Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #16
Bearybear
A firm believer in the unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMN View Post
Congrats on a cool thrift shop buy!

I have watched exactly two episodes of Dr Who. The first one was Blink.

Then last night after seeing this post I went and rounded up the Van Gogh episode. There are no words. I get weepy just thinking about it.

Did I just luck out and see both of THE BEST episodes of this series or are they all pretty dang good? LOL
I think the show is one of the best on TV. I watched it when I was a kid, but I don't remember much, except it was the doctor with the long scarf. I started watching again with the new show and Christopher Eccelson as the doctor. I think the scariest episode is the two part Library episode with the Vashta Narada.
"Hey, who turned out the lights!"
Old 05-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a good find!

DS9 is a big Dr. fan. And that is an excellent episode. I too get a little weepy when I think of it. Indeed, the feels.

DD12 has a sick, twisted sense of humor. She wants to buy a small angle statue and put it outside DS's bedroom window. He will freak!
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #18
1novascotian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
That show has caused a lot of things in my life . I can't drive past the Catholic church without glancing at the baby angel statue and making sure its in the same place!
You think that's bad... A few months ago I was reading the news online and there was an article about a stone angel found in my town. No one knew where it came from. It was obviously stolen from a cemetery and dumped, but a tiny part of me went ahhhhhhh

February 1998- First Trip to Disney!
May/June 2008
May 2011- Offsite- Windsor Hills
1novascotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #19
1novascotian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
Wow, what a good find!

DS9 is a big Dr. fan. And that is an excellent episode. I too get a little weepy when I think of it. Indeed, the feels.

DD12 has a sick, twisted sense of humor. She wants to buy a small angle statue and put it outside DS's bedroom window. He will freak!
Here is another good weeping angel story involving me. I bought an Angel Bob action figure as a joke for a friend. I ended up having it in my house for a few weeks. It was all fun and games until I came home one day and Angel Bob was not where I left him. I still haven't figured out how he fell and landed a good 5 feet from my desk considering I had no pets and I was the last to leave and the first one home that day. After that I kept Angel Bob downstairs instead of in my bedroom.

February 1998- First Trip to Disney!
May/June 2008
May 2011- Offsite- Windsor Hills
1novascotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1novascotian View Post
Here is another good weeping angel story involving me. I bought an Angel Bob action figure as a joke for a friend. I ended up having it in my house for a few weeks. It was all fun and games until I came home one day and Angel Bob was not where I left him. I still haven't figured out how he fell and landed a good 5 feet from my desk considering I had no pets and I was the last to leave and the first one home that day. After that I kept Angel Bob downstairs instead of in my bedroom.
As long as Angel Bob didn't talk to you via radio. Gosh, that would have freaked me out though. We just watched that episode again a few nights ago. I'm still a little creeped out.
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #21
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1novascotian View Post
I think Angel Bob would have become an outside action figure at my house!
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #22
SplashMtnCrew
DIS Veteran

Just so ya know:

There are Dr Who shirts in UK in Epcot! A Tardis shirt, weeping angel shirt and "the angels have the phone box" shirt. They are in the gift shop towards the back of the path, can't remember name of shop but there was also a ton of Beatles items. I believe the shop is back by the tea shop. DS has a Tardis that spins, makes the sounds of the Tardis, lights up & the door opens and u can see inside! Very cool!
CSR 11/2008, Poly~ Club Level 1/2009, POFQ 5/2010 & 10/2010, POP Century 10/2011, CBR 2/2013

SplashMtnCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #23
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
My two faves are #5 and #10. Peter Davison and David Tenant. I still find it weird that their in-laws now. It gives a whole new meaning to the ep "The Doctor's Daughter".
I remember going to a convention in 1985 where Peter Davison was the guest. He talked very proudly about his new baby girl. Of course, she grew up and married David Tennant.

Which makes me older than dirt.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
PirateFuzzball
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
DS9 is a big Dr. fan.
New to the board so I thought you were talking about Star Trek. I'll have to remember that means Dear Son 9yo.

Bit of a Whovian as well. I picked up this shirt recently from Woot: shirt.woot.com/offers/passenger

Kinda feel odd wearing a glow in the dark shirt, but my baby girl loves it.
PirateFuzzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #25
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
I remember going to a convention in 1985 where Peter Davison was the guest. He talked very proudly about his new baby girl. Of course, she grew up and married David Tennant.

Which makes me older than dirt.
Might have been I-Con 5 here in NY (IIRC). I remember WLIW (public TV) was giving away tickets to the convention to see Peter back then. I wanted to go, but couldn't. I didn't start attending I-Con until DH and I started dating and he took me to I-Con 7 for one day. We attended every year up until 10 years ago. Throughout all of those years, I was able to get autographs from Terry Nation, John Pertwee, Slyvester McCoy and John Levine (Sergeant John Benton of U.N.I.T.). I also had managed to purchase the Doctor Who RPG (role playing game) that I've only played once. Years later, I realized that it's missing some of the instructions.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor

Last edited by cybrkitn; 05-02-2013 at 06:37 PM.
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearybear View Post
I think the show is one of the best on TV. I watched it when I was a kid, but I don't remember much, except it was the doctor with the long scarf. I started watching again with the new show and Christopher Eccelson as the doctor. I think the scariest episode is the two part Library episode with the Vashta Narada.
"Hey, who turned out the lights!"
That would be Tom Baker. He's DH's favorite doctor.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #27
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
Just so ya know:

There are Dr Who shirts in UK in Epcot! A Tardis shirt, weeping angel shirt and "the angels have the phone box" shirt. They are in the gift shop towards the back of the path, can't remember name of shop but there was also a ton of Beatles items. I believe the shop is back by the tea shop. DS has a Tardis that spins, makes the sounds of the Tardis, lights up & the door opens and u can see inside! Very cool!
We saw them as well, but they only go up to size L (I think).

Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #28
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

DD19 and I are big Dr Who fans.l I got her a Don't Blink t-shirt.

When she graduated high school last year, the cake was a Tardis. Then at Christmas DH made her a 6 ft tall Tardis bookcase. She almost cried when she saw it. Before it was moved upstairs to her room, she would open the blinds in the room where the Tardis was. So when you drove up to our house you could see the Tardis inside.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00

Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #29
DL55
More time than money

A tardis bookcase..that's what I would love to have. Lucky daughter to have a handy dad.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #30
SavvyMom
It's my gig, what can I say

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
That would be Tom Baker. He's DH's favorite doctor.
Mine too!!! There was a time I would've given my left pinky toe for that scarf . Good times.

SavvyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: