DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
jlap
Earning My Ears

Why no body lotion? I'm finally posting!

Forgive me if this has been discussed previously but I didn't see anything when I searched. I am at a loss to understand why, in at least some of the DVC resorts (AKL, Wilderness, BCV, Boardwalk, judging by recent stays in studio rooms), the DVC toiletries as determined by the housekeeping list do not include body lotion! They ARE included on the housekeeping list for the non DVC rooms, and I've seen them there when I stay non-DVC. Yes, if you ask housekeeping, they'll bring you as many as you'd like. But it's so illogical and sorry, gives me a 2nd class kindof feeling. I know this is not earth shattering. But as dues rise and I see tempting offers to non DVC members for resort stays and meals, it is somewhat annoying. Especially since I've raised this with DVC many times over the years and it hasn't been fixed. Not good customer relations in my opinion.
Each time the reaction is something like, that can't be right, let me check, hmm...how odd, I don't know why that is, I'll be sure to forward your concerns. Then nothing changes. Since it is NOT earth shattering, I havent bothered to post before. But with BCV and AKL coming up this week, I figure it's time. At least, when I'm calling down to housekeeping for my lotion, I'll know I finally shared this frustration.
Anyone else observe this, or have any insight? Any advice as to how to pursue would be appreciated.
jlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

As DVC owners we pay Disney to make decisions for us and they decided that we don't need body lotion. DVC owners pay for everything at the resorts and in the units with our dues so in theory we are saving money by not having things like lotion and ceramic plates in the studios.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlap View Post
Forgive me if this has been discussed previously but I didn't see anything when I searched. I am at a loss to understand why, in at least some of the DVC resorts (AKL, Wilderness, BCV, Boardwalk, judging by recent stays in studio rooms), the DVC toiletries as determined by the housekeeping list do not include body lotion! They ARE included on the housekeeping list for the non DVC rooms, and I've seen them there when I stay non-DVC. Yes, if you ask housekeeping, they'll bring you as many as you'd like. But it's so illogical and sorry, gives me a 2nd class kindof feeling. I know this is not earth shattering. But as dues rise and I see tempting offers to non DVC members for resort stays and meals, it is somewhat annoying. Especially since I've raised this with DVC many times over the years and it hasn't been fixed. Not good customer relations in my opinion.
Each time the reaction is something like, that can't be right, let me check, hmm...how odd, I don't know why that is, I'll be sure to forward your concerns. Then nothing changes. Since it is NOT earth shattering, I havent bothered to post before. But with BCV and AKL coming up this week, I figure it's time. At least, when I'm calling down to housekeeping for my lotion, I'll know I finally shared this frustration.
Anyone else observe this, or have any insight? Any advice as to how to pursue would be appreciated.
We haven't seen body lotion in a while, maybe 2 toiletry companies back. My guess is that most don't use it so it was determined not to be essential and thus not worth paying for, I would agree with this decision.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
Figee17
Mouseketeer

This drove me NUTS the last time I stayed DVC at the THVs (Feb.) My "solution" was to go to Basin in DDT and buy their lotion. Unfortunately for my wallet, I fell in love with the store and their products...
Figee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlap View Post
I thought there was lotion when I stayed at BLT last month. I didn't like it so I didn't even bring it home. I never use the shampoo or conditioner, I bring all my own stuff. I thought there was lotion out at VGC last year but it was some kind of seaweed. I liked the shea butter lotion they used to have, I went and bought a large tube to bring home.

Last edited by DebbieB; 04-09-2013 at 08:55 PM.
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
schoen
DIS Veteran

I agree. It drives me nuts. I stayed at a $38 a night hotel in Northern MI recently, and they provided body lotion. I would LOVE to get it at DVC.
schoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

I also agree! They could easily skip the bodywash IMO and just leave soap and lotion. I don't use the shampoo or conditioner but DH does. Most hotels the only bottled item I always use is the lotion.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Since I find most lotions, shampoos and conditioners to be inferior to what I prefer to use, I really would rather they not leave anything other than the soaps. Thankfully, Disney has great soap! As for lotion, shampoo and conditioner....I'll continue to bring my own, and I don't want my dues going to pay for those things that so many just throw away anyway.

DVC has always had a "pay as you play" policy. If you want additional toiletries you can pay for a toiletries pack. I would assume the same is true of lotion. I just prefer not to have it coming out of my dues.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

I don't mind packing my own lotion. However, I should not have to pack my own toilet paper! I don't remember it being bad at WDW in the past. However, the stuff they were passing off as t.p. at the Grand Californian last month was horrible!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #10
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I also agree! They could easily skip the bodywash IMO and just leave soap and lotion. I don't use the shampoo or conditioner but DH does. Most hotels the only bottled item I always use is the lotion.
I totally agree with this. Who uses body wash???

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #11
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
I don't mind packing my own lotion. However, I should not have to pack my own toilet paper! I don't remember it being bad at WDW in the past. However, the stuff they were passing off as t.p. at the Grand Californian last month was horrible!
LOL, we used to always pack our own toilet paper when we went to Hilton Head resort, then leave whatever we didn't use from the roll on the back of the toilet at the end of the week. After several years of doing this the TP there got better and we no longer have to bring our own. Maybe they took our hint. Maybe try that at the GCF.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #12
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
I totally agree with this. Who uses body wash???
I'd bet that the % of people using body wash is far higher (like 10-20 times or more) than those using the lotion during the visit.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #13
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I'd bet that the % of people using body wash is far higher (like 10-20 times or more) than those using the lotion during the visit.
Agreed, as a kid you can read 'body wash' as 'bubble bath'. I don't think in all my 31 years I have ever used the lotion.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

When I stayed ay Hilton head in December they had a wonderful body lotion there. It's from their newest line....so I know they have it. I don't think one resort should have it and not others. It was a nice citrus smell to it. When I went to Bay Lake Tower the next day, for double the points....NONE. I would think for the cost of this hotel, either through dues, or original purchase....it should include basic necessities that a 100.00 hotel would have. It is supposed to be a delux resort.
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #15
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Consistency would be nice.

The DVC resorts seem to be really inconsistent about which toiletry items are placed in a villa. We've gotten lotion, body wash and even after sun lotion at some DVC resorts when using our points and others only bar soap, shampoo and creme rinse.

I wouldn't mind if they were consistent, either always supplied them or didn't. The DVC resorts are supposed to be deluxe resorts. Do toiletries really cost that much, when they are only provided every four days?

I loved the lotion we received at Aulani. Although it was an H2O product it was a much better quality that the H2O lotions at the WDW resorts.

DenLo is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: