Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
DisneyLMA
SSR since 2006

TS Dining with 1 Year Old

We will be introducing our family's new addition to Disney in October. We're fortunate that the grandparents are tagging along to share babysitting duties :-) We love visiting TS restaurants but wondering which places people have had the most success bringing little ones to and which places would be best to drop the kiddo off with the grandparents before dining.
DisneyLMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Note when you make reservations, even though there is no charge for an infant, you have to include the total number in the party (including the infant) for the correct table size.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
SCFIREMAN
Jessica Rabbit fan

We have taken our children as infants and have eaten at TS restaurants. From our Experiance buffets are the best bet because you can get in get your food and get out if you need to.
BWV Oct 9, VWL Oct 10-13, AKV 13-17 2008
AKL Jan 9-16 2010
Disney's Royal Family 5K March 2010
Mom's Birthday 50th B-day bash Dec 4-11 2010
Katies Princess Half Maraton trip AKV Savannah view March 5-9 2011
June 15-19 2011 Solo Trip PCR
Pre Cruise WDW Trip Sept 25-Oct2 BLT/OKW (Split stay)
Cruising on the Dream 30th Birthday trip Oct 2nd 2011
Jan 5-9 2011 Katie's First Full Marathon AKV
Feb 24-29 2012 Katie Princess Half Marathon trip PORS Royal Suite
SCFIREMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer

We will be traveling with our 11 month old in November, my in laws will also be coming. We will be doing mainly buffet breakfasts and signatures every night. I plan to bring the baby to every meal. Disney is so kid and family friendly you won't feel out of place anywhere. With that being said if the grandparents want to babysit to give you guys a night off I would highly recommend a nice signature restaurant- Chet's dinner or V&A'S.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

My 1 year old, well she will turn 2 on June 28th has already been to Disney twice, this will be her 3rd trip when we go back this September. Wow, typing that out seems unreal, LOL We go every September and she was barely a few weeks old her first trip.
Anyway, she is our number 6 so all our kids have been multiple times and we have had 3 or 4 of them there at that age.
Every TS we went to was bustling and full of action and great people and fun times. We have had no problems with any of them.
Maybe the more fancier places though might be different, but I think overall it's a different feel to Disney dining than going to Applebee's. Now if you want to have some down time with just hubby, I'd go for that too. Would be harder to do when the baby is older
No way we can get away with that with ours, LOL they want to be right there in the middle of it all.
We also have my parents that go with us every year so that helps being able to take the older kids on things the babies can't
Have fun!!!
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

For DD's 1st birthday trip, we did CRT, 'Ohana's, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and somewhere else that I can't think of right now.... She was fine at all of them.

I'm more dreading our trip that starts this weekend. She's 18 months and sometimes she's great at meals and other times she's not! We're doing 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Akershus, Be Our Guest and Hollywood and Vine.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
eangel12
DIS Veteran

We took our son when he was 21 months old! No issues at all! We even went to Flying Fish for dinner and he was good as gold--ate scallops for his dinner entree!! You will be fine!!
eangel12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Although all restaurants except V & A welcome children, the Signatures are more adult oriented, especially later in the evening. If you want to take your little one to a Signature I suggest an early ADR when they first open
Good Luck
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
DisneyLMA
SSR since 2006

Thank you everyone! This is great advice. We've been to several if signature dining places before but It's been a few years and couldn't recall if other diners had children with them. We'll be staying at BWV so it's great to hear FF cafe is a good spot. We loved Jiko when we went there about 5 years ago so we wanted to go back but i remember it being less noisy so that might have to be our date night :-)
DisneyLMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: