Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

Mickey's Jingle Jungle Questions

Anyone do this 5k before? I read the info on Disney's site but look for others who have done it's experiences.

Are there characters on the course? I saw it says "entertainment" and wondering what that is.

Do people wear regular running clothes or do they dress up? I've seen different pictures but wasn't sure if that was for this 5k or others because it didn't say (I just did a google pictures search).

Anyone do it by yourself? It will just be DH and my kids on this trip and we don't want to take the kids to a sitter or anything, so I'd have to do it by myself.

Do they allow you to do it and push a stroller/kid if you can keep the pace?

I've never done a 5k but have always wanted to and figure this would be the best motivation to get in shape for one, to do one at Disney!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2paisley View Post
Anyone do this 5k before?
Yep, I ran it with my son last year. Full report is here: Jingle Jungle 5K... we didn't have a stellar time, but that wasn't the race's fault at all, lol!

Quote:
Are there characters on the course? I saw it says "entertainment" and wondering what that is.
Some - not a lot. The most memorable photo ops to me were the live animals they had out: some sheep, goats, something lizard-like, a bird of prey... very neat!

Quote:
Do people wear regular running clothes or do they dress up?
Both. We used running clothes to dress up. Some folks just wore regular running clothes, Plenty of people were in legit costumes.

Quote:
Anyone do it by yourself?
I didn't, but I'm sure plenty do!

Quote:
Do they allow you to do it and push a stroller/kid if you can keep the pace?
They did have strollers last year, but it looks like they're no longer allowing them: "Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
All ages are welcome to compete. Each participant must be able to complete the 5K on their own. Safety Reminder:
For the safety of yourself and the other participants, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, inline skates, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course."

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: