Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
styron
Mouseketeer

Hilton Bonnet Creek, Waldorf, Wyndham BC?

We're thinking about staying off property for the first time, now that we are traveling (2 adults) with 4 children and have outgrown a lot of the Disney rooms.

Does anyone have any comment on the Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf for this size family? Especially interested to hear about the transportation to the Disney parks, or alternatively how much a taxi might run us from each hotel.

I had heard something about the shuttles from Wyndham Bonnet Creek starting to charge a fee? Is that a per-person per-day fee?

Thank you very much for any help you could provide! I don't know much about the Orlando hotels, but it's nice to have so many good options nearby.
styron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
holden
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek with 6 ppl and we got 2 rooms (connecting). Two of the people were my parents, so they wouldn't have stayed in the room with us anyway. I'm not sure if they have rooms that accomodate more than 4, but I think they might. I highly recommend this resort!

I personally didn't like the transportation. The shuttle stops at the Hilton and the Waldorf and it seemed to take forever to get to/from the parks. I'd say about 45min. door to door for the Magic Kingdom.

We rent a car now when we stay at HBC. I'd rather just be able to go when I wanted than to have to wait for and ride on the shuttle.
DD - 7
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
baler31
DIS Veteran

I would rent a car at any of those and yes there is a $5 per person round trip fee per day and you must purchase a ticket to board at the Bonnet Creek time share resort. So, for your family add $30 per day to your nightly rate. Typically, we get a full size rental for a week for around $125 or $150.

We always rent a car so I cannot comment on the shuttle service at Waldorf or HBC. At these resorts you would need a 2queen suite that would feature a large living area with sofa bed and 2 queens in the bedroom. Also has two bathrooms. We do like this suite, it is very large.

We like Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf over the time share but we prefer hotel amenities for a week or less. The time share will have a washer/dryer, full kitchen etc. Just depends on your priority and budget, time share will be less expensive. If budget is a factor you may want to look at Wyndham Grand Hotel that is part of the time share as it has rooms with 2queens and a set of bunk beds, most likely less expensive than the Hilton properties.

Last edited by baler31; 05-01-2013 at 09:51 AM.
baler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
styron
Mouseketeer

Thank you - this is all very helpful. I don't know why I had blanked out on the thought of getting two connecting 2-queen rooms… guess that's why no one ever asked me to be a travel agent! I'm off to price out all my options at both these properties, and I'll count on renting a car, too, since the shuttle sounds like it would get annoying fast. Thanks for helping me to figure out what all to include as I budget. (Even with all the car/parking extras, it will still end up being hundreds of dollars cheaper and a lot more spacious than the cabin or 1br villa options on Disney-proper.)

Thank you!!
styron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

I'd recommend a car if you stay at HBC. The busses are few and make so many stops.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote