Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
mmbl
DIS Veteran

ANNUAL PASSES and FastPass+ , GAC

Fortunately I am on these boards as I did not get any notice that CBR for our Oct. dates was going MB and FP+! Anyway, ordered bands and got FP+ for ME as I have a PAP but DH doesn't have his pass yet - we're on different schedules. I only got FP+ to 'test' how it will work for our family reunion next April. I HATE THIS! I don't need 3 different FP at Epcot. I'd rather have all 3 at Test Track! It's also frustrating that the computer picks the times! I hooe this FP+ at only one park significantly cuts back on patrons buying Park Hopper passes ! Maybe Disney will see a major flaw early on!
Now the QUESTION: I could get FP+ for ANY DAY after our stay in Oct. resort stay but since I have a PAP, WHY CAN'T I GET THEM ( FP+) FOR DAYS before we stay on property? I will be at the parks , with other relatives with AP, before DH and I stay overnight. That doesn't make sense! Are annual passholders going to be penalized? How can an AP get FP+ for day visits? Is this another flaw in the system? One more thing: I have a documented disability and sometimes can't 'run.' Will the guest assistance card still be available to supersede the time frame just in case we are a few minutes late? THANKS in advance!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
Fortunately I am on these boards as I did not get any notice that CBR for our Oct. dates was going MB and FP+! Anyway, ordered bands and got FP+ for ME as I have a PAP but DH doesn't have his pass yet - we're on different schedules. I only got FP+ to 'test' how it will work for our family reunion next April. I HATE THIS! I don't need 3 different FP at Epcot. I'd rather have all 3 at Test Track! It's also frustrating that the computer picks the times! I hooe this FP+ at only one park significantly cuts back on patrons buying Park Hopper passes ! Maybe Disney will see a major flaw early on!
Now the QUESTION: I could get FP+ for ANY DAY after our stay in Oct. resort stay but since I have a PAP, WHY CAN'T I GET THEM ( FP+) FOR DAYS before we stay on property? I will be at the parks , with other relatives with AP, before DH and I stay overnight. That doesn't make sense! Are annual passholders going to be penalized? How can an AP get FP+ for day visits? Is this another flaw in the system? One more thing: I have a documented disability and sometimes can't 'run.' Will the guest assistance card still be available to supersede the time frame just in case we are a few minutes late? THANKS in advance!
You currently cannot get them before your resort stay because the system is only in a testing stage. Before your stay you are not part of the test. Once the system is live AP and day guests will be able to book and use FP+

GACs are changing, but it has not been released how. Plan your days accordingly so you don't have to "run" because you are late.
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post

You currently cannot get them before your resort stay because the system is only in a testing stage. Before your stay you are not part of the test. Once the system is live AP and day guests will be able to book and use FP+

GACs are changing, but it has not been released how. Plan your days accordingly so you don't have to "run" because you are late.
Thanks. I understand about the testing. As for the FP+ and GAC, since the system 'chooses' your times- even with the options- the times are looking a bit tight! Is there a thread on GAC? I haven't seen it. I will recheck. Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
They are changing at Disneyland. I'm sure the changes will also come to WDW.

http://micechat.com/42628-miceage-disneyland-update/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: