Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #91
GrandAdmiralStrife
DisDad #744

Timothy Zahn said earlier this year that he had some knowledge of something coming down the pike, as he was told back in the 90s when writing his Trilogy that the prequel era was off limits, but recently said that he was ALSO told that a time frame of 40 years post ROTJ was off limits as well, which brings us to the current EU books, which come right up against that timeframe. So the new movies can be original stories, but still keep the EU intact, more or less.
COMING SOON: WDW AUG 2014 Pre Trip Report here
GrandAdmiralStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #92
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

I'm fairly sure it has been said a few times that the material from the EU will not be used. However, I would highly doubt that 100% would be ignored. Coruscant was an EU creation and Lucas used it in the prequels.

I think there will be some elements, like cameos, just enough for EU fans to see that Abrams recognizes them but not make a major impact to the films. Like they could mention, in passing Thrawn or Daala could be an Admiral with minor screen time, similar to Tagge or Motti in ANH. Chewie could have the same story (I'm avoiding what it is, to not spoil it).

As was done with the Abrams Star Trek universe, he will not shy away from creating his own. That doesn't mean he's going to get the Sun Crusher and start a super nova to blow up Yavin 4 or Corellia, but he may be willing to write Jacen and Jaina out as twins and probably cancel Mara Jade as Luke's wife.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #93
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

While this has nothing to do with the new movies, something new and cool is spawning within the Star Wars Universe!

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...jcpWHm8BUTC.01
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #94
Donaldfan81
Mouseketeer

Abrams has a lot less control with the storyline than people may think I believe. Arndt is writing the script and you have Kasdan and others helping out. I have a feeling he will have much less control than he has had with star trek. I hope that those writers at bad robot are not allowed near this script at all.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #95
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldfan81 View Post
Abrams has a lot less control with the storyline than people may think I believe. Arndt is writing the script and you have Kasdan and others helping out. I have a feeling he will have much less control than he has had with star trek. I hope that those writers at bad robot are not allowed near this script at all.
I'm not sure why you don't think he has control. Just because others are writing it does not mean he has control. Directors always have input that the writers need to take into account. In fact it will be Abrams job to see to it that all the scripts being written work together.

Episode VII (and VIII and IX) are being based on Arndt's treatments. But that doesn't mean Abrams isn't in charge.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #96
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Alan Horn talked a little about Star Wars a short time ago at D23 Expo...he said it would be out in Summer 2015, an "it's gonna be great"...but that's all he said about anything in development at LucasFilm before they moved on to Marvel.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #97
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

I'm going to chalk this one up to false rumor but who knows.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...eturn-for.html

Quote:
Disappointed by the lack of Star Wars news coming out of D23, well here is a rumor that should help. Our friends over a JediNews are reporting that Ian McDiarmid, the actor who played Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious in the Star Wars saga is set to return for Episode VII.

Assuming the rumor is true, it begs the question of who will McDiarmid be playing? Will he be returning to his role as Palpatine/Sidious or will be returning in a cameo as different character (as Jeremy Bulloch did in Revenge of the Sith)? And if Palpatine is returning, how will that be pulled off? Will he be resurrected? Or perhaps appear in a vision or dream? My money is on the latter, but we never can be quite sure what kind of story their coming up with over at Lucasfilm/Disney/Bad Robot.

Remember this is just a rumor until confirmed by Lucasfilm or Disney.
If it is true I would say he comes back as a Force ghost.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #98
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I'm going to chalk this one up to false rumor but who knows.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...eturn-for.html

If it is true I would say he comes back as a Force ghost.
If you just assume every Star Wars VII rumor is false, you will be right far more times then you are wrong.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #99
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post

If you just assume every Star Wars VII rumor is false, you will be right far more times then you are wrong.
Yeah...have to agree

This "article" was one fan site quoting another fan site...

That is automatic disqualification due to "geek quotient"
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #100
Stophie
Earning My Ears

I'm a huge Star Wars fan (and also new to this site) and I wanted to drop in and say, 'hello!'

I also wanted to see what everyone thought of Latino Review's "scoop" about Emperor Palpatine and Obi-Wan returning (potentially as Force Ghosts). Personally, I'm taking anything he says with a grain of salt at this point in time. I don't want this film to turn into a class reunion featuring all of the characters from the previous installments. That would seem rather cheap to me.

NEXT TRIP: April 2015 - Disneyland/Star Wars Celebration Anaheim
Stophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #101
Echo7Solo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stophie View Post
I'm a huge Star Wars fan (and also new to this site) and I wanted to drop in and say, 'hello!'

I also wanted to see what everyone thought of Latino Review's "scoop" about Emperor Palpatine and Obi-Wan returning (potentially as Force Ghosts). Personally, I'm taking anything he says with a grain of salt at this point in time. I don't want this film to turn into a class reunion featuring all of the characters from the previous installments. That would seem rather cheap to me.
I think one of my biggest problems with Episode III was that it was spoiled before the movie was opened. Plus right now it is too early to know anything.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #102
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stophie

Right now, I'm chalking these rumors up as false leads. If it turns out to be true, it opens a number of avenues the new trilogy could take.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #103
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

The EU did indicate he was able to transfer his spirit into a clone body. At least in the Dark Empire comic series that Dark Horse did in the early 90's, although he did eventually die for good.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #104
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
The EU did indicate he was able to transfer his spirit into a clone body. At least in the Dark Empire comic series that Dark Horse did in the early 90's, although he did eventually die for good.
I hope they don't do that, it would be too much like Bane/Agent Smith in Matrix 2 and 3. And we all know how those sequels turned out...
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #105
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Latest rumor is that the release date of episode VII has been pushed back to December 2015.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: