Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Coco Key Hotel Orlando- January..input needed.

We are tossing around the idea of maybe giving this hotel a shot for a few nights in end of January at the end of our Disney/Universal Trip.

I know there is a resort fee per night..(That doesn’t bother us because we pay a nightly parking fee at most resorts anyways.)
I tried to search the January Water Park hours but it seems as if the schedule stops at December.
It looks like in December its open 11-5. That seems kinda short hours for a waterpark. I’m wondering if that trend continues into January?

Thoughts?
Good or bad from those whom have stayed there.

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

I stayed at Coco 2 yrs ago for a week in March. My friend and I took our kids there for spring break and while it was nice neither of us would go there again.

The waterpark is very small. It has at most 5 slides the rest of it is like a big splash pad. There are only 3 large slides at the back, along I-4, that are adult sized and one of them is often closed. The other slides are for small kids. The heated water was really cold and water from the giant dump bucket was not heated at all.

We ate once at the restaurant and it was OK, nothing special.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the waterpark was only open from 11-5 in January. Odds are that it won't be that warm and guest wouldn't spend much time out there. Couple that with the cold water. In all honesty you couldn't spend more than a hour or two out there anyway. We had more fun at the quiet pool.....the water was warmer and there was more sun in the seating area.