Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
MouseketeerMommy
Earning My Ears

Visiting Family in Cabins?

We are traveling in October with family, but staying in two different places. My part of the group is staying off property, while the other part is staying in the cabins on property. We'd like to dine together at the cabins - can we do that? Is the "parking for three hours only" in effect there, and is it strictly enforced? I'm not looking to use the pool or anything - just visit family and maybe cook on the grill...

Does anyone have any current, specific information that will help us shed light on our potential plans?

Thanks!!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

There's no 3-hour parking rule here that I know of. Just use the parking lot that is marked for Pioneer Hall, etc. You can park here and take the internal bus to where your family is staying.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseketeerMommy View Post
We are traveling in October with family, but staying in two different places. My part of the group is staying off property, while the other part is staying in the cabins on property. We'd like to dine together at the cabins - can we do that? Is the "parking for three hours only" in effect there, and is it strictly enforced? I'm not looking to use the pool or anything - just visit family and maybe cook on the grill...

Does anyone have any current, specific information that will help us shed light on our potential plans?

Thanks!!
There is no 3 hour rule but there is a "one car per site" rule. In other words, if your family already has a vehicle at their site, you will have to park your car at the Outpost and then take a bus from there (or call your family to come get you). The driveways really can't handle more than one vehicle anyway.

Fort Wilderness is set up so motorized traffic is minimal. Your personal vehicle should be driven only to and from your cabin or campground site to the entrance/exit. In and out only.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: