Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #46
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
OMG! Too funny! Atleast Beast took it in stride!
That shrimp and scallops is exactly what I want to order in Sept for our dinner and I know DH will want the steak as that what he gets everywhere in WDW! lol
I know! I was glad we didn't get kicked out lol
I'm sure you will love BoG as much as we did

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #47
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

LMAO!!!! That sounds like something one of my "muppets" would have done at Robin's age. Good for Beast for giving Robin a well-deserved high five, pooping in the potty is a big deal when you're a little guy.

LOVED the BOG review, it's one of the restaurants I'm especially looking forward to come October.

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #49
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
LMAO!!!! That sounds like something one of my "muppets" would have done at Robin's age. Good for Beast for giving Robin a well-deserved high five, pooping in the potty is a big deal when you're a little guy.

LOVED the BOG review, it's one of the restaurants I'm especially looking forward to come October.
It was definitely well deserved-Potty Training is my LEAST favorite parental responsibility so far....I have a dog who has accidents in my house, potty training 3 yr old AND a baby. I want to be DONE cleaning Robin's messes!

I really wanted to get to BoG for lunch this trip too but the lines were SO long that I'm glad we did dinner this trip. Hopefully by the time we go again the newness will have faded and the lines will be shorter. So glad we got to experience it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
OMG - Love it!
Pooping in Beast's potty is something to be very proud of
It's funny what you are proud of as parents....wouldn't have it any other way though!

An April Dining Report!

Old 05-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #50
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Breakfast with Mickey!

Saturday we decided to skip the parks and just take it easy. This day we were switching resorts to Bay Lake Tower, so we decided to get some quality time in with the characters while our room got ready. I was really looking forward to this meal as I LOVE breakfast food. I never used to be a big breakfast person but when I was pregnant with Robin I could barely eat in the first trimester (Best Diet of my life! ) and the only protein I could keep down was scrambled eggs. So I basically ate breakfast for every meal.

We took a bus from POR to MK and then walked over to Bay Lake Tower to check in. For anyone who is thinking of switching resorts, we took advantage of the luggage transfer service and it was GREAT! We didn't have to pay for a cab or lug our bags on the bus. I was nervous because they didn't give us any claim tags but they did a great job and we had all our stuff by 1pm. Ok back to the reason we are here, the FOOD!

We checked into Chef Mickey's right at our reservation time of 9:30am and skipped the picture with fake Mickey. They had the TV going in the lobby area to the left of check in so of course that's how Robin passed the time. We waited about 10 minutes and were seated up the steps toward the back of the restaurant. The host we had was so sweet, I wish we had gotten his name. He took Robin by the hand and led him to the table, swinging his hand and singing the Mickey song they do there. SO CUTE. They were also awesome and brought us an infant high chair! When you have a little one that isn't quite big enough to sit in a high chair, and you don't have a car seat, you end up passing them back and forth and trying to shovel food in your mouth. NOT ideal, and for this meal we got a nice break from that. As loud and crazy as Chef Mickey's can be, this was one of our more relaxing meals
Check him out ready to wave his napkin!

I continued to ask at every other restaurant we went too if they had these infant highchairs, Chef Mickey's was the only one If anyone else found them in the World let me know!

We had eaten here once before and were in the same area, nice and close to the buffet. Our server was very friendly and filled our drinks quickly, you could tell she had been here a while and knew the script about the buffet very well. She brought OJ and coffee out and milk for Robin. I asked if they could make me an iced coffee and she did, it was decent too! SCORE!

Our server told us we had a little time until the characters arrived so I took Robin up to get our plate. The buffet has two sides and the one closest to us actually had a decent line going. I walked around to the other side (closer to the entrance) and there was no one there, DOUBLE SCORE!
Here's the plate Robin and I shared to start off with. I could have gotten his own but I would rather make more trips than balance two plates and a crazy toddler!

Oh man my mouth is watering! There was nothing I didn't like, total Miss Piggy Meal
Starting from the top and going clockwise...we have a Croissant, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs with cheese sauce (big surprise!), Creamy Breakfast Potatoes, Spinach Breakfast Lasagna, Pineapple and Strawberries with yogurt and granola, Whipped Cream & Strawberries, Italian Sausage (the little nugget in the middle of the plate) and Breakfast Pizza
Holy cow Robin and I both loved everything, seriously we devoured it. I really liked the fact that they had all different toppings for the scrambled eggs. The Italian sausage pieces were part of that, plus cheese sauce, onions, peppers, mushrooms etc.
We really need to take a minute and talk about those potatoes though. OMG they must have crack in them because I am ADDICTED. I need to find this recipe ASAP and make it for myself for Mother's Day (Kermit can't cook and I deserve those potatoes! )
Here's Kermit's plate

Pretty much the same as mine but he had some sausage links as well.
After we had finished our first plates we noticed the characters coming around. We had some great interactions, especially Daisy Duck. She just LOVED baby muppet and spent lots of extra time with him.
First was Pluto, Baby's First Character Meet!

Then Donald, One of Robin's favorite as his Grandpa shares his name (and temper! )

Then the BIG CHEESE!

Baby Muppet is like ummmm WHO do you think you are?

Next up Daddy's Favorite...

But NOT Baby Muppets'...

Last but not least, Miss Piggy's favorite friend

An April Dining Report!

Old 05-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #51
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey's Cont...

It was nice the characters came one after another, it gave us time to digest our first plates so we could go back for more!

A plate of Mickey Waffles and Cheese Blintzes NOM NOM NOM
Seriously why do I do my updates late at night????
The waffles were awesome dipped in a big bowl of syrup and the blintzes were sweet and yummy. Oh yeah and more BACON & SAUSAGE for Miss Piggy
I didn't get a chance to take a pic of Kermit's second plate but he just got some yogurt and fruit. I tried to tell him he needed to shovel more food in as this breakfast was gonna cost us $100 but his little skinny frog legs just couldn't fit any more
I did however pull the old lady number and grab some apples, bananas, and oranges for the room
And then as we were leaving Robin saw the sweets table and proceeded to swipe a rice crispie treat and brownie as we were walking by! What a fast little frog....
We really enjoyed our meal here. We loved the food, the service, the characters, and even the atmosphere. We may try dinner eventually as we have never done it, but I don't know if I can pull myself away from breakfast. This was a perfect way to start our stay at Bay Lake Tower!

Coming up...Kouzzina OPA!

An April Dining Report!

Last edited by bluechic03; 05-07-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #52
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

That story is hilarious! Kids say the darndest things!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #53
EnduringWone
Mouseketeer

The Beast's potty.

Not as funny but my daughter was thrilled to find out that while at BBB she was in the same exact chair that Tiana sits in to get herself styled. When the FGIT told her that, her eyes became as big as saucers and she told her grandparents when they called all about it.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #54
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR and the food pics, so glad I had a bowl of fruit and yogurt infront of me this morning! LOL Its hard sticking to a diet reading these! LOl

The pics of the baby smiling at the characters are priceless! Looks like you have a very happy baby on your hands!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #55
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
That story is hilarious! Kids say the darndest things!
Yeah Robin is a character....you never know what he will say or do next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduringWone View Post
The Beast's potty.

Not as funny but my daughter was thrilled to find out that while at BBB she was in the same exact chair that Tiana sits in to get herself styled. When the FGIT told her that, her eyes became as big as saucers and she told her grandparents when they called all about it.
Very cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Loving your TR and the food pics, so glad I had a bowl of fruit and yogurt infront of me this morning! LOL Its hard sticking to a diet reading these! LOl

The pics of the baby smiling at the characters are priceless! Looks like you have a very happy baby on your hands!!
Yeah I seriously am having a hard time adjusting to real life portions after being there for 10 days!

And yes he is a very happy baby...but very attached to me If I walk away and someone else is holding him, well that's when he gets upset! I have to say I think it's sweet though

An April Dining Report!

Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #56
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Loved your CM review

The photos of the kiddos with the characters are just too cute!

The food looks really yummy
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #57
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!

BoG looks awesome! I can't wait to eat there in August. Hopefully, we won't have any Beast Potty stories though!!!!

What a fun time y'all had at Chef Mickey's!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #58
partyof2
Colette

Oh wow breakfast at Chef Mickey's looks incredible!

I originally planned to do dinner there and was a little bummed when I had to change my plans to do breakfast but I'm no longer worried thanks to your review.
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!

partyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #59
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

LOL Love your review of BoG! Your little muppets are too cute!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #60
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Loved your CM review

The photos of the kiddos with the characters are just too cute!

The food looks really yummy
Im so glad they really love the characters....I saw a little girl next to us freak out every time a character got within 10 feet of her. Probably helps we have been playing every Disney DVD and song since they were in the womb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Great reviews!

BoG looks awesome! I can't wait to eat there in August. Hopefully, we won't have any Beast Potty stories though!!!!

What a fun time y'all had at Chef Mickey's!
It was amazing....Well it's better that he went in the potty, tonight his Mother's Day present was to go in his pants during dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
Oh wow breakfast at Chef Mickey's looks incredible!

I originally planned to do dinner there and was a little bummed when I had to change my plans to do breakfast but I'm no longer worried thanks to your review.
OMG Breakfast was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Seriously it was awesome. I hope you have a good experience too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnieatepooh View Post
LOL Love your review of BoG! Your little muppets are too cute!
Thanks They are seriously the best kiddos! My 3 yr old is always saying/doing something hilarious and the baby is just, well adorable

An April Dining Report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: