent news! As I recall, you were quite disappointed when he couldn't come along. At least now you have something to look forward to.

When it looked like you were in that building, I wondered if you were in a Presidential Suite. Kudos to your uncle!
Yes - and in the long run a trip with just me and my brother would probably be better anyway. There's plenty of things we did this week that he wouldn't have been interested in. And as much as I love him, he can be a pretty big pain sometimes about stuff like that! So I will be more than happy to plan a trip that caters solely to him, both for him and for my own sanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
Hey, Becky!
I haven't been on the DIS in a while, but I'm excited to finally read another TR from a friend.

•Glad to see your parents joined you on the trip--that's always so nice.
•Wow, the resort room looks amazing and so fancy!
•Hahaha, 19 1/2 month anniversary strawberries.
•I still have to try T-rex sometime, looks pretty good.

Can't wait for more!!
Danielle, so glad you're joining in! The 19 1/2 month anniversary note really made me laugh, but I thought it was also really sweet - especially the fact that they bothered to calculate that it was 19 1/2 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I'm in! Great start.
We're hoping to eat at T-Rex for the first time this fall. DH and I are both dinosaur lovers! Your pictures are the first I've seen of it!
Oh, if you're dinosaur lovers I imagine you'll love T-REX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfan77 View Post
Great update so far. We loved T-rex as well and the ice cave is Awesome! I love your pool table by the way. How cool is that?!
Thanks! I know, as fancy and cool as the room was, I feel like that pool table is really the thing that put it over the edge. When I'm trying to get across to people just how cool that room was, I'm always like, "And... it had a pool table!!"
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

We did T-Rex for the first time this trip and loved it! It was raining when we went too
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #23
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
We did T-Rex for the first time this trip and loved it! It was raining when we went too
Awesome, glad to hear from another T-REX fan! And I guess it's a good place to get out of the rain, too!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #24
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom - the morning

So I don't know what it was, especially since I was just in Disney recently, but I was awake at 5am this morning... and absolutely couldn't fall back asleep. I was just so excited to be going to the Magic Kingdom! It was just like when I was a kid and couldn't sleep on Christmas morning. So I got up, made myself breakfast, poked around on facebook a bit, and then sat out on the balcony with a cup of tea. I was hoping to see the sun rise, but it was too cloudy that morning. It was still pleasant though.

We parked and decided to take the boat over instead of the monorail. It was actually kind of cold on the boat with the wind blowing in our faces!

We got through the bag check and through the ticket gates and in literally just in time to see the opening show start! I was so glad we were able to catch it.

We were in! There's nothing like MK right at opening on your first full day of the trip.

First stop: Space Mountain!

Me, DH, and my dad went on this. Mom doesn't really do thrill rides. My dad had thought he remembered Space Mountain being a little lame, but he was super impressed this time around! We all really enjoyed it and didn't have to wait at all since we went there first thing in the morning. We also had the photopass plus, so we got our attraction photo too.

Up next we did Buzz Lightyear, since my mom was willing to go on that as well. I'm usually so awful at it, but this time I hit something good a racked up 100,000 points! I was excited to be beating DH I was so excited... until I saw my mom had somehow got 300,000 points! lol, but it was fun.

Then it was time for Monsters, Inc.

My face was up on the screen during the little pre-show. It showed me up there and then the caption said "Thinks everyone is looking at her." lol. We love that show even though DH and I have seen it several times. It doesn't change drastically, but you can usually count on one unusual audience thing to make you laugh your head off. This time they were doing the game where Buddy is trying to guess what number a woman was thinking of. He says, "think of a number between 1 and 10." The woman immediately goes, "5." He pretends to turn around and whispers, "this is going to be easier than I thought!"

I was really eager to see Enchanted Tales with Belle again, so we waited in line for that. It was probably the longest wait we had all week at 30 minutes, since you can't fastpass that one.

Last time I had seen the show I got picked to be Mrs. Potts. This time, DH got to be in the show! I don't think he was exactly thrilled, but he was a good sport about it:

Since when I was in it was the only other time I had seen it, it was nice to see it from an audience perspective this time. Lumiere was awesome to look at! I never really got a good look at him last time.

And then there's Belle, my favorite princess! If I ever worked in Disney world this would be my dream job:

After the show we checked out the rest of New Fantasyland. We grabbed fastpasses for the Little Mermaid ride and explored the Beauty and the Beast shop and popped into Gatson's tavern. We also got pictures in front of the fountain!

It was almost time for lunch, but we stopped into the new Tangled bathrooms. They were really nice for a bathroom and I loved how themed it was! I just wish they had done some sort of Tangled attraction or show.

For lunch my parents went to Columbia Harbor House, and DH and I got waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow. We then brought our sandwiches back to CHH to eat with my parents. I got the nutella and fruit waffle, and it was so delicious!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #25
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Your waffel sandwich looks so good!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #26
shalom
DIS Veteran

You've got the red hair, but something about your husband in the Space Mountain pic reminds me of the Weasley twins, and now I can't not see it. Plus, that lightning shirt keeps drawing the eye. I like how your parents are both in grey, while you guys are in black and white, except you also have some pastels in there to match your parents. Genius!
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Your waffel sandwich looks so good!
It tasted as good as it looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
You've got the red hair, but something about your husband in the Space Mountain pic reminds me of the Weasley twins, and now I can't not see it. Plus, that lightning shirt keeps drawing the eye. I like how your parents are both in grey, while you guys are in black and white, except you also have some pastels in there to match your parents. Genius!
It's so funny you say that, because he actually gets told he looks like a Weasley twin all the time! When we were in the Harry Potter world at Universal someone actually came up to him and told him that. And thanks for the compliments on the outfits! I picked out what DH would wear for Tuesday (his Star Wars shirt for Hollywood Studios) and Wednesday (his Mickey shirt to match my Minnie), but promised him I wouldn't control his wardrobe on the other days I'm glad it didn't come out too terrible once we were all together!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #28
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Love your dining review so far, so decided to subscribe to this as well! That room looks gorgeous! There really are some lovely timeshares around WDW!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #29
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #30
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Love your dining review so far, so decided to subscribe to this as well! That room looks gorgeous! There really are some lovely timeshares around WDW!
Thanks so much for hopping over here too! There are so many great places to stay around Disney, especially when you are lucky enough to have family members with timeshares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!
So glad to have you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: