Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
delilah18
DIS Veteran

CBR or ASMU family suite

Allstar music family suite or CBR preferred room?
For 9 nights in October with A 5 year old and 2.5 year old as well as myself and my husband
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

delilah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Do you really need the second room in an AS suite? Not sure price difference, but based on your kids ages I would say CBR in a heartbeat. It has a seperate kids pool right next to the main themed pool. The kiddy pool is awesome for little ones. It's height restricted & fenced off. Plus the main pool is zero entry which is nice for sitting with little ones. There is also a quiet pool in each village. Whether you want to spring for preferred is a personal choice. You could request a village close to the food court and there is a bus stop in each village so you're always close to transportation. Some don't like the multi stops around the resort but we didn't mind it. You'll have the multi stops with the AS too as the bus will may go to all three AS resorts. We always had a seat on the CBR bus so that wasn't a problem. When we stayed at ASMu we rarely had a seat. Every bus was sooo crowded. DH said never again. That might be something to consider too with little ones & possibly lugging strollers on/off. We did not pay for preferred but requested close to food/main pool and were in Martinique--one building over from preferred and from the village quiet pool. Excellent location!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
ktmo
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at both. ASMu was our first trip. When we travel with DH we need to have two rooms. It just isn't fun for him if he doesn't have his own space, so we work out two room. We loved it. The room was perfect for our needs. Loved having two bathrooms. The girls didn't have to share a bed, which they hate, but will do. (We stayed in a 1BR villa and they hated having to share the pull-out sofa).

I took the girls on a solo trip and we stayed at CBR. The girls were older and we LOVED the pool (the main reasoning for choosing CBR). The splash area for the little ones was fantastic. As were the slides in the big pool. We were Aruba and had a walk to the pool, but it was fine. Although, it always seemed to rain when we headed over there. We never had any issues with busses (well one time coming back from Downtown Disney). I ended up sharing a bed with my little one and my oldest had a bed to herself.

I am not sure that I could be in one room for 9 nights (I know DH wouldn't survive), so I would do whatever I could to get more space. We are going in October and staying at AofA in a Lion King suite.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
melissac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmo View Post
We have stayed at both. ASMu was our first trip. When we travel with DH we need to have two rooms. It just isn't fun for him if he doesn't have his own space, so we work out two room. We loved it. The room was perfect for our needs. Loved having two bathrooms. The girls didn't have to share a bed, which they hate, but will do. (We stayed in a 1BR villa and they hated having to share the pull-out sofa).

I took the girls on a solo trip and we stayed at CBR. The girls were older and we LOVED the pool (the main reasoning for choosing CBR). The splash area for the little ones was fantastic. As were the slides in the big pool. We were Aruba and had a walk to the pool, but it was fine. Although, it always seemed to rain when we headed over there. We never had any issues with busses (well one time coming back from Downtown Disney). I ended up sharing a bed with my little one and my oldest had a bed to herself.

I am not sure that I could be in one room for 9 nights (I know DH wouldn't survive), so I would do whatever I could to get more space. We are going in October and staying at AofA in a Lion King suite.
My husband is the same way. Reason we bought DVC. He said it is not vacation if we have to stay together in one room.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: