Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #16
adr2.8i
Back from the magic....and now hooked!

ive been number crunching today....even though im not planning a trip...yet

sept 2010 i paid £552 for 2 ad, 1 6yr old and a 2yr old for 4 nights staying in the santa fe.

this 25% off + free meal offer price for this sept works out at £882 for 4 nights staying in the santa fe.

im trying to work out if thats a good price or not? i dont think it sounds too bad tbh, and i think ive got to pay for my son now who's 7yrs old as well??!?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #17
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

sounds like this offer could be sparking a few more tickers .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #18
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr2.8i View Post
ive been number crunching today....even though im not planning a trip...yet

sept 2010 i paid £552 for 2 ad, 1 6yr old and a 2yr old for 4 nights staying in the santa fe.

this 25% off + free meal offer price for this sept works out at £882 for 4 nights staying in the santa fe.

im trying to work out if thats a good price or not? i dont think it sounds too bad tbh, and i think ive got to pay for my son now who's 7yrs old as well??!?
so are you now 2 adults and 2 kids aged over 3? If so, the free half board is worth at least £250 for your 4 nights, so that means the holiday price without the free food is around £630. Doesn't sound too bad to me, for 3 years worth of Disney inflation .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #19
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
sounds like this offer could be sparking a few more tickers .
I hope so

So happy to see 35% on lots of dates - the other sites are showing only 25% so maybe this is the benefit of booking with dlp directly.

Price for HNY 3 nights is showing about £80 more with the meal vouchers, than just with the 40% off - so a definite saving it you minus the face value of the vouchers.

I'm just scratching my head looking at flight prices etc...I wish I lived neared
Ms Poppins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #20
adr2.8i
Back from the magic....and now hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
so are you now 2 adults and 2 kids aged over 3? If so, the free half board is worth at least £250 for your 4 nights, so that means the holiday price without the free food is around £630. Doesn't sound too bad to me, for 3 years worth of Disney inflation .
yes we are a family of 2adults and 2 kids over 3.

the trouble is that we arent planning a trip until next sept for my 40th. this offer has thrown a right spanner in the works!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #21
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

So have just rung and been told I can't change my booking

We decided on just extending our stay at Cheyenne to 6 nights and staying at Kyriad for the first night.

Was arriving on the 10th july for 4 nights, asked to swap to arrival on the
11th july for 6 nights still at cheyenne and was told the offer is for new bookings only but that I could cancel and rebook but then I lose £150 deposit
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #22
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

Ignore that just rang back realised that although I was extending the booking I wasn't upgrading
so have upgraded to Buffallo room and it's gone through.

Boys are going to be chuffed that they don't have to share, husband's going to be chuffed that he doesn't have to pay in the restaurants and as he kept saying he really likes the Cheyenne.
Liam is going to bounce off the walls when he finds out we now have tickets for every day of our stay, he's just not happy with our plans to visit Paris and Val d'Europe, now he can do an hour or two park time either before or after our trips away from the park.

and I'm just happy that I'm going back to the magic and for 7 whole days

Now to contact Travel Republic to see if I can change our booking there, fingers crossed for me
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

Old 05-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #23
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Great you got something Jill. I'm still crunching....
Ms Poppins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #24
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

The offer has changed! I booked our stay this morning online and it was 35% off and the half board dining, just had a look, it's changed to 25% off and free half board dining, it's £122 more expensive tonight! Not sure what's gone on there but I'm so glad I booked this morning instead!
A dream is a wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A dream is a wish View Post
The offer has changed! I booked our stay this morning online and it was 35% off and the half board dining, just had a look, it's changed to 25% off and free half board dining, it's £122 more expensive tonight! Not sure what's gone on there but I'm so glad I booked this morning instead!
Well that was a lucky saving.

I'll be phoning Eurostar in the morning to get the prices for two returns as they are only showing up to October on their website and I need the first week in November.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #26
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
Well that was a lucky saving.

I'll be phoning Eurostar in the morning to get the prices for two returns as they are only showing up to October on their website and I need the first week in November.
Hopefully they'll be a good price, I called about a week ago and booked our travel in November, can't believe how much the difference is if you book it in advance, I'll always do that now.
A dream is a wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:20 AM   #27
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
Great you got something Jill. I'm still crunching....
Really pleased with the deal.
It cost me just over £700 more than my original booking but have 2 extra park days for 4, so say £200 minimum, Kyriad was costing me £250, so have 6 days dining vouchers for 4 adults for £250 not bad at all

Old 05-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #28
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Just looked at our dates.. at least €200 more expensive! We were doing cheaper meals some days so the vouchers wouldnt have been a great plus for us.
I just did some quick maths and we could do TS or Buffet meals for under €200 anyway. That was Annettes, Steakhouse, La Cantina and Rainforest Cafe. I hadn't planned on having 3 course meals either so I could definitely save on these estimations.
I paid €498 (4N/5D > 2 days and nights free)
The new offer is €692.

Happy we booked when we did

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #29
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

I think the big saving for us is probably because we're an all adult group, I just expect and plan for our main meal bill to be 120 - 150 euros, think the most we've spent was 230 euros at the Chicago Steakhouse.

For our first night the cheapest I could get was the Serris apartments in Val d'europe at £72 B&B plus I've had to pay a £20 amendment charge, so that's knocked the saving down a bit too, but £350 for 6 days meals isn't bad

Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #30
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

It is really good Jill. Definitely a deal that works best for adults.
We were thrilled with the 1st deal we got, delighted to see this deal working out for so many

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: